The Jester's riddle (contest game)

+
Great. Now I'm lost. Can't think of any human matriarch character in the books - other than maybe Nenekke which it isn't.

Eithné?

It's a long shot, because she's humanoid, not exactly human, I wouldn't know a reason why her daughters wouldn't bear her grandchildren and I don't know about any other name she might have. Great guess.

Aaden said:
Great. Now I'm lost. Can't think of any human matriarch character in the books - other than maybe Nenekke which it isn't.
Glad that you read the books, because it's easier to guess who I meant if you know canon. You can still deduce the correct answer using information given in the games though it's definitely harder.

It's a long shot, because she's humanoid, not exactly human, I wouldn't know a reason why her daughters wouldn't bear her grandchildren and I don't know about any other name she might have. Great guess.
It's not Eithné and the person it's definitely a human... well, maybe not as 'definitely' as me and you ;-)

secondchildren said:
You mean... an half-human? like Shee'naz? LOL
No, not half-human, just not as typical as, let's say, Shani or Whistling Wendy (what is with this riddle bringing up references to prostitutes).

:confused:

I don't have a clue. I'm still totally stumped by the part about her name and running out of matriarchs, too.

Margarita Laux-Antille?

Headmaster of Aretuza - the students being her 'daughters', no 'grand-children' because a) she isn't their mother or b ) Aretuza has been destroyed.
'Perfection' because she's said to be very beautiful, even more so than Yennefer.
Can hardly be derived from the games because she is only mentioned briefly by Shilard as one of the conspirators.

Vattghern said:
Tissaia de Vries?
Bravo! :) You solved the riddle. Now let me explain this one, so everyone can understand what I meant:

I am the mother of countless daughters -> Tissaia was the Headmistress of the school for sorceresses called Aretuza situated on Thanedd Island. She was also a teacher/mentor of Filippa, Margarita, and Yennefer - with the last one she had definitely the strongest very emotional bond.
who will never bear me grandchildren -> Tissaia was the strong supporter of introducing a ban on mages having children. She was also the one who propagated sterilization for every young sorceresses.
perfection is my second name -> She was extremely neat and refined; a living definition of a pedant ;-) She was also the most powerful and talented magician capable of lifting a spell that took many years to be cast in mere seconds.
the first one flew away -> her true name is Skylark but she never used it after she became a sorceress.

Awaiting your riddle now :)

@Aaden: Close :) I like your reasoning though. Kudos to you too!

Point Score:
Nabuchodonozor I = 1pt
Monimonster = 1pt
227 = 1 pt
Szypek26 = 1 pt
Thsccks = 1 pt
Guy N'wah = 1 pt
Tanhit = 1 pt
*Tommy* = 1 pt
Chuckles = 1 pt
Quixote = 1 pt
Darksavior = 1 pt
Kinl3y = 2pts
Aaden = 2pts
Freesia = 2pts
siklara = 2 pts
feddo = 2 pts
Petra Silie = 2 pts
Blackrock = 3 pts
Lyonesse = 3 pts
Ifayra = 3 pts
Pham = 4 pts
Unkreativ = 4 pts
Ankah23 = 4 pts
gen. Nighty = 5 pts
dmcaldw = 7 pts
volsung84 = 8 pts
Arosus = 9 pts
e-ahmet = 10 pts
Cassandra31EEE = 11 pts
MisterD373 = 12 pts
Vilgefortze = 12 pts
Corylea = 12 pts
Vatt`ghern = 16 pts
Mik@`el = 17 pts
Gorthuar = 18 pts
Jack in the Green = 24 pts
56236 = 68 pts

You forgot the point score :p

I am not bright, nor am I dark.
Should you know my story, You'd make a remark.

A short and easy one ;)

Top Bottom