The last wish

+
The last wish

Just had a nice discussion about this quest and while we were talking, we came up with a... strange fact.
Okay. We have Yennefer and Geralt, searching for a D'Jinni. They find him and have a free wish. A D'Jinni can fulfill all wishes. Complex and very amazing things. Things that are impossible even for magicans etc.
Let's get this straight:
Their daughter is missed, the wild hunt is all around and dnagerous, there is a war, magicans and nonhumans are hunted and brutally killed... and they both wish to end some kind of "game-lore"-relationship-bound between them?

Not a single thought about what can you do for the world, or for her freaking daughter who is in danger. The game tells so often, that both Yennefer and Geralt would do anything for Ciri. Absolutly anything to save her... but using a D'Jinni wish is not a part of it ;)

I knooooooow it would not possible cause mainstory and stuff, and this is just a "romance-LI" side quest. But... I think this was not the best idea, and it seems like a lack of originality. I know it just symbolize the relationship from Yennefer and Geralt a bit better to the people who only played the games or only played the third game. But after overthinking it, it makes me wonder ;)

PS: Same counts for O'Dimm. Geralt can wish something from such a mighty person and the options are... for a gamer in the agme are good (food, money etc.) but for the whole story a bit under the top.
Same counts for the thing, that Gaunter can't do anything about Ciri (okay, he gives you tipps that she comes back for you...)
But this fact can be explained, cause Geralt is clever and don't want any "side-thing" of a O'Dimm wish ;)

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Deemonef;n10275842 said:
Their daughter is missed, the wild hunt is all around and dnagerous, there is a war, magicans and nonhumans are hunted and brutally killed...

...and Geralt's gwent deck is still missing some cards. :p

Anyway, not much to add to what you said already, this topic (and all other romance-related) has been dissected and discussed to death. In short - you're right, her wish doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you consider circumstances (in truth, neither of them should even question the authenticity of their feelings in the first place, but here we are).
I enjoy playing this quest because of their banter, book-references and its ending. Don't overthink it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3847602

Riven-Twain;n10278572 said:
Clearly, a wasted wish. He could've completed his collection.

His card collection seems like the obvious choice, but maybe he didn't want to risk having the Djinn twist his words and give him the cards of Vesna Hood, Triss, Shani, Gossip girl... I would not want to find myself alone with Yen on top of the mountain in that case. :)

ooodrin;n10279302 said:
he didn't want to risk having the Djinn twist his words and give him the cards of Vesna Hood, Triss, Shani, Gossip girl... I would not want to find myself alone with Yen on top of the mountain in that case.
Ay, indeed, 'twould be rather a. . . precariously delicate position. One must always be careful.

Yen: 'What did you wish for?'
Geralt: 'A complete deck of cards: Was missing a few.'
Yen: 'Indeed? Let's see them, then.'
Geralt: 'Why not? A round of Gwent ought to set me straight. . . .'

I leave the rest to your imaginations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom