The I LIKE WHAT I'VE SEEN Thread

+
I was here on the blogs too back then and have been around all this time. Perhaps a bit on the marginal side with my opinions, but nonetheless. And as Wisdom, I've also waited for someone to make a cRPG version of 2020 for quite some time.

I'm not going to announce unquestioned support, though. Not yet. I think that while most of everything sounds really good, there are certain criteria that I think needs to be met at least to certain extent with some rather large features. I want to like the game, I really really do, but I do not want to (and can not) have it such that I have to endure the rest of it to get to the good bits.

I don't have anything specific against the prespective, in fact - while the preference would've been elsewhere for mechanical reasons rather than others - I've kinda expected it and hoped to see it done right so that it still gives the impression of playing an RPG proper. So far there are still some rather large questionmarks, that I hope to see touched upon by CDPR.

Considering the feedback I wouldn't be surprised if an optional 3rd person perspective would be made available or modded in post launch. Personally I don't have a horse in that race as I can enjoy either perspective but for the sake of people who will struggle for health reasons I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

As for myself I fully plan to get a collectors edition for this, it will be the first CE I buy since TW3's. I learned about Cyberpunk through the first CDPR announcement and alot of the history from yourself @wisdom000. Since then have gotten into the PnP even GM'img a couple of games and really getting into the world.

CDPR have earnt my respect and support from the Witcher series, so I will be pre-ordering CP, as soon as is possible! I love rpgs, and there are not so many good ones out there as I would like.

Sorry to hear you really can't experience FP perspective Wisdom, I know how much this game meant to you. I wonder if there are technical tweaks a developer could make to help make an FP game feasible for more people.

While I'm not expecting a perfect game (what game is?) I am fully committed to Cyberpunk 2077 and CDPR's efforts in bringing a cyberpunk cRPG to reality. My hope is that it will start out as a good-great game to start and then improve with years of support and development to become what so many of have wanted since we first read Neuromancer. An immersively gritty cyberpunk alternate reality.

While I'm not expecting a perfect game (what game is?) I am fully committed to Cyberpunk 2077 and CDPR's efforts in bringing a cyberpunk cRPG to reality. My hope is that it will start out as a good-great game to start and then improve with years of support and development to become what so many of have wanted since we first read Neuromancer. An immersively gritty cyberpunk alternate reality.

How dare you, sir?! Minesweeper, Win XP edition is the definition of Perfect. There is no windows gaming experience without Minesweeper! :D

I will have to put my money into the only games I see in the future for me, not this one. I am visually impaired and unable to play FPS or what ever hybrid everyone says this game is. I will preorder Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the only game so far after more than 20 years that has stayed true to 3rd person RPG, and then I will buy AC Odyssey. I will have to wait for the the next Dragon Age. CDPR, good luck with cyberpunk 2077. I was really looking forward to it, but it's your game, not mine.

I feel like they listened to every suggestion I ever made, and i'm so stoked about it!

1. As you all know I was very critical of the initial trailer of CP2077 I believe i coined the term "too clean, too mass effect" back in 2013/2014 to describe it and i wanted a more 80s retrofuturistic vibe aesthetics and that is EXACTLY what we got mixed with contemporary future. They absolutely NAILED IT.

2. I wanted Akira bikes in the game. And one of the devs confirmed we will be getting Akira bikes.

3. I wanted kids in the world, because it would make the world more authentic. We got a kid playing VR.

What about you guys?

I feel like they listened to every suggestion I ever made, and i'm so stoked about it!

1. As you all know I was very critical of the initial trailer of CP2077 I believe i coined the term "too clean, too mass effect" back in 2013/2014 to describe it and i wanted a more 80s retrofuturistic vibe aesthetics and that is EXACTLY what we got mixed with contemporary future. They absolutely NAILED IT.

2. I wanted Akira bikes in the game. And one of the devs confirmed we will be getting Akira bikes.

3. I wanted kids in the world, because it would make the world more authentic. We got a kid playing VR.

What about you guys?
I feel like it's a coincidence that the devs put in things that you, a single user, had once requested.

Well, they haven't picked up any of my ideas yet, and I've been on this forum for an entire day now. :p

Seriously tho', it is great to have a dev team that's open to new ideas and listens to player feedback.

Guest 4310777

Some of their biggest lessons have probably been learned from the experience and feedback they got for Witcher 3

I remember a lot of people asking for bars in the game to be able to hang out and play pool, and we had a cool shot of that in the trailer.

Guest 4310777

the outskirts of the city look very interesting.
Yes I'm very curious how much "rural" area the game will contain. Obviously it could be quiet open and sparse, so they could make a lot of it, would make driving more important.. imagine being out in the desert on a hot night, pulling over to the side of the road, equipping a cigarette and looking out towards night city, lit up like a neon Xmas tree in the distance.. I can just imagine it being wild out there, mad Max style insanity

I don't know how much of that was just just coincidence, but if they really are listening to fan feedback, which can be a double edged sword, I'm glad they're listening to the immersion/in-game environmental features and implementing those suggestions/changes. I know of one other studio which boasted about "listening to fans" constantly, and they never did any of what the fans suggested to them ever, still don't.

Top Bottom