The latest meta report on the current state of Gwent from Team Leviathan Gaming

+
Here is Team Leviathan Gaming's latest meta report:

It is an excellent report with detailed analysis.

Guest 4368268

Hmm, last season I thought their choice of SY cache as tier 1 (especially when they put it as the sole tier 1 list) was very dubious and now I feel the same about their SK pick. I'd say Symbiosis ST has more right to the tier 1 spot than SK Warriors does. On top of that ST is highly favorable in games against Skellige. NR is of course the undisputed top dog right now.

I understand they don't put Uprising NR in tier 1 too as it's essentially a carbon copy of shieldwall just minus Seltkirk and adding Bloody Baron. Monsters and Nilfgaard are in a very, very bad shape. It doesn't take much to breath new life into factions and a handful of buffs can actually do the trick for now and I understand that's exactly what they're doing next patch, at least as far as Nilfgaard goes.

Syndicate is strong as a concept and has some great cards but their strongest leader (cache) and the deck that comes with it are too vulnerable because of how much it relies on Passiflora. There's disruption for days in the meta and cache plays into it hard. It's not greedy enough to beat NR and it's greedy enough to provide fodder for SK, ST and even Nilfgaard.

DRK3

Forum veteran
It took me quite a few beatings from Symbiosis players to stop underestimating them. I guess it was a matter of optimization, on the first few days of the patch the Symbiosis players still hadnt figured it out and were easy to beat, then guides and streamers came and suddenly they're a force to be reckoned with, i can only beat them with powerful decks or good matchups now.

SK is still top tier after all these attempts at balancing. Really makes one realize how ridiculously broken they were post-MM.

ya1

Forum regular
As always great report. Some things you see and say whaaat but then you think about it and it becomes clear that it's meta-driven decisions. Like double pingy boats in SK (for the shields) or Ida the elf screwing with Council into Schirru (for the NR defender which is auto-win when unanswered).

Funny how the only good NG leader is the new Tactical, and it's only good for a "niche" deck. Reddit-driven balancing based on dogmas instead of real balance between factions and decks.

Last edited:
For me sy with hiden Cache, passiflora and phillipa its tier 1.

In fact, nowadays, i dunno how to win that deck. I always lose to that.

Even The tier 1 sk warriors and NR shield i can win, but hiden Cache for me its impossible

DRK3

Forum veteran
For me sy with hiden Cache, passiflora and phillipa its tier 1.

In fact, nowadays, i dunno how to win that deck. I always lose to that.

Even The tier 1 sk warriors and NR shield i can win, but hiden Cache for me its impossible

I also have a lot of trouble with SY Hidden Cache, luckily i havent seen much of them this month.

But to beat them, 1st you definitely need bomb heaver to destroy scenario. The latest ones ive seen didnt use defender, confident on their spam engines strategy, but if they do have, you need to instantly deal with the scarabs, with Myrggtabrakke, Lambert swordmaster, kalkstein, etc.
Also, a lot of 4/5dmg specials help to deal with all the seductresses and peaches as soon as they are played, and one tall punish for Saul.
It's not necessary, but seizing/banishing their redanian ship R1 helps stop their pushing power on R2, since they always try to push R2 because of their leader ability.
Finally, some purifies (one is usually enough) to deal with poisons, specially if you are running tall units.

Their strategy is usually trying to win R1 with lots of coins in bank, do not let that happen at any cost or they will start R2 in a great position.

I also have a lot of trouble with SY Hidden Cache, luckily i havent seen much of them this month.

But to beat them, 1st you definitely need bomb heaver to destroy scenario. The latest ones ive seen didnt use defender, confident on their spam engines strategy, but if they do have, you need to instantly deal with the scarabs, with Myrggtabrakke, Lambert swordmaster, kalkstein, etc.
Also, a lot of 4/5dmg specials help to deal with all the seductresses and peaches as soon as they are played, and one tall punish for Saul.
It's not necessary, but seizing/banishing their redanian ship R1 helps stop their pushing power on R2, since they always try to push R2 because of their leader ability.
Finally, some purifies (one is usually enough) to deal with poisons, specially if you are running tall units.

Their strategy is usually trying to win R1 with lots of coins in bank, do not let that happen at any cost or they will start R2 in a great position.
Well, The Last time i played i destroyed The scenario and Even in that way i lose.

Using shield wall, destroyed The scenario and that was not enought.

I talking this its seems i am noob, but its not that, i only cant win that shit.

Untill The rupture nerfed i have a good ritual ursine deck thats always wins agaist hidden cache (in fact it was a really good deck agaist all The factions).

