The in-game "internet" is dead.

+
For the entire game, only a couple of fresh news appears on the sites. About the kidnapping of Hanako, about the mayoral elections, about the attack of the nomads on the avi and that's it. I understand you didn't have the money to make a long storyline because you spent 300 million on Keanu's royalties. But was it so difficult to WRITE, in plain text, more news about events in the city?

For example, where is the news about a movie with Joshua? You could make two different news about this movie. Since the quest has two endings. One news that the film was successful, and the other that the film was criticized.

Where is the news about fixer Akulov from the USSR? Indeed, in the game we encounter him several times and we will even have the opportunity to kill him! Why don't we find any mention of this in the media?

At the very end of the game, when V wakes up in his own house, becoming a legend among the mercenaries, I immediately ran to the computer! To read the news about how some mercenaries attacked the tower of Arasaka. And you know what? NOTHING!

Was it really that hard? It's just text. You don't need to voice anything, you don't need actors, you don't need cutscenes. It's just text on the site! Why couldn't you even do that? Lord, how many missed opportunities. How much wasted potential. What a failure.

For the entire game, only a couple of fresh news appears on the sites. About the kidnapping of Hanako, about the mayoral elections, about the attack of the nomads on the avi and that's it. I understand you didn't have the money to make a long storyline because you spent 300 million on Keanu's royalties. But was it so difficult to WRITE, in plain text, more news about events in the city?

For example, where is the news about a movie with Joshua? You could make two different news about this movie. Since the quest has two endings. One news that the film was successful, and the other that the film was criticized.

Where is the news about fixer Akulov from the USSR? Indeed, in the game we encounter him several times and we will even have the opportunity to kill him! Why don't we find any mention of this in the media?

At the very end of the game, when V wakes up in his own house, becoming a legend among the mercenaries, I immediately ran to the computer! To read the news about how some mercenaries attacked the tower of Arasaka. And you know what? NOTHING!

Was it really that hard? It's just text. You don't need to voice anything, you don't need actors, you don't need cutscenes. It's just text on the site! Why couldn't you even do that? Lord, how many missed opportunities. How much wasted potential. What a failure.

And not only that, they had a clear example with GTAV of how to create a network environment, for the love of God, you have the corporations the perfect excuse for stocks and shares, in addition to the possibilities to buy vehicles, etc ... that has gone with all that? We are going to have to prepare a specific mod, how difficult was it to write on the plane as indicated by this user?

Subenu

Forum regular
fun fact:
There is no internet anymore, because it was "destroyed" by Bartmoss with RABIDS and NETWATCH had to create the black wall to keep the rogue AIs in check so it won't infest the thousands of newly created subnets which are then being used.

On another hand I agree it would be nice to read more about the stuff getting updates (the stuff the news talk about, not only ingame, but also during the start-loading screen etc)

Glifu

Forum regular
You mean news in media about the SPY from USSR who make a deals with Arasaka?

You mean news in media about the SPY from USSR who make a deals with Arasaka?
The fact of the matter is that the legend, the cover for this agent, says that Akulov is the ambassador and visited Night City on diplomatic affairs, his visit is quite official. Although this is just a cover for his real goals.

You are looking for a meaningful deep impact world system in a bare-bone game?? For real? They dont even have a god damn faction system hell scratch that.. they dont even have a basic AI system to begin with... And yes i heard that some of the devs told them that the game is nowhere near ready WHICH I RESPECT DEARLY... You guys have drinks on me for that i believe in people with cahoneeis ... this game doesnt have RPG elements other than needed for to be an interactive looter-shooter... nothing more..if they didnt had those people would get bored after 10 hrs and not after 40 hrs of shooting some NPCs in the head... everything is soo basic in this game that it just shows how in a hurry were they and btw ... probably 30% of the map is cut... and a small amount of people actually noticed that - cuz they were showing it non stop before release.. and yeah people think DLC but it just shows.. they needed one more year for this game no joke... That is why i respect Techland and their decision about dying light 2.. keep quiet and work in peace.. when you can show something show it... id rather have that approach and not being hyped through the roof...Cause the hype FROM CD PROJECT destroyed the game..

Top Bottom