The Inevitable Enhanced Edition

+
Do something about act 3, I mean didn't they learn from all the critique from the second game? They made the same mistake again by having a final act that feels rushed and is void of choice. Don't get me started on the alchemy system. Triss, but that has already been covered all over the forum. And finally do something about Eredin and the hunt. Allow us to sympathize or at least understand their motivations, he is after all potentially the savior of his people, and to them you're the villain. CDPR could have added a great deal of complexity and forced the player to weigh the worth of Ciri vs an entire civilization, even though it seems to be made up of c***ts. I am very disappointed they turned him into Voldemort, and didn't even give us a chance to speak to the dude.

Do something about act 3, I mean didn't they learn from all the critique from the second game? They made the same mistake again by having a final act that feels rushed and is void of choice. Don't get me started on the alchemy system. Triss, but that has already been covered all over the forum. And finally do something about Eredin and the hunt. Allow us to sympathize or at least understand their motivations, he is after all potentially the savior of his people, and to them you're the villain. CDPR could have added a great deal of complexity and forced the player to weigh the worth of Ciri vs an entire civilization, even though it seems to be made up of c***ts. I am very disappointed they turned him into Voldemort, and didn't even give us a chance to speak to the dude.

Why in the world would you want a conversation that makes you want to sympathize with a man who wants to murder your in-game daughter? That strikes me as a really-really poor design decision as this isn't Dragon Age. You're not some generic vanilla protagonist who can give food to the starving one minute then stab someone for looking at you funny the next. The appeal of the Witcher series is that you are immersed in the mindset of a fully developed 3-dimensional character and that includes his love for his child.

It's more like Bioshock: Infinite than Skyrim with a Faceless Genderless Multiple Personality Disorder avatar of the player. Eredin is coming for your family and there should nothing but PURE unrelenting unforgiving HATE for this man.

No compromise, sympathy, or mercy possible.

The problem is Eredin doesn't invoke that sort of overwhelming HATE either. He invokes "Meh" and that's the wrong emotion. Handsome Jack made the player characters want to go to his home and beat him to death with a lamp. Comstock is the kind of guy you wanted to drown in his own baptismal font, even if you were religious.

Players should feel that killing Eredin's entire race is worth it if it gets you to kill him in order to protect Ciri--and that should be kind of horrifying yet awesome.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to get that sort of emotion, but it's what I would want.

I won't really add much to what people here said, but I really want to add my thoughts into the matter, if CDPR decides to make an enhanced edition or something similar to the sort I really hope they do the following:

1-More development to the Wild Hunt, especially Eredin: (pretty much copy pasted from the Wild Hunt portrayal thread, hehe)

Having Eredin Breac Glass only have 5 lines in the entire game is a huge wasted potential, this is not some normal character, this is the nemesis of both Ciri and Geralt, let us see him torment Geralt with visions like in the Witcher 1 (where he was represented perfectly) throughout Witcher 3 like after an act finishes or implementing a Ciri flashback from the time she was in their world and let us see the real side of him like we did in the books, or better yet, add more lines to him in the scenes that we see him in, Caranthir and Imlerith had satisfactory amount of development into them, but Eredin needed a lot more, also a scene of him without his damn helmet.

2- Let Ciri comment on Geralt's love choices:

It is weird to see Ciri not giving a flying fuck when Geralt basically chooses Triss over Yennefer or if Geralt chooses to be alone and Ciri not commenting on it.

The appeal of the Witcher series is that you are immersed in the mindset of a fully developed 3-dimensional character and that includes his love for his child.

But this is the Witcher, there should be no one sided-views for any character, all the villains in the series had intentions you understood so you felt bad about killing them, however, the Wild Hunt's intentions (meaning Eredin) were not explored enough, I personally know his intentions and what he really is because I read the books and if it was explored in the game it would have added way more to the already awesome game that is the Witcher 3.

But I agree, like you said, you should really hate Eredin because he is threatening your daughter and would outright kill her to reach his goals but also having a feeling of understanding his intentions on the back of your mind, that would have been perfect.

-More Witcher 2 characters.
-Add Iorveth, Saskia, Vergen, Natalis, Dethmold.
- Add Wicher 2 consequences and decisions.

The worst thing about Witcher 3 is that it's not a sequel what-so-ever. Make it a true sequel, add Witcher 2 content!

-More Witcher 2 characters.
-Add Iorveth, Saskia, Vergen, Natalis, Dethmold.
- Add Wicher 2 consequences and decisions.

The worst thing about Witcher 3 is that it's not a sequel what-so-ever. Make it a true sequel, add Witcher 2 content!
Exactly, they intended this to be a standalone game with only a few choices carrying over from Witcher 2, even though this is meant to be the end of Geralt's story. Adding previous characters should of been added even if it was in a minor role.

Two main things for me:

1. Meatier epilogue for Geralt for both "good" endings. I would've liked to see two extra scenes. The first as a final get-together with his closest friends where you can see what everyone will go off to do. The second, a final scene with Geralt/Geralt+Yen/Geralt+Triss before he/they "ride off into the sunset". A sort of final statement that the conflict is over and the end of his life awaits him. Basically ease the player into the idea that Geralt is at peace with his choices, perhaps even happy, at last.
2. More dialogue sprinkled throughout the game, where appropriate or opportune, where other characters pick Geralts brain. Geralt, on his own, doesn't go out of his way to express his thoughts and so gets questions posed by other characters. Happened a bunch in the books but the game was too laser focused on Ciri and so we didn't get enough opportunities to feel for Geralt in the meantime.

Boils down to this:
Let us get more information about what Geralt is thinking about the events of the main story. Before, during and especially after.

I wouldn't call it inevitable. They've stated a few times on these boards that they do not have any plans for an Enhanced Edition.

Let's see...
- More Triss (obligatory ;))
- More returning characters (option to recruit Yarpen or Iorveth to defend Kear Morhen)
- Option to have an old school Alchemy system
- Legendary Wolf gear quest line
- Actual post main quest world state, including the option to interact with major characters
- (highly optional) Possibility to save Vesimir

Some of that would be quite some work, but it would be worth it.

Give Radovid a psychology therapy.

More Triss.

Removal of the level system.

Rebalance the stats and items system across the board.

More effects from TW2's decisions.

Better AI.

Proper justice system.

And most important of all, a proper "after the end" world.

Two main things for me:

1. Meatier epilogue for Geralt for both "good" endings. I would've liked to see two extra scenes. The first as a final get-together with his closest friends where you can see what everyone will go off to do. The second, a final scene with Geralt/Geralt+Yen/Geralt+Triss before he/they "ride off into the sunset". A sort of final statement that the conflict is over and the end of his life awaits him. Basically ease the player into the idea that Geralt is at peace with his choices, perhaps even happy, at last.
2. More dialogue sprinkled throughout the game, where appropriate or opportune, where other characters pick Geralts brain. Geralt, on his own, doesn't go out of his way to express his thoughts and so gets questions posed by other characters. Happened a bunch in the books but the game was too laser focused on Ciri and so we didn't get enough opportunities to feel for Geralt in the meantime.

Boils down to this:
Let us get more information about what Geralt is thinking about the events of the main story. Before, during and especially after.

Like the sounds of both of those. For me i'd like the early Kaer Morhen sequences given a going over. Allow reactivity to who has been recruited earlier(Kiera/Letho etc) to make it feel the game is alive to your choices. Get Triss there alongside Yen. Get the possibility of some actual confrontation and reactivity to Geralt's personal choice before the plot kicks into high gear afterwards.

Top Bottom