The lack of 3rd person view

+
The game was actually supposed to be a first-person-only game even from the earliest gameplay trailer way back in 2018. Third person was never in the books.

While I'd like TP the FP I don't mind. You get all these neat little animations when entering a car or having a drink. You're able to appreciate the little details during key conversations. A lot of the FP scenes you get in dialogues are like paintings, very purposefully crafted with a tonne of detail and stuff to admire behind them.

For a lot of things this game botched FP isn't one of them, it's honestly done extremely well. I'll happily take FP-only if they can fix life paths and give us more stuff to do or interact with in Night City.

It wouldn't matter much if the game actually had some sort of scripted scene where V is displayed and not only in the ending.
Atm, if you want to look at yourself, use inventory menu, or that bugged mirror.

How many people complained that there wasn't a FP view in the witcher series? none, because it wasn't a FPS. This is, the entire point of the game in to keep you in FP view just like Half-Life 1/2 and all the other FPS games.

How many people complained that there wasn't a FP view in the witcher series? none, because it wasn't a FPS. This is, the entire point of the game in to keep you in FP view just like Half-Life 1/2 and all the other FPS games

Yet, CDPR said and said and said so many time this is not FPS this is RPG bla bla bla it is in FP view for immersion since is RPG, yeah sorry it is not, it have light element of RPG skill tree no dialogue choices like any RPG, there was no reason to force people in 1st person only view, nothing they said justified forcing people in just one view.

Yet, CDPR said and said and said so many time this is not FPS this is RPG bla bla bla it is in FP view for immersion since is RPG, yeah sorry it is not, it have light element of RPG skill tree no dialogue choices like any RPG, there was no reason to force people in 1st person only view, nothing they said justified forcing people in just one view.
When did RPG ever mean TP? the first elder scrolls game was an FPS rpg back in the 1990's. This game is just like the borderlands series, it has skill tree's. You can even say this game is like the system shock series, or the deus ex series or ton of other FPS game with RPG style skill tree's. RPG does not dictate the position of the camera in a video game.

A few posts deleted. We've closed many thread about this topic in the past, because they have gone into hostilities and rudeness, so it's a really badidea to fail to be disrespectful.

No insults, accusations, or personal skirmishes allowed.

i assume they will implement it in future, might be lack of time which lead to FPS implementation, but first they are focusing on fixing bugs/crashes/glitches and get the game into a very stable state.

i'm sorry CDPR, i cannot stand the game without 3rd person although i believe the game is great and so much heart and soul put in it, but im not keen to buy it now without this, there are some promising mod(s) about it, but i doubt they would get the job done perfectly as they dont have access to source code and there are too much to do in terms of animations and syncing, thus, if not implemented by CDPR themselves, then it wont good.

Upside down. The product is directed towards the customer. There is no one who has more right to criticize Cyberpunk 2077 than we, the users. At the end of the day, we are the ones who pay the salaries to the developers in exchange for something that generates interest. This game, to the vast majority of fans, generates the opposite.

Vast majority? Source of that statistic please.

When did RPG ever mean TP?

I say how CDPR said many time game is RPG and not FPS, when people said after first E3 demo that game is FPS since is in FP and it play as FPS, you alone said that game is FPS and give example of Half-life and how that's why game is in FP view.

I find it fine that there is only first person. That adds to the immersion. But maybe give players a choise?

What is considered immersive is different for different people. For me, for example, 1st person mode isn't immersive at all unless used in conjunction with VR (and thus allowing greater freedom).

And then there are people who suffer from motion sickness to varying degrees which should have been taken into account.

Letting players choose their prefered perspective would have been the way to go, but they decided against it for whatever reason. I suspect it had to do with the change of the creative lead for the project.

Since they're working on Multiplayer for the next year. I assume, they certrainly have to do real-time animation of Third-Person-Perspective.
(Similiar case with Crysis 3, no head and a stretching spastic body on the view by the modded Third-Person-Camera. Implementation of Mulitplayer came very much later.)

I'm a bit dissapointed for no Third-Person Talking like Witcher 3. Even they show the trailer from 2018. I hope, it will come soon.

Due to a camera glitch, we got a look at V in third person.. It looks.... well look for yourself.

What I'd like to point out, is V's "walking" speed... No, its not walking. Let us walk.
I don't know what the point is of this and why it matters what V looks like in 3rd person? The game was never meant to be played in that view, so obviously it will look weird, it like taking a game that is meant for 3rd person and a glitch/bug turn it to FP and people pointing out that it looks all weird, that to me is just plain stupid and bad reporting from the person that made the article. Obviously it's a bug and will be fixed.

The game was never thought of as a third person game ... nor would there be any reason to have this concern about 'how is the third person in V' ... but for the purpose of feeding haters on the internet, it serves as an eschatology or 'food' - feed hate ... feed hate, create fantasies ...

Tomorrow they will make another video that will say: 'Cyberpunk is a complete failure, there are no Pokemons'

The game was never thought of as a third person game ... nor would there be any reason to have this concern about 'how is the third person in V' ... but for the purpose of feeding haters on the internet, it serves as an eschatology or 'food' - feed hate ... feed hate, create fantasies ...

Tomorrow they will make another video that will say: 'Cyberpunk is a complete failure, there are no Pokemons'
It was very clear, that the game was gonna be FPS, TPP would be a bonus but wasn't a promise. I wonder, why they showed different trailers and in-game demo, which you get a TPP-conversation. (Only during the conversation would be good to see own character face)
No need to hyperbolize.

Top Bottom