The I LIKE WHAT I'VE SEEN Thread

+
You guys are designing YOUR game. Not others' game, YOURS!

You guys knew there would be some blowback from the game being mostly first person perspective going from the witcher series to this but you revealed it anyways. You wanted to show cyberpunk could be shown off in a trailer during mostly daytime and it being bright and sunny and knew this might not be what people expected but you did it anyways. You ended an amazing trilogy with a legit game of the generation all-time great game and you said "no milking. time to do something new and fresh."

You guys said cyberpunk is much bigger and much more ambition than said great game, the witcher 3, and you know what, I believe it now! I'm so tired of the negativity and I'm glad you guys are designing what is yours and pondsmith's direction. Do not be phased by all of the negativity because the internet will get riled up over everything and anything. What you're doing seems to be working since I still think you have the single most viewed trailer of E3 and also because apparently the media were absolutely jaw-dropped floored at what they saw in that 50 min behind closed doors demo today.

I'm quite pleased with this showing from e3 from you guys.

Yes, well said
After trailers like Killing Monsters or the Cp2077 teaser trailer some people, (me included) expected some dark gritty sad look in this game, but it has a day night cycle and the future seems to be bright and colourful, and they are designing something new, based in Pondsmith's ideas, I totally accept and welcome what they are creating, I'm sure it will be awesome.

Still they should have just said the game was going to be a first person RPG only for game play 5 years ago, and not ask for player input for what players wanted in the game on the forums in 2013. If your going to make a game the way you want it , which is great as a developer then don't ask for player input on what they want in the game 5 years ago, only to tell them they have all these choices in the RPG game except camera view makes no sense. The game looks awesome I can't wait to buy it, and play it. I get motion sickness from playing FPS, and FPP games but still play them my immersion is getting dizzy if I play them for to long...…. so thanks CD Project Red for Cyberpunk 2077 I'm just not as hyped after E3 2018.

TBH with you bro, i didn't even think this game was going to come out... and the first trailer looked extremely different to what we have now.

Still they should have just said the game was going to be a first person RPG only for game play 5 years ago, and not ask for player input for what players wanted in the game on the forums in 2013.

1) Considering the game was still in pre-development back then, there is a good chance they didn't know what perspective they were going to use, and spouting out random details about a game they hadn't even begun to work on properly is not really a professional thing to do when these aspects can be subject to major changes early on. Having been fed details about the Witcher 3 that then turned out to be missing on release, I can speak from experience when I say no information is sometimes better than information that turns out to be misleading because of changes.

2) Asking for player input =/= including every player suggestion. Creative licence means freedom for the developers to ultimately build what they want. They can ask for feedback, ideas and suggestions, but that doesn't mean they have to strictly follow fan ideas. A game that was entirely fan ideas would be incoherent and chaotic, and honestly sometimes fan suggestions aren't good or don't work. So ultimately you have to trust the developers to do the best they can and choose the best way to make their game.

I'm joining the forums just to add to the CDPR appreciation thread going on.
When a game is this anticipated and this hyped, everyone starts picturing how it will be. For a hundred million fans, there will be a hundred million different ideas. And most of us are creatures of habit, we want something that's just like that thing we liked but a bit better.
CD Projekt RED could have given us that thing we liked but a bit better. Instead they went for the best they could make. They made choices, they took risks, they crafted something unique and special.
And yet here on the forums people are acting all "my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined". I've read lots of comments saying "I won't buy the game now" or "the hype is dead" and, I kid you not, "my dreams are shattered". All of which leads to one singular question.
Are you freaking serious?
Is there any company in to he world who has earned our trust more than CDPR? Have you ever seen the press so unanimously enthusiastic for a preview? And yet people here are acting as spoiled, entitled brats. Doesn't it conform 100% to your expectations? Big deal.
I am genuinely sorry for people with simulation sickness, but everyone, CDPR is creating the best game they can, they are under no obligation to cater to your every whim. You are buying a copy, not having one handcrafted bespoke for you.

