The lack of 3rd person view

+
It was very clear, that the game was gonna be FPS, TPP would be a bonus but wasn't a promise. I wonder, why they showed different trailers and in-game demo, which you get a TPP-conversation. (Only during the conversation would be good to see own character face)
No need to hyperbolize.

Until now, I had only read the article on PC Gamer, that's what they talk about here, isn't it? Yes it is. That's what I mean.

Do not activate or read other comments.

:)

About 3rd view, It was my preference (the option existed), but, as the first person emphasizes so much, I settled for it over the years.

On the bright side we'll get it through mods in due time. The PC crowd that is.
download (1).jpg

EDIT: The above is not intended to mean in any way shape or form that console players such as myself should not expect a good (relative to the console) experience of CP2077. Rather it is to point out that MOD's will eventually make CP2077 into a great game even if CDPR does not. That's not possible on consoles. That's my point.

Last edited:
Oh please, it's a load of bollocks. It's just simpler to go first person.

Give the option, some people are more immersed in third person and some in first person. The option is simply the best option.

I'm just stating what they've said publicly regarding their reasoning for it (please don't shoot the messenger). I would be happy with a third person option myself.

Too... who dont like?

XD
I love immersion but I was saying that CP2077 is not immersive for me (and in many ways beyond simply the view point) and I don't believe that they chose First Person Only for immersive reasons. I accepted their reasoning but after playing it, I don't believe it. If their reasoning was genuine, they failed in that department too. Then again, like so many it's very difficult for me to be immersed with first person but it has happened before.

Thing is that game is not that special in 1st person, it feels empty like every dialogue is empty totally divoided of emotion, you see NPC but you don't see V you don't see her face expression you don't see body language all that add to atmospher, big shame they decide to cut 3rd person and even throw out 3rd person cutsceens.

Exactly! After playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for months, when I started Cyberpunk the first thing I noticed was that they have been lazy about body animations. The characters' movements look quite outdated, sometimes off here and there, and the lack of 3rd person is also because of that. All those little things your character does, need to be animated one by one in order to look good. In RDR2 that is done magestically. You can almost feel the body weight of your character when you walk, run, get on and off your horse... When you take something from a top shelf, or bottom shelf, when you pick a herb and put it in your bag, all those things, each little gesture and movement are detailly animated. It's not an easy job. For Cyberpunk, I wasn't expecting that much of attention to detail, but I was expecting it would at least be better than The Witcher 3. Instead, it's not only worse but non-existent. It feels weird not seeing V reaching and grabbing an item when I'm looting things. And all those clothes, character customizations are kind of wasted. I can't really enjoy it. Plus I personally don't like experiencing an open world game in 1st person view. I don't like my weapon in my face, everything is too close up, I can't enjoy the world design. Some people may feel quite the opposite way but for me this is how it is. I still play, it's still okay, but it could have been more than just okay, it could have been great if they spent some more effort. A 3rd person view would be lovely for this game. It's a shame they did 1st person only.

Vast majority? Source of that statistic please.

7.1 for the most anticipated game ever. It's worse than the vast majority, it IS the majority. Change my mind.

The 3PS aspect of Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided worked just fine, it also allows the player to admire their character in combat.

TBH, the FPS aspect is just fine for me as well. But having the 3PS options or shifting out when going into cover or in certain situations doesn't sound bad at all.

I was aware there was not going to be a third person mode, and the excuse was it was for immersion.

But I think it's well established that immersion is not a thing in this game so that excuse falls entirely flat at this point. So while I don't expect them to add a third person mode, I hope they realize that we are well aware that entire thing about immersion was a complete lie.

So if they aren't going to add third person, the least they could do is add in the immersion they promised.

7.1 for the most anticipated game ever. It's worse than the vast majority, it IS the majority. Change my mind.
Not even arguing this here, but the way I view the metacritic userscore is the same as the Google or Steam. It's a percentage of people who thought it was fun enough to play rather than the quality of the game. Notice how Metacritic is a 7.1 or 71%, Google is a 76% and Steam is at 78%.

In other words, more people enjoyed the game or thought it was fun than thought it sucked, but still not great. New Vegas on the other hand was an 8.8 on Metacritic, 98% on Google and 96% on Steam.

they don't have much of an choice but to write in new codes to enable us to either toggle to first person mode or third person mode. they lose money if enough players return the game with an refund.

Guarentee, 3rd Person isn't a priority and likely isn't coming. They've got a choice and they'll likely stick to their design intention. Refunds aren't coming due to lack of 3rd person but for game-breaking bugs.
Frankly, if you expected 3rd-person in a game, that in 2018, they said would be primarily first-person your disappointment is misplaced. I get it, you would like 3rd-person, but it missing isn't intended and then cut content or a bug/error, it was a design decision.

Top Bottom