The Heist Mission / Saving Jackie option blocked ???

+

Guest 4494782

I've noticed something within the heist mission, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if this is deliberate...
Before starting the mission, when you're at the Afterlife and talking to DeX, he says to you if everything goes well, you'll return here...
Fast forward to the plaza during the mission Tbug gets killed, however, if you run upstairs, the objective says get the soboru pad, then it says kill the guards...
Once you kill them, the vehicle opens up, and there's a computer Inside,.. where I believe you should be able to hack it and get away THUS SAVING JACKIES LIFE AND COMPLETEING THAT MISSION!...
However, once inside the vehicle, access to the computer is blocked , So you have no choice but to go the other way and Jackie dies....

Attachments

• 131997551_2835422286781111_3289278713846125386_o.jpg
    131997551_2835422286781111_3289278713846125386_o.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 388
  • 132033661_2835422333447773_1643992563953091870_o.jpg
    132033661_2835422333447773_1643992563953091870_o.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 394
Hmm does seem like it could have been a potential alternative route. Unfortunately as you said it is not utilized in the game. I feel things like this would only make it back into the game if CDPR decides to like "re-release" the game or a revisioned edition. It would change the story drastically. Don't know. I don't think it has ever been done in game history where they changed the game story in such a massive way.

Hmm does seem like it could have been a potential alternative route. Unfortunately as you said it is not utilized in the game. I feel things like this would only make it back into the game if CDPR decides to like "re-release" the game or a revisioned edition. It would change the story drastically. Don't know. I don't think it has ever been done in game history where they changed the game story in such a massive way.
From what I can tell. Persona 5 royal and Dead Rising off the record are games where the story is completely changed from the original. It's possible if CDPR decides to go that route. Probably take em years though.

I've noticed something within the heist mission, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if this is deliberate...
Before starting the mission, when you're at the Afterlife and talking to DeX, he says to you if everything goes well, you'll return here...
Fast forward to the plaza during the mission Tbug gets killed, however, if you run upstairs, the objective says get the soboru pad, then it says kill the guards...
Once you kill them, the vehicle opens up, and there's a computer Inside,.. where I believe you should be able to hack it and get away THUS SAVING JACKIES LIFE AND COMPLETEING THAT MISSION!...
However, once inside the vehicle, access to the computer is blocked , So you have no choice but to go the other way and Jackie dies....

I know it's most likely possible, as I stealthed all the way down to the garage, to have the guards instantly know where I was when I hacked one. The game FORCES you to lose stealth as they can instantly alert to combat if you sneak across the garage after making one commit suicide who didn't see you.

Hell, I wasted, a bunch of saves and tactics to try to wipe them before being spotted even once, but the game CHEATS to allow them to INSTA SPOT YOU. NOT RPG like at ALL.
Post automatically merged:

Re-release, ugh, I am beginning to hate this game..

Last edited:
On one of my playthroughs I avoided the top part and forgot about the katana so went back to get it (glitching of course) and there's even the remains of that computer with the hacking option, so it is weird that they just left it as it is, but honestly, a "director's cut" of the game adding such choices would be a huge slap in everyone's faces, also would prove that CDPR should get EXACTLY the same treatment than bugisoft and bugthesda

On one of my playthroughs I avoided the top part and forgot about the katana so went back to get it (glitching of course) and there's even the remains of that computer with the hacking option, so it is weird that they just left it as it is, but honestly, a "director's cut" of the game adding such choices would be a huge slap in everyone's faces, also would prove that CDPR should get EXACTLY the same treatment than bugisoft and bugthesda

I want to have faith again, I do. The story is really grabbing me, it's just clearly linear, and then I talk to a random passerby that doesn't even have the right kind of voice or speech options for their location, dress, even civilian class, and I'm ripped out of the immersion.

I'm just sad now. I even went to try and get a kitty, and that quest seems broken and glitched from ever being completable, the game hurt my soul a bit here..

It's possible if CDPR decides to go that route. Probably take em years though.
Dunno. As much as I would like to see some alterations here & there to the story, I think those that really want such changes are a (fairly) small minority, compared to those who either don't care or are happy the way it is. To CDPR it just won't be worth drastic changes.

Not sure if CDPR deserves the same treatment as bethesda or ubisoft, YES, the game have problems and they made mistakes, but if they fixed it...it's fine if they don't make the same mistakes again.
Skyrim had 17 updates and is only playable with unofficial patch...While ubisoft still have some strange strategies with micro transaction in-game.

Would be great if there was options to have different outcomes for your favourite characters depending on the choices or routes you make. I want a different outcome for a certain female. Who knows, hope they can pull something like this off but I think it will take some time.

Would be great if there was options to have different outcomes for your favourite characters depending on the choices or routes you make. I want a different outcome for a certain female. Who knows, hope they can pull something like this off but I think it will take some time.

I certainly hope so, and this quest was so effective emotionally I did cry, and talking to his mother, brought emotion as well. the writing, I feel the spirit of this game, it's in there, it's just clearly in a state it needs love, tender care and fixes, so many fixes..

Also, the bowl for Nibbles, the kitty came back after I met with Takemura, so clearly, some things will fix themselves after moving through missions.