Unasked for personal trivia time: I didn't even care for The Witcher 3 when it came out. I hadn't enjoyed the first one, and at the time I was playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. I didn't much care about dark fantasy and hadn't read a single line of Sapkowski. Then I tried it at a friend's, set aside my prejudices for a second and holy fuck it was amazing. I bought the game that same day.
That's to say: gamers, chill the fuck out. When something you hoped for doesn't precisely match your expectations, it's easy to feel hurt. But give them a freaking chance, because they deserve it more than anyone. And because anyone who saw the gameplay concurs that it's amazing.
And CDPR, if you are reading this, you are freaking amazing and keep on blazing your own trail. I'm sure there is a silent vast majority who trusts you to know better than us. It's just that angry minorities are better at being loud. We love you.
</rant>

I'm 99% sure I don't need to tell you this, but please don't bow to the pressures of a vocal segment of your fanbase re: play perspective. Aside from a smal minority of those who have physical issues with first person games (with whom I sympathize), the complaints of the rest of the pro-3rd person folks boil down mostly to things like "I liked the Witcher, and it was 3rd person" and similarly shallow arguments.

Bottom line, I trust YOU to make the game you want to make, and make the choices that will make it the best possible experience. The tidal wave of angry fans has never been louder than it is these days, and I worry about that 1% chance that even a company as confident as yours might consider caving to what seems like a majority. I'm sure it's not.

I have never anticpated a game more in my 47 years. I look forward to playing YOUR vision of this game. In a landscape in which Bioware is making Destiny 2.0 and Bethesda is making Fallout Rust, I could not be more grateful that a company with your priorities and your talents exist.

Most of us advocating tpp aren't wishing to make the game something it isn't, we don't want to take fpp away from the game or those that prefer it or to drastically alter how the game plays or the actual underlying mechanics the game is built on, the story, controls, how combat works, etc.

It's a usability option, even a simple option to use tpp while on foot and just walking/running around the world and exploring would be HUGE thing for many of us that prefer tpp. They can still have things tied to fpp (like the dialogue system, combat, etc) switch to that when it's needed and then back to tpp when it's done. That's not some gigantic thing that would fundamentally alter the gameplay, it's a view choice that games like Fallout/Elder Scrolls give to the players so both sides can enjoy the game how they want.

Cd Projekt has always been great at listening to consumers and giving them things that can help them play and enjoy the game better, from the movement update and storage space they gave us in TW3 and enhancements to things over the years that other studios would normally ignore customers asking for.

Cyberpunk is a game that I just wish every gamer would be able to play and enjoy and it hurts most of all for those people that can't handle fpp because of things like motion sickness to have to miss out on it because they aren't given that option.

This and so much this, even a couple things that let me down originally I now understand the why and how it fits on the big picture and it just reinforces me that this game is gonna be spectacular.
Every part of it feels like a cog on a big engine that works perfectly, these choices and results don't come without years of testing and hard work.

So glad for this thread. I can't stop looking at these forums hoping some new piece of info has dropped, and so many of the threads here are worrying that every possible game mechanic will be implemented in an imagined worst case scenario or whatever.

I'm not worried, what info we've seen looks great, and have proven themselves in the past. I do think official info at this moment would go a long way to reducing some of the anxiety and negativity. Its admirable that they don't want to speak to things that might change or present an inaccurate image, but giving little tastes keeps them from fearing the worst.

Yes, well said
After trailers like Killing Monsters or the Cp2077 teaser trailer some people, (me included) expected some dark gritty sad look in this game, but it has a day night cycle and the future seems to be bright and colourful, and they are designing something new, based in Pondsmith's ideas, I totally accept and welcome what they are creating, I'm sure it will be awesome.
People mistake being bright and colorful in looks to be bright and colorful in tone, but they said that they are trying to prove you can make a dark and gritty setting even in daylight.

