The I LIKE WHAT I'VE SEEN Thread

+
I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

There are only two developers in the entire videogame industry that I unconditionally trust. Only two.

CDPR and Hideo Kojima.

That's it.

CDPR, keep up the amazing work. I have no doubt that Cyberpunk 2077 will raise the standards not only for RPGs, but for videogames as a whole, and as an entertainment medium. I wish you all luck on your noble endeavor.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

There are only two developers in the entire videogame industry that I unconditionally trust. Only two.

CDPR and Hideo Kojima.

That's it.

I would've agreed with you had MGS5 had the controls ported over better. That said, I trust CDPR to not get so caught up in the storyline or world design to overlook a very basic thing like having controls that work equally well on all platforms.

I would've agreed with you had MGS5 had the controls ported over better. That said, I trust CDPR to not get so caught up in the storyline or world design to overlook a very basic thing like having controls that work equally well on all platforms.

You are aware of the intentional sabotage of MGSV by the publisher, Konami, aren't you? Including Konami's handling of the PC version?

On behalf of the whole team, thank you very much for your kind words and for the trust you have in us.

Marcin, i echo the sentiments in the Opening Post and all the supporting comments.
We EAGERLY await the game. It is going to be awesome. What a ride.

I'm joining the forums just to add to the CDPR appreciation thread going on.
When a game is this anticipated and this hyped, everyone starts picturing how it will be. For a hundred million fans, there will be a hundred million different ideas. And most of us are creatures of habit, we want something that's just like that thing we liked but a bit better.
CD Projekt RED could have given us that thing we liked but a bit better. Instead they went for the best they could make. They made choices, they took risks, they crafted something unique and special.
And yet here on the forums people are acting all "my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined". I've read lots of comments saying "I won't buy the game now" or "the hype is dead" and, I kid you not, "my dreams are shattered". All of which leads to one singular question.
Are you freaking serious?
Is there any company in to he world who has earned our trust more than CDPR? Have you ever seen the press so unanimously enthusiastic for a preview? And yet people here are acting as spoiled, entitled brats. Doesn't it conform 100% to your expectations? Big deal.
I am genuinely sorry for people with simulation sickness, but everyone, CDPR is creating the best game they can, they are under no obligation to cater to your every whim. You are buying a copy, not having one handcrafted bespoke for you.

Unasked for personal trivia time: I didn't even care for The Witcher 3 when it came out. I hadn't enjoyed the first one, and at the time I was playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. I didn't much care about dark fantasy and hadn't read a single line of Sapkowski. Then I tried it at a friend's, set aside my prejudices for a second and holy fuck it was amazing. I bought the game that same day.
That's to say: gamers, chill the fuck out. When something you hoped for doesn't precisely match your expectations, it's easy to feel hurt. But give them a freaking chance, because they deserve it more than anyone. And because anyone who saw the gameplay concurs that it's amazing.
And CDPR, if you are reading this, you are freaking amazing and keep on blazing your own trail. I'm sure there is a silent vast majority who trusts you to know better than us. It's just that angry minorities are better at being loud. We love you.
</rant>

Concur. I was late to the Witcher party. Fallout was my baby yet Witcher 3 won me over and absolutely deserved GOTY.
Whether a game is TPP, FPP, isometric, turn based Xcom style, whatever, as long as skill, care & dedication goes into it it has a good chance of being great.

Some TPP Wars startin' up again...not a great idea. Warnings issued, posts deleted. Leave it be people.

You guys are designing YOUR game. Not others' game, YOURS!

You guys knew there would be some blowback from the game being mostly first person perspective going from the witcher series to this but you revealed it anyways. You wanted to show cyberpunk could be shown off in a trailer during mostly daytime and it being bright and sunny and knew this might not be what people expected but you did it anyways. You ended an amazing trilogy with a legit game of the generation all-time great game and you said "no milking. time to do something new and fresh."

