The Last Wish? Makes no sense!!!!!!

+
The Last Wish? Makes no sense!!!!!!

The last wish when you capture a gin and you can ask anything from him, instead of asking it to stop the wild hunt or the white frost or to find ciri, hell even ask to be fertile again and bring kids of your own, instead asking to cancel the magic bond was stupid! And selfish, didnt make much sense.

Well i i know its just a game but still..

hehe yeah there are many logical plot holes pretty much like all fiction, dont look too much into it, usually plot holes are just mishaps in reasoning/judgment others they are there so that a branching story can be created.
lets start a game! however responds to this thread must end with a question about lore/story plot holes they find. >_<

--> why do we need silver swords vs monsters and not humans? humans are also conjunction creatures.

The last wish when you capture a gin and you can ask anything from him, instead of asking it to stop the wild hunt or the white frost or to find ciri, hell even ask to be fertile again and bring kids of your own, instead asking to cancel the magic bond was stupid! And selfish, didnt make much sense.

Wow there, I don't think you remember how mischievous Jinns are. By asking anything big (like, "stopping the wild hunt", or "hiding Ciri", or something), the Djinn WILL find a way to grant the wish in the most terrible way possible, I don't know how you missed this while walking on the boat that has been teleported to the top of a mountain, but well...^^ Like for instance if you asked him to stop the Wild Hunt he could very well, I don't know, kill Ciri so that they stop coming for her, see what I mean? Yennefer herself makes a point about how dangerous it is to use a Djinn for big issues like these.

As if the wild hunt would just let the jinn stop them. They have numerous mages at their disposal and are basically fighting for the survival of their race (from their POV). Can't see how asking a jinn to stop them is logical.

They don't control the djinni. Something about its previous master dying before he could use his three wishes, so they can't bind it to give them three of their own.

They don't actually make a wish. They capture the djinni against its will and then tell them they will release it if it undoes the previous djinni's magic.

As other mentioned, Djinn grants wishes with the twisted results.. so you have to ask something that is not possible to twist.. in the book, Geralt asked to link their lives together not just to be in love with Yen forever, but also to save her life,and prevent Djinn from killing her... so wishing something like to "stop Wild Hunt" would most definitely backfire.. for example he would make them stop for a second, which would still fulfill the wish... removing the bond was the right choice there...

They captured it but they were not in control of it, so they could not ask it any wishes.

Top Bottom