Still they should have just said the game was going to be a first person RPG only for game play 5 years ago, and not ask for player input for what players wanted in the game on the forums in 2013. If your going to make a game the way you want it , which is great as a developer then don't ask for player input on what they want in the game 5 years ago, only to tell them they have all these choices in the RPG game except camera view makes no sense. The game looks awesome I can't wait to buy it, and play it. I get motion sickness from playing FPS, and FPP games but still play them my immersion is getting dizzy if I play them for to long...…. so thanks CD Project Red for Cyberpunk 2077 I'm just not as hyped after E3 2018.

This is not the way how it works.
The feedback they asked 5 years ago very well did have an impact to the game development. And I am pretty sure that they did consider implementing the Third-Person option, but apparently - in my eyes - it looks like this option didn't work out well, for which it is reasonable that they decided to go with First-Person instead. Which is also reason why they couldn't say it earlier.

Besides, you cannot make the idea of getting feedback be a bad thing, just because there is one single issue you don't agree with which they couldn't implement, because there is for sure a lot more feedback they've gained which actually inspired the development team and it still does with the continuing feedback they gain from day to day. The way how you put it sounds like the feedback request was all about only Third-Person perspective, and nothing else, but that's completely wrong.

As of for the motion sickness issue, I feel bad for you, but at least there is still something you can do about it to reduce its impact. There are quite a lot of methods which can be done such as turning on the room lights, sitting further away from the display etc. I recommend to google about methods to reduce motion sickness influence.
I am not a pro in this matter, but I think even if it were Third-Person, the game still has shooter elements which requires fast reactions. Therefore logically thinking even with that the motion sickness wouldn't vanish at all and the Third-Person perspective wouldn't change much to this matter, probably wouldn't even reduce anything at all.

However, you have also to understand this is the way how the game will go through its development process and design. A First Person Shooter is a First Person Shooter, this is how the game is designed and it cannot be changed. If we take the FPS-Game "Crysis" as an example, you cannot judge over this game having First-Person perspective either, since it is how the game was designed originally and how it is supposed to be. And that'll be the same rule for Cyberpunk 2077 too.

I really hope more people will eventually get a better understanding to this matter once more of the game content and features is revealed.

Last edited:
agreed, CD project red is doing an ultra high level quality game , with so much content and very cool envinroment , that it's impossible to not appreciate and admire all this work, so Cyberpunk 2077 will be a hell of good game, no doubts !

[Sard Edit: TPP discussion removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm joining the forums just to add to the CDPR appreciation thread going on.
When a game is this anticipated and this hyped, everyone starts picturing how it will be. For a hundred million fans, there will be a hundred million different ideas. And most of us are creatures of habit, we want something that's just like that thing we liked but a bit better.
CD Projekt RED could have given us that thing we liked but a bit better. Instead they went for the best they could make. They made choices, they took risks, they crafted something unique and special.
And yet here on the forums people are acting all "my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined". I've read lots of comments saying "I won't buy the game now" or "the hype is dead" and, I kid you not, "my dreams are shattered". All of which leads to one singular question.
Are you freaking serious?
Is there any company in to he world who has earned our trust more than CDPR? Have you ever seen the press so unanimously enthusiastic for a preview? And yet people here are acting as spoiled, entitled brats. Doesn't it conform 100% to your expectations? Big deal.
I am genuinely sorry for people with simulation sickness, but everyone, CDPR is creating the best game they can, they are under no obligation to cater to your every whim. You are buying a copy, not having one handcrafted bespoke for you.

Unasked for personal trivia time: I didn't even care for The Witcher 3 when it came out. I hadn't enjoyed the first one, and at the time I was playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. I didn't much care about dark fantasy and hadn't read a single line of Sapkowski. Then I tried it at a friend's, set aside my prejudices for a second and holy fuck it was amazing. I bought the game that same day.
That's to say: gamers, chill the fuck out. When something you hoped for doesn't precisely match your expectations, it's easy to feel hurt. But give them a freaking chance, because they deserve it more than anyone. And because anyone who saw the gameplay concurs that it's amazing.
And CDPR, if you are reading this, you are freaking amazing and keep on blazing your own trail. I'm sure there is a silent vast majority who trusts you to know better than us. It's just that angry minorities are better at being loud. We love you.
</rant>

Beautifully said.

Top Bottom