You guys said cyberpunk is much bigger and much more ambition than said great game, the witcher 3, and you know what, I believe it now! I'm so tired of the negativity and I'm glad you guys are designing what is yours and pondsmith's direction. Do not be phased by all of the negativity because the internet will get riled up over everything and anything. What you're doing seems to be working since I still think you have the single most viewed trailer of E3 and also because apparently the media were absolutely jaw-dropped floored at what they saw in that 50 min behind closed doors demo today.

I'm quite pleased with this showing from e3 from you guys.

Exactly this. CDP are not idiots, they knew what will come after revealing all this info and despite having an experience in creating a TPP game, they decided to go in a completely different way. So there has to be a f*** good reason for this which I am 100% sure we will see on that demo the press is so impreessed with.

You are aware of the intentional sabotage of MGSV by the publisher, Konami, aren't you? Including Konami's handling of the PC version?

Yes, and yet even though I know it was Konami and not Kojima that was responsible for that fiasco, my faith was still shaken in Kojima's ability to deliver no matter how much I respect his ability to design. At the root of it is that Kojima is only a designer while CDPR is a team. That allows CDPR to have a lot more control over all aspects of the game than one single designer ever could. And I think that that will make a huge difference in a world where great ideas have been ruined by less-than-stellar publishers.

Just to give some background, I run and write the Cyberpunk 2020 website Datafortress 2020, and have done so for over 20 years. It is the largest and most comprehensive website dedicated to the game in the world. I have been playing Cyberpunk 2020 since 1989, back when it was just Cyberpunk. I tell you this not to brag, but so you understand that this game, and it's future, have always been ridiculously important to me. If there is a number one fan of Cyberpunk 2020, then it's indisputably me.

When Cyberpunk the video game was first announced, I was one of the first people to sign up and post at the blog. Same with the forums (back when it was a separate entity from the Witcher Forums). i was prolifically posting, trying to be both supportive as we helpful in terms f explaining lore to the new folks, up until health issues caused m to take a hiatus. Again, not saying this as a boast, merely to illustrate how big a fan and supporter I am of this project, Cyberpunk 2077.

When the new trailer dropped, I was ecstatic, it was beautiful. It was everything I hoped it would be in terms of representing the world I had for so long. And I was riding .a wave of pure bliss.

Then the news hit that it was 3rd person only, which was disappointing for many reasons, but first and foremost because there is a very real possibility I won't be able to play it, or at the very least I will likely not be able to binge out on it like I was hoping and planning. First person gives me migraines, some games are worse than others, but all first person games do.

Regardless, I will continue to support the game fervently. I plan to still be a regular here, as much as health allows. I will still buy the game, likely as a pre-order with as much swag as I can get, and I will continue to not only operate my site, hopefully adding material from the game, as well as my own original material of course, but also to collect as much promo material and purchase as much merchandise as I can, cataloguing the whole lot for posterity.

In short, I love this franchise, I support what CDPR is doing and will continue to do so. This is not to say I may have criticisms sometimes, even harsh ones. But so long as it is attached to the glorious property Mike Pondsmith and his co-conspirators created so long ago, then I am all in.

Thank You CDPR. You are giving my beloved franchise a breath of fresh air, and a whole new generation of fans.

Last edited:
+1 for respect and for not backing down to the requestes of some wannabe game designers. Being consumer-friendly is a thing, letting others tell you what to do is another.
Means mad trust in yourselves and your project, and I can't wait for it.

I love what CDPR stand for and have always supported them with my money (I own collectors editions for every Witcher game and purchased near every piece of official merchandise they produced for The Wild Hunt). If it turns out CP77 has FOV sliders, I'll support their efforts by buying the game on sale.

What do you mean they are designing "their own game". I don't get it.

There are hundreds of workers who work on it - including new ones. Plus, most well-known companies (including indie games) create their own games.

