The horrible greatswords/ng handbuff/greedy consume/etc is almost over!

+
I wanted to enjoy a last few games of old gwent. I mean, I am all kinds of excited for the new one, but there are a couple of decks I will miss. And then .....greatswords everywhere. Really? No fun allowed I guess :cry:

So this is my celebration thread! Hooray! Goodbye greatswords! I will not miss those super boring matches where they put down a greatsword and then a boat....or sometimes a boat and then a greatsword.

I am sure we will all find new things to be frustrated with, but regular updates and lots of new shinies will hopefully keep the rage to a minimum :p

The only good thing about Greatswords was the fact it was a lot of fun to disrupt their engines by moving the boats and locking/killing/stealing both them and the Greatswords themselves. :p

So yeah, I won't miss them either.

I have no words to explain my disdain for all the n-skulls that played GS (!) in CASUAL (!!!) the last few days.

Grow a pair of cohones!

Unfortunately, with this big eraser incoming, Gwent will be erased too, so I'm not sure how happy I actually am...

Why Handbuff and not Mill/Sabbath??
The Handbuff was rather weak against GS, NG and Consume, all top tier decks.
I think OP played for North based on his choice of the worst decks.
But with Witch hunters and Margarita, it's almost a 100% victory against Handbuff too.

Last edited:
No more HYM!

That I)&^(&F&UYPL:KIfhgyre0fd8gu card!
OMG yes! Greatswords had access to so much annoying stuff!
Why Handbuff and not Mill/Sabbath??
The Handbuff was is rather weak against GS, NG and Consume, all top tier decks.
I think OP played for North based on his choice of the worst decks.
But with Witch hunters and Margarita, it's almost a 100% victory against Handbuff too.
Yes, Sabbath and mill for sure. I was running g out of room in the title ;)

I will miss the easy wins against GS and Kalveit :cry:
Effortless 70wr and rank 20 in one week for this last season with my antingine monster deck. Thank you boring players.

As it was said, new meta will replace old meta. But at least the new meta will be replaced every couple of months or so, since they'll get back to updating the game and we won't be stuck with the same OP decks for half a year or more.

Sure, we're just gonna have something different to be annoyed about (or maybe even something very similar), but still...

Goodbye to you, indestructible Greatswords and all your broken friends like Hym, Restore, Captain Fetch-Me-Anything, Bronze value+3 Corsairs and co
Goodbye to you, play-as-many-Witchers-as-you-can Alchemy
Goodbye to binary, make-the-whole-match-about-yourself Mill and Sabbath
Goodbye to "Have I drawn all my counters?" Axemen, Nekkers and Handbuff
Goodbye to all the point-spamming Dwarfs, Veterans and Reveal out there
Goodbye to all the Red-coin tempo openers
and of course
Goodbye to all you CA Spies deciding matches just by randomly sticking in the bottom of one player's deck

None of you will be missed:p

Last edited:
Goodbye Greatswords....

...welcome Eithné, lady of pew-pew, undisputed queen of control decks. :rolleyes:

Oh My God, you guys made my morning :D :D :D

I feel like all the problems of the current Gwent could be solved by just removing the "strengthen" mechanic, and yeah also fix that broken Hym.

Oh well, it's over.

Goodbye, SK ... not gonna miss you anytime soon, but
hello, slow paced arena like Gwent that will inherit all the problems that we've seen so far. Not looking forward to you at all.

Top Bottom