The Last Wish

+
The Last Wish

I ordered the euro copy via ebay yesterday...I hope its as good as the gameAnyone else read it? (thats prolly a stupid question) :angel:

in terms of story, books are xx times richer and intense then the game. i cant imagine any fan of fantasy being disappointed with them. if translation from Polish (i'm Polish) is well done, books in other languages must be great.

The Last Wish is a collection of short stories. Some people love them, and others have voiced disappointment about them; I'm told that the best stuff is in the novels. We're still waiting for the novels to be translated, though.

As Corylea said, the novel is a collection of short stories. They are good, no doubt, but alone they'd feel a little awkrad.What I really loved about the english version was the way one short story was used as the framework for the others.Not sure if that is jsut in the english version, or if that was the original state. But that framework makes the novel very interesting! ;D

I just bought The Last Wish. I'm half way through. I have really enjoyed the book so far, and would highly recommend it to give you more insite into Geralt, and the world in general.

I'm halfway through as well. So far the stories have a long build-up leading to a short climax, but that may just be my opinion. I'll reserve my judgment of Sapkowski's work until I get my hands on the novels.

well i just finished reading blood of elves, and absolutely loved it. Now i am sulking because i have to wait a year for the next one *pout*

mine turned up mid morning - and I pounced on it, lol. I hope yours shows up tomorrow! *crosses fingers for ya*

I read this book and it was great, but the second book is better!Are some german guys and girls in this forum?

Hey Diegojim, we are herehttp://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14652.3555 :beer:Come and visit us for lots of fun ;D

Top Bottom