One thing is sure, though. The owners of the company (CPR) do not make their games :) It is theirs, but they do not make it. Those who actually make it have no rights to the franchise. They could be fired with no rights to what they have done or produced for the game. That's the paradox.

You are hyped to the stars :)

Last edited:
To echo everything else that was said here, I'm MUCH more excited for what they're doing than a Witcher-like Cyberpunk.In this day and age that many developers(not all, there are still consumer-friendly publishers besides CDPR) get greedier and greedier, CDPR doesn't move a single inch from their beliefs and that's incredibly refreshing to see. As a computer science student and an aspiring game designer, it is awesome to see such a developer and let me tell you, for all of us , it would be a dream come true to work for a developer like that. For me, the ultimate goal of a game company that aims to be relevant throughout time isn't to make a great game , it is to get better with every game and that's the insane thing they don't just get better, they get exponentially better. So, CDPR, please, take your time and perfect this game according to your vision.
Thank you.

To echo everything else that was said here, I'm MUCH more excited for what they're doing than a Witcher-like Cyberpunk.In this day and age that many developers(not all, there are still consumer-friendly publishers besides CDPR) get greedier and greedier, CDPR doesn't move a single inch from their beliefs and that's incredibly refreshing to see. As a computer science student and an aspiring game designer, it is awesome to see such a developer and let me tell you, for all of us , it would be a dream come true to work for a developer like that. For me, the ultimate goal of a game company that aims to be relevant throughout time isn't to make a great game , it is to get better with every game and that's the insane thing they don't just get better, they get exponentially better. So, CDPR, please, take your time and perfect this game according to your vision.
Thank you.

CDP found the gap in the market. Let's do what fans really want/expect/miss etc. Other companies went in other directions because they already went through this stage many, many years ago, and wanted to push the branch into other directions, maybe even more profitable. CDP has had a great desire to succeed. Maybe they won't change and remain faithful because other companies let them fill this gap, let them offer the experience that people miss. CDPR is not a poor company, like some indie ones. Thus, they do not need to be greedy but just give their fans what they expect. Maybe that's the recipe. At least good for the time being. We also must remember the originality of the Witcher games, especially in the West and very little big stuff in the Cyberpunk world. It is again, filling some gaps in the market.

And it's so funny how UBI tries to adjust to it in the latest Assasin Creed's game :D But that's good. They are again trying to adjust to something but I would not call it a trend. It's still not enough. It's still Assasin experience. They try to change it, but it's not the same anyways. It's not enough.

UBI and EA, for example, do not think about being original or creative anymore. The only thing that matters to them is "milking". And it's a sad fact. Hopefully, CDP will remain innovative and creative without taking away some of the most important expectations from their fans at the same time. So yeah, such companies should be supported the most!

Quality, creativity, and originality should always be awarded the most. No matter what company it is.

Last edited:
Until it was announced that this game was going to be first person I had no idea that so many people got physically sick from playing first person games. Thankfully I am not one of them but it's almost a moot point as I've always found most first person games to be pretty boring. Considering how many people have addressed this as a serious issue as well as the numerous amount of people who've had a negative reaction to the news I am somewhat surprised CDPR hasn't made a statement of willingness to incorporate a third person option.

That being said even though it goes against my preference I feel strongly that even if it isn't my favorite game ever, it is very likely to be my favorite first person game ever. For people like yourself, I sincerely hope you are somehow able to enjoy it as much as everyone else.

My only concern is, I want to see our character (V) during dialogue exchanges with characters you're talking with. Some journalists who saw the demo said you absolutely see your character during dialouge. If we do, then I'm literally 100% fine with it being FPP.

I'll do it the same way I did when TW3 came out. Buy a Collectors Edition directly from CDPR (if possible this time) and a digital version on gog.com.

Why? Because they deserve it. That's why. And because you will always have the people waiting for an insane sale or get a cheap steam key from on of "those" sites. Someone has to make up for them. :D

Top Bottom