The lack of a taxi system is very disappointing ...

+
The city itself is beautiful, each district is artistically unique. I love driving around town aimlessly. It is a pity that I cannot observe the city and its inhabitants from the perspective of a taxi passenger.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I`m fine with that. Can imagine sitting in a cab for 20 minutes knowing how fast the traffic is... It also has a tendency to completely jam as there is no AI system which can take over or reroute over obstacles.

What is missing in a car system is having people who actually park their cars at parking spots, get in and out etc. All of them are just driving for hours.

There are few sections where you can ride as passenger in NPC car and I always used that option when it was available. I enjoyed the city but there's so much of everything that I appreciated the opportunity for in-game down time too, to absorb everything.

What is missing in a car system is having people who actually park their cars at parking spots, get in and out etc. All of them are just driving for hours.
There's RedCab and Battle Cabb in game. How about if taxis picked up and left passengers off in certain spots?

Empty parking space is what I appreciate in City Center and Watson. I was also thinking if NPC cars would enter and exit from those big parking garages, but there's a problem with what to do with NPC character then, if player followed those cars.

Edit: Perhaps have NPC cars letting passengers out from car near night clubs at certain times.

Problems I see in general are:
If NPC cars can navigate back into traffic (look for opening or NPC cars give them way, well it's Night City, nobody would)
NPC cars to reaction to player vehicle, in case V uses that spot, what NPC cars should and could do? Have them circling around the block?

Last edited:
The taxis all went crazy, ask Delamain...
Post automatically merged:

Its 20 70 fuckin 7. No reason why my own car can't have a taxi mode.

LOL. Do you really want to put your car in self driving mode and then just stop dead after 100 meters because the AI is so broken that another car just stopped in the middle of the road for no reason, and your fancy taxi car has no idea how to drive around it? :D

When If they fix the traffic though, private taxis and autodrive in our cars would be frickin' awesome.

And in pacman you could eat cookies for free. Cool story bro.
First of all in Pac Man you cannot eat cookies but dots, large flashing dots called "Power Pellets" and some cherries from time to time. Your comparition is ridiculous.

GTA is closest to what I can compare CP with (I would like to compare it to Saints Row or Watch Dogs but I didn't play those two). There is functioning taxi system, you can speak with a driver and there are no fast travel points. It makes it immersive.
In CP 2077 there is no driver AI, all rides with NPCs are scripted. Event if one owns Delamain, it isn't able to drive on its own as you could expect AI cab service...

You character can have a dozen vehicles and there are dozens of fast travel locations as well as hundreds of posts about this.

Another example of the laziness of this game. They could at least have made it so the player can't fast travel at the beginning or implemented some travel animation like RDR2, but that would take time and resources I guess, let's just let the player do whatever and throw immersion out the window.

Everything contributing to the overall sense of immersion is always welcome. Taking a taxi from time to time, just to enjoy the scenery on a rainy day without having to watch the minimap while evading other cars and pedestrians (and usually failing miserably at it)... ? Count me in.

There is code in the game that drives just fine. They use it when you are driven by the NPCs for fairly long distances in fact (such as Delamain, Judy, Panam, Goro Takemura to name a few ).

I watched Takemura driving very carefully in fact as I was trying to see if he steered all the way left and right as the player must, he stopped for pedestrians, lights and maneuvered his car into a parking space and did a great job at it.

I do not buy they did not have taxies nor self driving cars BECASUE the game code could not handle it.
There was some other reason.

There is code in the game that drives just fine. They use it when you are driven by the NPCs for fairly long distances in fact (such as Delamain, Judy, Panam, Goro Takemura to name a few ).

I watched Takemura driving very carefully in fact as I was trying to see if he steered all the way left and right as the player must, he stopped for pedestrians, lights and maneuvered his car into a parking space and did a great job at it.

I do not buy they did not have taxies nor self driving cars BECASUE the game code could not handle it.
There was some other reason.
I think that routes are scripted and they react only to some obstacles. Not always because I saw, as passenger, River going through other vehicles/NPCs.

Last edited:
I think that routes are scripted and they react only to some obstacles. Not always because I saw, as passenger, River going through other vehicles/NPCs.

I do not think they are "scripted"; I think the npc/car are told in a script to go to the next marker location. This is based on my years of making mods in games but I do not delude myself into thinking I am a expert coder. So lets say they are scripted, ok then you can just script the taxi service...

Last edited:
Well... watchdogs legion had an auto drive function that worked pretty well and I enjoyed using it.

The car AI in this game is far from acceptable, for example cars stop randomly in the middle of the road for no reason whatsoever and disappear the moment you turn your head around.... And to get around this, during passenger cutscenes you can clearly see that the collision model and physics has been turned off .

So yeah.. I think autodrive or 'taxi' won't happen in this game.

Top Bottom