The lack of 3rd person view

+
The point of the immersion is that it was thought to be in first perso, kicking in 3rd would alter that pretty much i belive

I played Cyberpunk and i missed TPS, so i am here to ask for it.

And here am I. Knowing what TPP will ruin in this game, how much work hours to implement PROPERLY it will take and hoping, as a customer, that they will never spend a single work hour on it. Work hour that is need to fix more pressing issues than some people having problem to get over FPS after 2 years...

Personally, I find this game too grand to limit it with just one feature. It's a game of a calibre that CDPR, or any other dev team for that matter, will not develop any time soon. It would be best to focus on extending the lasting appeal of this game to the max, and satisfy both first person, and third person lovers.

If you so much want to force players to experience the game in first person, you can always consider to let players play in first person the first playthrough, then when you complete the game, unlock third person. Win win.

"its because of immersion"

This is said about a game where you cant even sit on a bench/chair or see your own reflection.

Lets be honest, if the reason truly is because of immersion, the game would/should have been completely different as the lack of immersion in NC and its inhabitants is one of the games biggest issues.
My best guess it is because of "incompetence/whatever" and bugs regarding your character model when seen. (Your character is often broken twisted and stretched, its just that you never really see it in 1st person).

As a very strong contrast to the other video linked above, there are some videos on youtube that shows how your character actually looks when you move and look around, it is actually pretty disturbing stuff lol.

Last edited:
First off I love the game as a FPS and personally could honestly careless if it ever had TPP. But I do understand the appeal. I have dozens of play throughs of the Mass Effect Trilogy. However, as a gamer and lover of the story of Cyberpunk 2077 I wish for as many people as possible to be able to truly enjoy its story as much as possible. So.....

How about a compromise fellow gamers and CDPR?

It is very unlikely that CDPR will ever add TPP to Cyberpunk 2077 and that is their right regardless of the reasons and honestly they don't have to justify why they won't. Also, despite claims to the contrary it is in no way shape or form easy or simple to add TPP to game that was never meant to have it in the first place, period.

However, I have idea for a compromise that I haven't seen suggested yet ( I have not read ever single post on this topic ). This idea I have is very feasible for CDPR to implement and would not require much effort to do. Far less effort then what is being asked for but I think would make a lot of people less unhappy about there being no TPP.

So here is my idea. A "follow cam" of sorts for V, much like the external cam for the vehicles, which is not really a third person cam in function more of just a chase cam. That can only be activated when you are not in a hostile area and not in combat and you are pulled out of that cam if you enter a hostile area or enter combat.

I think this idea would make a lot of people happier and wouldn't require any balancing or game mechanic changes and only a few animations might need to be refined. It is also reasonably do able for CDPR and in my opinion would not impact their vision at all.

Last edited:
Personally I am fine with first-person. For me, I am disappointed that they haven't implemented better support for dynamic reflections in the environment, or at least a limited ability to see V's facial expressions and mannerisms during interactions with others. I want to go into a clothing store and see myself in the mirrors. Not smart mirrors either - just show my reflection when I walk by.

Yes, obviously performance is an issue right now, but as a developer myself with over twenty years in the industry, most of these sorts of problems exist only when someone hasn't taken a step back and asked the question "is there a different way this technical challenge could be approached?".

Why not keep a second V overlaid with the first-person V, but only rendered when temporarily switching out to a third-person camera? Have an optional third-person cam available for cut scenes. Make it available also in the same way that middle-click switches to rear-vehicle view while the button is held. Photo mode is all well and good, but it doesn't matter what you were doing when you pressed N - either you get switched to a canned "action" pose which usually doesn't really match what you were doing, or you get turned into a bowling pin with a dead-eye straight-ahead stare. How about letting me just see V standing there in the street casually glancing around and shuffling her feet a little, maybe with mild reactions to the things happening around her?

For me, immersion is "V is me", which makes sense from a first-person sense, but not if I have almost no freedom to look at myself or to build a connection between my face/body and my interactions with the rest of the world, as I would do if I could walk past mirrors or reflective windows and get visual confirmation that I am really here, doing this thing.

FROM THE BEGINNING they said it wasnt going to have a third person view.
I guess that depends on what beginning you're talking about. If you're talking about several years after the game was announced and it was announced CP2077 would be exclusively first person, then yeah I guess from that beginning its true.

"CP2077 is going to be exclusively first person, yeah I'm as surprised as you but my Polish masters have a very good reason for doing this and they're betting more than anyone on this choice." - Paraphrased mod quote from not so long ago.

How did that bet turn out? How did the "we know what gamers want" bet turn out?

Lets see if their arrogance continues.

It made me more annoyed about this shit when the endings were shown to be in third person. I know they're cutscenes so it's a lot easier to render,but still. It seemed completely out of place to see my own character talking in third person given that I have been a passenger in his head for this long and all but gotten used to it.

I don't think CD Projekt Red will put a third person camera into this so I hope that a 3rd person camera mod is created, though I doubt it will function properly outside of combat because the character has no lip sync and it would be a monumental effort for someone to mod that in.

