The I LIKE WHAT I'VE SEEN Thread

+
Didn't expect this thread to blow up! My only concern seems to have been answered since Giant Bomb said in one of their videos that we will most definitely see our character (V) during dialogue interactions. I'm 100% fine with moving around in 1st person and the combat being 100% in 1st person, but I still do want to see our character (V) a hell of a lot in dialogue, you know just like a geralt conversation in the witcher, where you see geralt's face all the time!

You guys should be proud CDPR. Also impressed as hell you guys got diablo-like color coded loot for weapons/clothes. Hope you have more handplaced loot than random RNG loot but I trust you no matter!

I'll be frank... CDPR gained so much good will in my eyes, that I would buy a game from them even if the only thing I knew about it is the title.

I'll be frank... CDPR gained so much good will in my eyes, that I would buy a game from them even if the only thing I knew about it is the title.

I have to agree with this. EA, Ubisoft and the like don't do anything to inspire loyalty (for me at least), they just take and take. CDPR are different and in a great way. I hate microtransactions/season passes and all that jive (literally the worst thing to happen to gaming) but dare I say it I would happily pay for these things in a CDPR game because they deserve it imho.

Cyberpunk is not my sort of genre, it's something I've never given much attention to and yet here I am so excited to be able to pre-order this game (when it's readyTM of course) because CDPR have made it!

You are aware of the intentional sabotage of MGSV by the publisher, Konami, aren't you? Including Konami's handling of the PC version?

But PC version of MGSV was great. The only thing to nitpick is that you can't control sneaking speed.. but the aiming precision of mouse is why I didn't use the controller..

Allright, after reading hundreds of comments here is my 2cts..

First im a gamer since the first nintendo comes out, playing all my life more or less depending life occupation.
Im also a game developper (conceptartist and hard surface artist) in the video game industry since 2014, and i worked in a title from start brainstorming to release early 2019
Im not a fanboy of this or that i like lot of things from 2d pixel platform games to fps by rpg and adventure etc etc

I want to say one things, CDproject i have totally confidence on what youre doing and im sure youre doing and working the best as you can to make the best game you can do! As developer this is what we are doing, we are passionate, we are working as hard as we can to always make the best game we can, and trust me its not always funny.
is this mean the game will be the best game ever created for everyone? Lol of course not, we will see the day it will be released and everyone have different taste and expectations so it will definitvly not!

i feel a bit sad for the devs about the reaction of some peoples, seriously guys you didnt see anything of the game and you act like that?
Our life as game developer is entirely dedicate to making the best things we can for the community and we are reading everything related to our game but we have reasons why we developing a game like it is.

Sometime things simply dont work in a certain way.
For exemple this FPP VS TPP as developper if we can do both without deform our vision and goal for the game of course we gonna implementing both but its not always the case, maybe because of the gameplay mechanics, maybe because of the UI, or just because the level design (in a cyberpunk world you have tiny environmemt like little apartments, corridors, etc making a TPP camera who work in these situation is a real pain, honestly its sooo difficult without talking about all the animations tweak, shooting tweak etc etc can be extra years of developement that meanings millions of dollards...).

So im not working for CDproject (i would love for sure, as fan of cyberpunk worlds and cdproject past work it would be an honnor, maybe try to applicate next year once the game im working now will be released and i will be back to europe.. if there are looking for people i will try for sure ;) ) but im with you guys, keep working as you think its the best and we will see if we like this game, im sure there still a lot of work to do and understand your communication, ive faith youre are putting your life totally dedicated to make the best game you can made for our enjoyment, make us dream as you always done, this trailer blow my mind for sure, take your time, do it right, do it as you always do, with passion!

Thanks!

(and for people who still not happy about their choice you can do like me at 25years old i took all my economy, went back to school, learned drawing and 3d and now im working in the videogame industry and make games ! Its never too late, stop complaing behind your computer, ACT ! )

I have never anticipated a game so much as this one, nor have I ever been excited more about an E3 than this one, why because of cyberpunk. I can't explain it but maybe some other users have had the same experience. Since the rumors dropped about it appearing at E3 afew months back, I have been thirsty for information (actually I should say I was dehydrated lol, cause I was thirsty for the last 5 years 😜). It was always in the back of my mind of recent ......when driving, when playing other games, thinking in the shower........ Why because of my trust in you devs....you guys gave us TW3 (Tw1&Tw2 as well) a game that swollowed my soul and an experience no other game so far has come close to matching (except for the up coming cyberpunk).

You guys redefined the RPG genre with your last game and set a yard stick that most other titles out there can't measure up to, or indeed now are measured against. I have full faith that whatever you are going to give us moving forward will indeed exceed those standards and set new ones.

Again, this is a very selective view. There
You guys are designing YOUR game. Not others' game, YOURS!

There wouldn't nearly have been the same amount of blowback had the team made a statement the minute it became apparent which direction they were headed. Instead it was left to be spilled out by gaming websites after six long years of anticipation. You also have a fanbase of over a decade that have come to expect certain things. At the end of the day, this is a video game for consumers, not strictly a piece of art, which is exactly why CDPR had/has a thread asking for opinions. Most folks aren't asking the team to scrap what they were doing, they're asking to be taken into consideration for various legitimate reasons. If there are technical reasons (rather than highly subjective ones) why there can't be some kind of accommodation, then perhaps CDPR should let the world know...

Love you CDPR! Even if you made a game in a genre I didn't enjoy I'd still support you. Never felt so well taken care of by such a large company <3!

Correct, it's a bit too early for preorders. There's no release date yet and still a lot to do.

I am not blindly loyal to CDPR, really only becoming aware of them with the original anouncement that they were going to be adapting Cyberpunk, and my only experience with their games is Witcher 3. My blind loyalty lies with the Cyberpunk 2020 franchise, but I love what CDPR has done so far and believe we are all on the same glorious page.

Call it blind loyalty, but this loyalty is earned. It's based on a GREAT track record.

In my case, if the game is DRM-free on GOG, I might see if any of my friends are getting it so I trial run it. Vote with your wallet, and all that.

I will definitely put in a pre-order for this game whenever it becomes available. I've personally liked CDPR's games since the very beginning (the Witcher series of course). However, took me actually a few years to notice the game since none of my friends played, so one day I saw the Platinum Edition of the first Witcher, bought it and was sold immediately.

I do not usually care about the Collector's Edition stuff, but I'll be sure to pre-order this one as well.

Top Bottom