The Last of Us, Part II

+
Saw the entire script. What a cockslap in the face for fans of the first game.

It would be nice if this game threw up a bigger shitstorm than Mass Effect Andromeda and Fallout 76.

Maybe these companies can figure out what their consumers want. Doubt it, though. Until then I guess people should enjoy two-dimensional characters that’s defining characteristic exists so some exec can make a check on a list.

Canceled my preorder after i saw the leeks. Absolutely disgraceful what they did. Part 1 was such a great game and judging by the leeks part 2 was completely masscared. And i certainly won't give them money and therefore support them just to see the "whole picture". Voting with your wallet has always been the most effective way to show your protest, so that's what I will be doing.

I never owned a PlayStation, hence never played TLOU, but I've beat in on YouTube, so I can say a couple of things.

When I first saw that trailer from Paris Game Weeks from 2017 (the one with hanging scene, raining, at night), I was... actually pretty shocked. Now, I am not faint-hearted, I can take some unreasonable digital violence, I had lots of fun in POSTAL game series (not POSTAL III for sure, never touching that), Hotline Miami and, well, in general don't have anything against digital violence. And even I felt like it was just... unnecessary and stupid. It is fine in some cases, either when it is justified or when the game is kinda built upon that. It fits POSTAL, Hotline Miami because that's what thy are about - violence.

Does anyone here remember HATRED? That's a game extremely similar to POSTAL in style and it is about wandering about killing innocent people, too, but that felt terrible because it was just for the sake of it. The Postal Dude, at the very least, was supposed to be a message to people - a real person in a real world committing real crimes is not as funny as crushing people in Carmageddon. Wasn't sent all that clearly, but oh well. Hotline Miami is just arcade violence, it doesn't feel like a big deal anyway.

But that TLOU 2 trailer and the recent leaks... That is just tastelessly dark and cruel. Like a fanfiction power fantasy done wrong on all levels possible. It may be justifiable story-wise, I guess, but it does feel out of place.

Can't imagine what the fans are feeling right now, though. My condolences, my dudes and dudesses, I feel you. Well, at least a bit - POSTAL III was not massacred by its original creators though.

I have no idea what has turned so many people against this, and frankly don't want to know, but all this rage against this and all the people claiming they will boycott this means all I have to do is wait a couple of weeks and scoop this up in one of the desperation sales that will inevitably happen. I actually really am into this for the combat...no matter what the controversy is, the combat gameplay still looks tight. (y)

I've played Last of Us few years ago. I think it is the most overrated game i've seen in my entire life. People always tell it has a good story. The way that tells the story is good but it is nothing more than a standart. Especially at the first half of game Ellie and Joe are like enemies and suddenly few month pass and they are pals now. What kind of progression was that. Why the hell did i play the first half if am not gonna see relationship progress between 2 main characters gradually? Yeah it has cool OST and atmosphere but combats and mechanics are too repetitive that only thing you do is playin the same thing over and over in different places. Hiding and slowly cleaning the area is all you do when facing zombies. As a natural result of being a Playstation exclusive, it has definitely good technical side but it is not even close to be God of War, Witcher 3 and Persona 5 imo. Now i am pretty happy about this leakage of Last of Us II plot. This [...] just postpone the release because of getting worried about few special edition sales even though game was finished and nearly 95% of the players buy it online.
Now i am too happy they get what they deserve. I am not gonna buy Last of Us II for sure.

Edited. -Draconifors

If that's really the case then I wonder what kind of legal action Sony will take against these people. I mean i can see possible jail time in their future.

Did not see any spoilers but I have to ask - how reliable are they?
The only reliable stuff that leaked was a bunch of story clips, some of them are pretty heavy twists, and a chapter list in a form of screenshot. Any text that's floating around is speculation and guessing, so info in them isn't confirmed. If you heard the entire story has leaked - it's simply not true.

New trailer, by the way:

Looks amazing. It's gonna be a special game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the spoilers and I wont be getting it on launch day. I'll see how its reviwed cause it sounds like they really dont know how to treat their fanbase. I loved the first one that's exactly the reason I give them a benefit of the doubt but no preorder from me. It looks good but if the story is the way it is I'll pass.

in 10 minutes.

Over the course of this nearly 25 minute episode, Neil Druckmann, Director of The Last of Us Part II, will provide an extensive look at the gameplay, threats, and world of the game ahead of its release on 19th June on PS4. To cap it all off, he’ll introduce a never-before-seen extended gameplay sequence to close out the show. There won’t be any PS5 news or updates in this episode, JUST A DEEP DIVE into the world of The Last of Us Part II.

Deep dive? Ok, we know it'll be edited as shit and we won't be able to understand what we need. :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: this video is the clear explanation why I'm happy CDPR went for FPP: after you've played TLOU2 or RDR2, you can't appreciate old TPP animations anymore.

Last edited:
Even i liked the gameplay in general, AI seems scrappy tbh. The fellas are just waiting exposed, not taking cover until you shoot them in the head. Yeah animations are clear, graphics are good etc. But all these things come with new generation anyway. Alsoy we already know exclusive PS4 games are technically superior than all-platforms. So this doesnt excite me that much.

This game should have offered more. One of the biggest problem of the first game was repetitiveness. Game was enclosing you in some space and enemies are wandering around. I am scared we are gonna do same stuff over and over again. I didn't see difference between this one and first gameplay trailer we got last year.

The last presentation confirmed TLOU2's spot on my June's shopping list. Of course the game will have flaws but the world looks so competting to dive into. Can't wait!

Mine as soon as Sony explains if I need to buy it again on PS5 or if we'll have a smart delivery. In the first case, I won't buy it now, ofc.

The last presentation confirmed TLOU2's spot on my June's shopping list. Of course the game will have flaws but the world looks so competting to dive into. Can't wait!

I saw 10 seconds of the last video and decided I was buying it. Then went looking for my old TLOU saves to finally finish it.

I can't get into post apocalyptic zombie territory, even when it's well written. I might try the original one of these days since I have a PS3, but such a cinematic heavy experience is also a problem for me. Their games look like gameplay comes second.

Personally, I found LOU to have the best mixture of gameplay and cinema experience. It's also deeper, gameplay wise than you might think, as you can do things that you didn't think that you could do...if you watch videos of other people playing.

Top Bottom