It's intentional to increase immersion but I'd prefer it. I think the game would have more comparisons to GTA which is what they're trying to avoid but I guess it's bound to happen so why not. Look at Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row and the Yakuza series.
i would like 3rd person but with how the combat on top of the fact that the game is early alpha level polish I think 3rd person anything besides cars would be a mess.
EDIT; even without the broken side of things with how the controls, gameplay, combat etc.. just wouldn't work with this game

My favourite about this is it ISN'T TPP The consoles spawned this horrible view because of lack of precision of game pads. I watched legendary FPS like Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6 ruined forever by ending up on console never to be a true FPS again(Okay Siege finally brought R6 back but it's just another PVP shooter) It took me forever and dozens of starts to get into TW2 and no matter how hard I tried I have never gotten past the first Tavern in TW3 before the clunky TPP view feels just horrible on M/KB because it was designed for clumsy gamepads...

CP2077 is MY Witcher, no clumsy view, clumsy combat(Okay melee is won't lie) But I have guns a plenty, scopes I can look down, Stealth really matters because there no fake "eye in the sky" over your shoulder. I've waited years for this all the while knowing I was finally gonna get a CDPR that I couldn't wait to play! :love:

Gunplay can be great in 3rd person games to, melee would be much better in 3rd person, and yes CDPR maybe never going to add 3rd person but with all the problem they have, who knows maybe this is last game from them.

Shame they limited game to 1st person only, when windows in city don't show your reflection as they say it would, and how that is one of the ways to see your character, mirrors also need to be activated to show your character, reason they need to load head to your character.

I like 3rd person much more and i waited to see if CP2077 really going to be so different then all other 1st person games, sadly it is not, same 1st person game as all other nothing new nothing groundbreaking.

What more it is devoid of emotions since you don't see your V in cutscenes, you don't see her emotion her face, all that add so much to immersion.

What more it is devoid of emotions since you don't see your V in cutscenes, you don't see her emotion her face, all that add so much to immersion.
TPP and immersion are quite polar opposites having a flying camera over your shoulder is no way "immersive" Seeing the game as tho through your own eyes as it would be is what immersive is, much like VR is the next step of that immersion. You are never gonna see a TPP VR game well because?....

Last edited:
TPP and immersion are quite polar opposites having a flying camera over your shoulder is no wat "immersive" Seeing the game as tho through your own eyes as it would be is what immersive is

But you don't see game through your own eyes, 1st person is not human view, in real life you see many things with your eyes that in 1st person don't exist, how much some one can immerse them self in game also depend a lot from people to people, to see your character in 3rd person with all his gear and how he move react, his body language during dialogues his facial expressions, for many all that immerse them in to the game much much more, it is ok if you don't like 3rd person, but don't force your opinion about that to others.

Example when Vic say to V she is going to die, if you can see V facial expression it would be much more sad and emotional moment.

But you don't see game through your own eyes, 1st person is not human view, in real life you see many things with your eyes that in 1st person don't exist, how much some one can immerse them self in game also depend a lot from people to people, to see your character in 3rd person with all his gear and how he move react, his body language during dialogues his facial expressions, for many all that immerse them in to the game much much more, it is ok if you don't like 3rd person, but don't force your opinion about that to others.

Example when Vic say to V she is going to die, if you can see V facial expression it would be much more sad and emotional moment.
you spend 90% of your time staring at the back of your head...Immersive indeed...Just please don't equate TPP with immersion,,,

I trusted CDPR with the reasoning that even if 1st person only, we would see our character in many occasions. Well, nope. You never, ever see your character in any conversations or cutscenes. There is no 3rd person while in cover and it doesn't make any sense to customize even your teeth and your penis just to find out that it really doesn't matter at all.
Post automatically merged:

This is fair. I prefer 3rd person, but this is how the game is, so go with it.

I'd expect the game's first-person view to be so central to the design that 'adding 3rd person' is beyond practicable. The odds of it coming is close to zero in my opinion.

The mod is on the way. All of you who prefer 1st person and want to enforce that on others will have to cry a lot over it. Who knows if it will finally be a thing (officially I mean). This game has serious concept issues and 1st person perspective is one of them.

(4) Cyberpunk 2077 - 3rd person - YouTube

The mod is on the way. All of you who prefer 1st person and want to enforce that on others will have to cry a lot over it. Who knows if it will finally be a thing (officially I mean). This game has serious concept issues and 1st person perspective is one of them.

Thanks for sharing :) but that mod would also need to give V a proper movement animation.
The way V walks in the video is really weird.

Wich view is more immersive is totally up to each one.

Both fp and tp are artifacts create to emulate reality, neither is perfect and wich one is better is 100% subjective.

For me in real life I don't see anything close to a fpp, you are more aware of all around, becuse you can rotate independently your eyes, neck, waist... So for me, while tpp is also a big artifact is Como close of how Im capable of perceive the word than fpp.

Then from a pure game perspective, while I agree that fpp is usually better for shooting combat, tpp is way better for melee combat, and the game can have a lot of it. Many games allow you to change the camera to suit your tastes or your gaming. For example I usually play fallout in tpp 90% of the time, but I change to fpp when I enter a heavy shooting combat.

Last, but more important for my is the lack of third person in cutscenes, without facial and body expresión of your character they throw away most of the emotional component of the narrative.

I trusted CDPR with the reasoning that even if 1st person only, we would see our character in many occasions. Well, nope. You never, ever see your character in any conversations or cutscenes. There is no 3rd person while in cover and it doesn't make any sense to customize even your teeth and your penis just to find out that it really doesn't matter at all.
Post automatically merged:

You're crying for 2 years now. Maybe it's time to stop? Not everything has to be TPP because you said so.

Well, third person view could be activated relatively quickly, it is already in the game and is called "drone" in photo mode.

Top Bottom