The lack of 3rd person view

+
It's intentional to increase immersion(n)

This is the worst line ever fed to the community by CDPR. A lot of folks might feel that way, but to me, FP games are way less immersive. For one, any kind of hand to hand combat or parkourish-type movements look like a complete cluster-F in that view. Character customization is also a joke in that perspective. Cyberpunk looks generic to me from the gameplay I've seen (still waiting for the chance to buy a Ps5). I think it would have been way more unique in third person. Obviously this is beating a dead horse at this point, but the hope is that there's less focus on FPS in the industry moving forward.

LOL the funny thing is, if the game was TPP it wouldn't be getting as much flack about the bugs, because it wouldn't b e as immersive breaking.

They could have left the 3rd person cutscenes, but it would be too sexy and they removed it. Now I get it.

well what can I say? Cdpr have said that they look up to them. They have a much longer history compared to Cdpr. And they have all the GTA installments in the world back from 97 to improve their formula in GTAV. Cyberpunk is just CDPR's 1st take and isn't even trying to be a GTA clone.

And yet they said how CP2077 will be good as RDR2 when it come out, so yeah they try to be as Rockstar why they making MP to be same as GTA/RDR2 online, RDR2 have both 1st person and 3rd person they add that option for player to pickm they even add 1st person in GTA 5, let people pick for them self what is more immersive, not force them your way [...].

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the worst line ever fed to the community by CDPR. A lot of folks might feel that way, but to me, FP games are way less immersive. For one, any kind of hand to hand combat or parkourish-type movements look like a complete cluster-F in that view. Character customization is also a joke in that perspective. Cyberpunk looks generic to me from the gameplay I've seen (still waiting for the chance to buy a Ps5). I think it would have been way more unique in third person. Obviously this is beating a dead horse at this point, but the hope is that there's less focus on FPS in the industry moving forward.
I always point to the likes of mass effect, the game was hugely immersive from a 3rd person view, I was never not emotionally connected to Shepard as well. And despite being a character with a set pre made backgrounds it still felt more mine than V does.

I still somewhat understand people's gripe with not having a dedicated 3rd person view outside of driving... But that was mostly dispelled after first launching the game. I was instantly pulled into the mirror at the beginning of the Corpo Rat and have only really been taken out by the technical issues. Thankfully they're mostly minor on my end. Here's hoping 1.05 and beyond do a lot to help people appreciate this world.

I wasn't hyped, nor did I follow cyberpunk. But when I played it, I fell in love with the game. After 15 hours of playing, however, I found it a pity that I could not see my character walking and interacting in the beautiful designed world. 3rd person would put the character customization and the clothing much more into the RPG aspect and increase the feeling of immersion for me.

Depending on the situation, everyone can then decide which perspective they like the best.

Last edited:
In my opinion they should bring 3rd person view on foot too I dont understand the game has already 3rd person on driving you can see character on bike just like 3rd person games but on foot is only first person?
And even an RPG open world game without 3rd person is nonsense why change your clothes and options like that then?

In my opinion they should bring 3rd person view on foot too I dont understand the game has already 3rd person on driving you can see character on bike just like 3rd person games but on foot is only first person?
And even an RPG open world game without 3rd person is nonsense why change your clothes and options like that then?
They said it was because of immersion, but they take out a lot of animations and actions that made the game immersive lol.

Guest 4406876

Hello! Please CDPR, add the 3rd person view option for the character into the game, for those who want to play with this other perspective, like we play in The Witcher 3, for example. Thx!
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/keztoj this is current state of third person.
As you can see it would require quite a lot of work to make it good.
Plus we knew it wasn't there from the start. At least on this they were transparent and clear.

What ? E3 2018 demo have 3rd person cutscenes it was 2 years ago, 2 years is not that long you here say, like they last time show 3rd person cutscenes in 2013.

But that is your feeling your opinion, it is not universal thing, if it was clunky for you, it is not clunky for all people.
What you say here is that since game was clunky and distracting to you, all other should not like it either.

I'm talking about ads to, the ones you see on fb, ig, twitter, those ads are in 3rd person. I don't care if you like FPP. All we were asking is an option! which they did gives us photmode at least. So chill.

The interactions with the mirror made it clear why there is no 3d person view. I'm fine with 3d person driving and switching to FPS because the chances you do get to see your character in the mirror make up for the rest of the lack of it. I'd say up the interaction with reflections maybe. I do agree that we don't want this to be GTA in the future.

The interactions with the mirror made it clear why there is no 3d person view. I'm fine with 3d person driving and switching to FPS because the chances you do get to see your character in the mirror make up for the rest of the lack of it. I'd say up the interaction with reflections maybe. I do agree that we don't want this to be GTA in the future.

Nah just like driving if you interact with the mirror you can switch. The mirror makes it pointless, because you can't brush your teeth or wash your hands lol or even go pee pee lol

I don't care if you like FPP. All we were asking is an option! which they did gives us photmode at least. So chill.

What are you talking ? i don't like 1st person i like 3rd person more, and photo mode is not that great, you character just stand there yes you can put him in some poses, but that is not same as playing game in 3rd person.

I like the first person, it looks beautiful. It was announced as a first person game long ago so I don't see why complain about it now

Personally, it doesn't bother me that a third person view is not available. Whilst it would be nice to switch between them sometimes, I feel that I am immersed quite a bit more in the first person view, and in a way having that limitation of not seeing as much adds a sense of drama and tension when things go south.

Top Bottom