The Last of Us, Part II

+
I can't get into post apocalyptic zombie territory, even when it's well written. I might try the original one of these days since I have a PS3, but such a cinematic heavy experience is also a problem for me. Their games look like gameplay comes second.

Garrison72;n7156870 said:
I can't get into post apocalyptic zombie territory, even when it's well written. I might try the original one of these days since I have a PS3, but such a cinematic heavy experience is also a problem for me. Their games look like gameplay comes second.

The first one is arguably the best story I've ever experienced in video game format. The gameplay is quite fun in my opinion. There's even somewhat of a character progression system, which is unusual for naughty dog games. And it's not ridiculously over combat-y like Uncharted. I mean, sure there is a lot of it ... it's a video game, but it's really quite solid. http://www.gamesradar.com/the-last-of-us-review/ It might be a little over the top, but the game isn't just a great story, it has a very solid stealth system and complex areas to try an navigate through. It is ultimately linear, but it doesn't feel all that linear most of the time (with a few exceptions). It's definitely not open world, and it's definitely not an RPG with a Choice & Consequence system. But it isn't trying to be. It affecting and intense to play. It's quite well done.

My biggest worry for this one is that it won't live up to the first. But even if it's just basically the same thing with a different and similar quality story ... I'll be happy.

Garrison72;n7171430 said:
Well I ordered the first one for PS3. Going out on a limb here...

I don't think you'll regret it. If you do, I'll eat some brussel sprouts (which I hate) in recognition of my misleading you.

The first one is arguably the best story I've ever experienced in video game format. The gameplay is quite fun in my opinion. There's even somewhat of a character progression system, which is unusual for naughty dog games. And it's not ridiculously over combat-y like Uncharted. I mean, sure there is a lot of it ... it's a video game, but it's really quite solid. http://www.gamesradar.com/the-last-of-us-review/ It might be a little over the top, but the game isn't just a great story, it has a very solid stealth system and complex areas to try an navigate through. It is ultimately linear, but it doesn't feel all that linear most of the time (with a few exceptions). It's definitely not open world, and it's definitely not an RPG with a Choice & Consequence system. But it isn't trying to be. It affecting and intense to play. It's quite well done.

My biggest worry for this one is that it won't live up to the first. But even if it's just basically the same thing with a different and similar quality story ... I'll be happy.

While I've actually played very little of it, I've watched a lot of gameplay. I will say hats off to the story and characters. I can't remember a single part that wasn't interesting. I also love how they manage to create some decent gameplay and shooting mechanics without ever sacrificing the cinematic feel of the game.

It's really a great achievement. I'm happy they took their time to do a sequel. It deserves it.

As I wrote a couple of weeks ago on this forum (in some post impossible to find with the search function :shrug:) :

FYI, you have not wrote about the Twitter post before, nor did you mention "The Last of Us", according to the search results.

FYI, you have not wrote about the Twitter post before, nor did you mention "The Last of Us", according to the search results.
I'm sure I wrote about new info regarding TLOU2 coming at the end of the month (not twitter)... :think: unless I wrote it and then didn't post it because my connection is not stable and I get disconnected quite often, so I can't post and then I'm too lazy to write it again. Which has happened several times already. Anyway, not really important. :shrug: The important thing is that we'll get to know more of the game (probably on the 26th and not 24th). :)

So the real debate is whether to get it on the PS4 Pro when it releases...or wait for the PS5 collected edition...Decisions Decisions.

Did you enjoy the game, or will Rawls be forced to eat Brussel Sprouts?
eyes.gif

Top Bottom