Last edited:
That's the story arc. Jackie has to die. Sucks, cuz he's a cool cat and V wants him to live, but it is what it is. It has to happen for the story to progress meaningfully.
I think CDPR went too far into spoiler-land showing so much of Act 1 over the last couple years. I REALLY would have preferred it if I didn't know prior to playing that Jackie would die. It would have made it more suspenseful, and I actually would have given thought and time to trying to save him.

I think CDPR went too far into spoiler-land showing so much of Act 1
Honestly Act 1 feels like such a rush job and IMO needs a total rewrite.

They pulled the classic COD sledgehammer out to tell the story of Act 1 by introducing you to all of these interesting characters you know nothing about and teasing you with features you'll only ever use once or twice and then quickly killing said characters off and throwing those key features out the window all in a rush to hurry you to Act 2.

I want to have faith again, I do. The story is really grabbing me, it's just clearly linear, and then I talk to a random passerby that doesn't even have the right kind of voice or speech options for their location, dress, even civilian class, and I'm ripped out of the immersion.

I'm just sad now. I even went to try and get a kitty, and that quest seems broken and glitched from ever being completable, the game hurt my soul a bit here..
You know, there's this old rpg called magnacarta from ps2, decent enough game, kind of reminds me to CP77 in how linear it is, just that you reminded me about that game when you mentioned the linearity of the game, the cat seems to be full on glitched, there's this guy in youtube that did the mission and mentioned that the cat has no eyes but after you get the kitty and wait a while the eyes do appear normally so it seems to be bugged out from the start, mostly a matter of luck not to have the bug mess up the quest I guess.
Post automatically merged:

Quite honestly I get you, but it all depends on whether they want to make the effort for it, I imagine it must've been a bit of work to just think this kind of scenarios in let's say Mass effect when you can get mordin to live depending on previous choices of course so as you mention it will take time, more than likely quite some time.

Last edited:
You know, there's this old rpg called magnacarta from ps2, decent enough game, kind of reminds me to CP77 in how linear it is, just that you reminded me about that game when you mentioned the linearity of the game, the cat seems to be full on glitched, there's this guy in youtube that did the mission and mentioned that the cat has no eyes but after you get the kitty and wait a while the eyes do appear normally so it seems to be bugged out from the start, mostly a matter of luck not to have the bug mess up the quest I guess.

I still have that game, it was unique, I'll give it that, but those button combos with the strict timing just got a bit too much for me..

Also, the bowl for Nibbles, the kitty came back after I met with Takemura, so clearly, some things will fix themselves after moving through missions.

I still have that game, it was unique, I'll give it that, but those button combos with the strict timing just got a bit too much for me..
Oh man, never thought people would remember that game, I always sucked at combos there, had to practice quite a lot

Awesome, you got the kitty! Makes that apartment much more livelier, don't ask me why, not even a cat lover actually but the few times I went back to the apartment I wasted time just trying to play with the kitty lol

i think this was the remove feature ? my guess is alot of things being remove last mint if i remember :(

Wasn't there like one trailer in which Jackie was sitting with T-Bug and Dex in the Motel room? And having some interaction happening while you wash blood off?
If i remember correctly, it might have been either just Marketing material, or they were going for Dex being an even bigger scumbag. So they might have switched some time from a mostly Johnny Mnemonic chip killing us, towards one that needed to be with us, when Dex backstabs us.

Probably the heist was supposed to be a success before they turned it in the Keanu Reevs game. So now they forced you into one route that doesn't even support the stealth playstyle that the game does have.

I can't even blame management, this is on the devs. Awful design.

The fact that they still have part of the alternative route screams of a rushed job. The content wasn't cut, it was butchered.

Probably the heist was supposed to be a success before they turned it in the Keanu Reevs game. So now they forced you into one route that doesn't even support the stealth playstyle that the game does have.

I can't even blame management, this is on the devs. Awful design.

The fact that they still have part of the alternative route screams of a rushed job. The content wasn't cut, it was butchered.

It does, until you get to the Arasaka garage.

I was able to stealth all the way down there, and get one to commit suicide while stealthy, which stopped them from attacking the car.

The problem was that the moment you do it, they don't just go into attack mode, they seem to know to run towards the elevator, so I barely snuck around behind it, but they insta spot you even scanning them from across the garage. So after several reloads I gave up stealthing the exit, killed them all and looted before leaving.

Not sure if CDPR deserves the same treatment as bethesda or ubisoft, YES, the game have problems and they made mistakes, but if they fixed it...it's fine if they don't make the same mistakes again.
Skyrim had 17 updates and is only playable with unofficial patch...While ubisoft still have some strange strategies with micro transaction in-game.
Bugs and performance issues? That's one part. But the misleading marketing campaigns and lies during interviews with devs? That's a WHOLE different story. Where's the "no police in Pacifica, only gangs"? Or how about meaningful life paths? Or consequences for player actions? Spare / kill an important character - does it change anything? Nope. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Granted, ALL games rely on illusion and smoke and mirrors - but either they put some effort into said illusion or don't advertise features that aren't there. Right now this is very similar to No Mans Sky - perhaps not the same calibre of failure, but damn similar when you consider the stark contrast between marketing and reality. And CDPR was supposed to be the good guy...

Top Bottom