The "I think...." game. [Spoilers]

+
So, because of some comments in this forum, lately I've been thinking about how we all make different stories in our heads after we meet an NPC or watch certain scenes, and I got insanely curious about this. Hell, sometimes we make these stories on purpose just to keep ourselves entertained and add a little bit more of content to our playthrough. So I propose this little game, if you wanna call it like that.

For Example: I think... the reason why Jackie's father never returned is because Padre got rid of him. Why? Cause he met Jackie since he was born and cares about Mama Welles, so he decided to punish him, being the powerful fixer he is.

There aren't wrong posts or ideas, I'm just curious to know what stories you've created or came to the conclusion to

I think... "EagleEye Inc." (the merc who fought back Ben DeBaillon) is a scav netrunner from the unplayable area of Pacifica. They were a netwatcher who exiled to the most dangerous area of Pacifica for some reason, and joined in Scavengers. We may see them in dlc:whistle:

Finger once a joytoy

Josie was an outcast of Aldecaldos

I am not terribly imaginative, either. I pay other people to help me a bit with fantasy, like cdpr and bethesda.

By biggest unconfirmed, but popular speculation is that hairless cat being Nibbles from TW3. We know Ciri went into the future where people were flying and they had "metal on their heads." So that fearless cat probably followed Ciri through the portal. Somehow in the process he lost his hair, and is now hairless. I know the eyes don't really match, but I pretend he is anyway.

I figured out how to adopt it, and I had him living in my apartment the last play through.

In my head, it was kind of cool having a cat in my apartment that saw Garalt in the flesh.

The story behind the cat was he began as just a prop in that house in Oxenfurt, while Garalt waited for the Baron's daughter to come downstairs, the cdpr wanted to add something for the player to watch, they didn't just want to leave the gamer hanging, staring at nothing. So they just added the cat. But the cat grew and sort of became famous in the studio, people kept talking about him and bringing him up. So they added him in a few extra scenes. He's become sort of like a mascot, in a way.

I say "he" I am assuming it's a male cat, but not sure. It might be female.

I find Regina one of the most misterious characters in NC. She transpires a fakeness in her niceness. I'm guessing she was always a selfish person even as a media. But as a media a righteous attitude would be supported from going after the powerful. Now as a fixer that was used to being treated as a nice person she plays this awkward nice personna while at the same time saying things like "V? Oh good you're still alive because I have more jobs for you to do".

Oh, city gossip, but not about me? That's hard, I am all about myself as V. The living legend of Afterlife. It is all about me, and I own the NC.
I will try.

I think there should be more Vendetta weapon mods lying around.

Here is my take on Regina Jones

"The People's Republic of China is a rising power and ally of the New United States in the early 21st century."
Seeing how NUSA has a fractioned governance, with autocratic regions , it's not too much to assume that china will have also several factions, fighting for power on such large territory.

She is spying for the Chinese.

She ask you to steal some info for them (lodge in an encrypted device that has a very hard decoding process only possible in a lab) while being stressed out about it because it's a big deal for her. A form of repayment that she entrust you to follow with formal protocol of no question's asked. You target delivery can be scanned but display no info on purpose as if "Those people are not officially in the country".

It's also unsure were her investigation about Cyberpsycho leads. She says that they are being "treated" with experimental solutions (where, how, by whom?) without expanding on it while it's well know, that as least on NUSA ground there is no such program in place to help them. You either get enrolled by MaxTac or you are blown to pieces. The news even insist of public powers having no definitive knowledge about the source of Cyberpsychosis and even less the possible remedy. As a theory, implants driven psychosis are well known by their manufacturer but kept secret from public organizations. By gathering and "helping" different cases of individuals with different implants from different manufacturer, they can fix their own tech and keeps the other companies in the dark from their finding, living them behind and desperate to trade for a solution.

She did quit her media job when her station was being acquired by News 54 because of the red tape and corporate oversight that she will have been subjected too. From the start, her job was a cover providing a vast network of independent people that she could rely on to pry open some unknown secrets. A very useful cover.

Thx for reading :giggle:

Here is my take on Regina Jones

"The People's Republic of China is a rising power and ally of the New United States in the early 21st century."
Seeing how NUSA has a fractioned governance, with autocratic regions , it's not too much to assume that china will have also several factions, fighting for power on such large territory.

She is spying for the Chinese.

She ask you to steal some info for them (lodge in an encrypted device that has a very hard decoding process only possible in a lab) while being stressed out about it because it's a big deal for her. A form of repayment that she entrust you to follow with formal protocol of no question's asked. You target delivery can be scanned but display no info on purpose as if "Those people are not officially in the country".

It's also unsure were her investigation about Cyberpsycho leads. She says that they are being "treated" with experimental solutions (where, how, by whom?) without expanding on it while it's well know, that as least on NUSA ground there is no such program in place to help them. You either get enrolled by MaxTac or you are blown to pieces. The news even insist of public powers having no definitive knowledge about the source of Cyberpsychosis and even less the possible remedy. As a theory, implants driven psychosis are well known by their manufacturer but kept secret from public organizations. By gathering and "helping" different cases of individuals with different implants from different manufacturer, they can fix their own tech and keeps the other companies in the dark from their finding, living them behind and desperate to trade for a solution.

She did quit her media job when her station was being acquired by News 54 because of the red tape and corporate oversight that she will have been subjected too. From the start, her job was a cover providing a vast network of independent people that she could rely on to pry open some unknown secrets. A very useful cover.

Thx for reading :giggle:
Love it and makes a lot of sense.

I think...

That it would be a very cool easter egg that your car takes no damage from general accidents, as long as you turn down any other sounds and the car radio is at 100%.

How do you think I've achieved 1000 hours in Cyberpunk 2077? Literally this! By forcing role-play aspects like this upon myself outside of what the game offers you. Sometimes the best stories take place in your head. Oh, and it helps if you play with No HUD ;) It's a great RPG if you treat / approach it like an RPG. Too many people want the RP element spoon-fed. But the RP is best experienced when you put your mind to work. At least in my opinion!

I think it is utter nonsense that Takemura can kill Dex. bit the game won't let me give it a shot and at least die fighting or something.

Getting hit by a truck would make more sense to me than getting shot by Dex in that room with my weapon force-holstered by the game.

An alternative scenario... If Dex and his little body guard don't kill you, Takemura chases you till he realizes that the mercs are sent after both you and him (shouldn't be too hard to figure it out). and V dies after a car crash while on the run. Or something. Forced holstering really violates the player. Even more than giving Dex ridiculous \inf health would.

photomode_28082021_191259.jpg

Last edited:
I think the solved 2x2 rubix cube you see in the first braindance was an allusion to one of the endings. One of the little details I missed on my first play-through

I think the solved 2x2 rubix cube you see in the first braindance was an allusion to one of the endings. One of the little details I missed on my first play-through
The one on the seller's counter during the robbery ?
Maybe :)
it still there when you go back in after.

Top Bottom