The lack of mirrors and reflections.

+
I think I understand the lack of mirrors and reflections for V. After seeing the weird animations for V in the Third-Party-Perspective mod. CDPR knew that people would pose in front of mirrors and window panels with their weapons and people would see the weird distorted model/animations, so because they didn't have time to fix the animation, they changed it so V can't look in a mirror (except where they allow it and it's a fixed pose) or see reflection in windows.

It would not even surprise me if this was the reason for the last 2 week delay. As that seems just enough time to put in fake mirrors in all the bathrooms in the game.

Member when CDPR advertised first person as this super immersive thing and how you could look at your character through reflective surfaces?

Well I member.
They cut it out because the player model is a broken monstrosity.

Yeah. They cut 3rd person mode. And to do reflections, is making 3rd person mode. The mirrors are a cut scene.

It’s even better when you have rtx with RT reflections that reflects everything and everyone besides V, immersion breaking at it finest :(
The funniest is when you are carrying someone, if you look at the reflection the guy is just floating in the air in a weir position...

But yeah, that is a HUGE misstep in my opinion, much bigger than most people realize.
There is an issue of immersion in this game, and most people accuse the 1st person camera (instead of 3rd person).
I actually do believe that the game would have been way more immersive had the player been able to see himself in reflections and such. Instead of that, everytime I don't see my reflection, I feel like a floating camera

The funniest is when you are carrying someone, if you look at the reflection the guy is just floating in the air in a weir position...

But yeah, that is a HUGE misstep in my opinion, much bigger than most people realize.
There is an issue of immersion in this game, and most people accuse the 1st person camera (instead of 3rd person).
I actually do believe that the game would have been way more immersive had the player been able to see himself in reflections and such. Instead of that, everytime I don't see my reflection, I feel like a floating camera
Doesn't help that they have a lens flare option in the settings. Eye balls are not camera lenses.

It’s even better when you have rtx with RT reflections that reflects everything and everyone besides V, immersion breaking at it finest :(

It's actually super immersive. The stolen Arasaka biochip turns V into one of those corpo vampires the conspiracy theorists talk about, that's why you don't cast a reflection.

xlawx

Forum regular
I dont have a latest High-End graphic card yet, but I saw one video that you can see your reflection in a car's widow. You will see ur body but no head.

Top Bottom