Now i cant see a way to win HC (Maybe sk warriors, but I hate that deck).

Your tips are really good, but If you see its a lot of things i need to do and i Will make a deck only to win agaist HC.

But well, in The next seasonal i Will spend my rps and make a HC deck, só Maybe in mirror matches i can win

It took me quite a few beatings from Symbiosis players to stop underestimating them. I guess it was a matter of optimization, on the first few days of the patch the Symbiosis players still hadnt figured it out and were easy to beat, then guides and streamers came and suddenly they're a force to be reckoned with, i can only beat them with powerful decks or good matchups now.

Yeah they're quite good, I managed to get some easy wins with an almost unitless Keltullis deck... :coolstory:
...always going for R1 win and if I can eat my Golyat on R2 I do it so I can get his best card drawn in. :D
Got a Saskia twice and Sheldon once (the one that dmges a unit by the amount he's boosted), it's always so funny going "Golyat fishing" ! :ohstopit:

NG was my favorite faction but now it's completely dead. The new leader abilities are completely useless. Best way to save NG is to change the leaders, Imprisonment should be changed to something has synergy with spies.
Order: give an enemy unit spying and damage it by 2 Charge: 4.
Remove that useless lock thing.

#SaveNilfgaard

I always hated SC, i thought it was The worst faction.

In this seasonal i decide to made a symbiosis deck and made One devotion deck (i almost dont create devotion decks) and went to rank 1 with that deck.

Symbiosis can be real good, with only 3 or 4 cards in The Last round you can put a lot of points (and inflict some damages, aswell)

Just really disappointed in CDPR based on this report.

The win rate for NG is abysmal, yet NG got the MAJOR nerfs, while SK and NR reign supreme.

It's not like CDPR doesn't have this data, so it's just horrible decision-making on their part.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, The Last time i played i destroyed The scenario and Even in that way i lose.

I talking this its seems i am noob, but its not that, i only cant win that shit.

Untill The rupture nerfed i have a good ritual ursine deck thats always wins agaist hidden cache (in fact it was a really good deck agaist all The factions).

Now i cant see a way to win HC (Maybe sk warriors, but I hate that deck).

Your tips are really good, but If you see its a lot of things i need to do and i Will make a deck only to win agaist HC.

But well, in The next seasonal i Will spend my rps and make a HC deck, só Maybe in mirror matches i can win

True, but not all the points i gave you are essential to beat HC Passiflora, the only really important one is destroying the scenario.

Hidden Cache is a spam boost engines deck, combined with a bit of poison and a dangerous Philippa seize. If you somehow are using an engine deck that outpoints them, then shutting down their engines is not so important. Also, a Yrden can be a gamewinner vs Passiflora.

So you see, there are multiple ways to beat it, you dont necessarily need a hard tech deck to win against it.

True, but not all the points i gave you are essential to beat HC Passiflora, the only really important one is destroying the scenario.

Hidden Cache is a spam boost engines deck, combined with a bit of poison and a dangerous Philippa seize. If you somehow are using an engine deck that outpoints them, then shutting down their engines is not so important. Also, a Yrden can be a gamewinner vs Passiflora.

So you see, there are multiple ways to beat it, you dont necessarily need a hard tech deck to win against it.
Yes, The ursine ritual deck i told you has yrden, and with lippy o usually use it 2 times.

Its really annoying, i know, but always win against HC

rrc

Forum veteran
So, SK has been rampaging everyone even after the "nerfs" and people are just too distracted with the ShieldWall. ShieldWall has been shielding SK all the while, who is the real boss. Makes perfect sense why CDPR didn't want to hotfix ShieldWall. It can't fix ShieldWall without handling SK as a faction.

ST has the 4th highest win rate and that is great. I think it is only due to Nature's Gift and a bit from Precision Strike.

But I think the low winrate from other factions are due to SK and NR being super strong in a different league of their own. If and once they are toned down a bit, I think other factions will naturally come up. (But I am afraid that CDPR will nerf them and buff the low performing factions a bit too high and make them the next SK/NR)

Not gonna lie, seeing NG in the ditch feels me with schadenfreude of the worst kind. The game is definitely better off for that, as I see much more diverse meta now that removal spam NG craze died down and we can try all sorts of things without forfeiting every second match on start.
Feels lowkey like finally getting out of abusive relationships

Shieldwall definitely has same cancerous energy about it, but at least their removal isn't as through the roof. Crazy good values, sure, but nothing a good Yrden can't handle.

All this talk about SK is really confusing, to be honest. i am pretty sure I've lost very few games to them lately, don't see what the fuss is about.
If anything, I've had much tougher time with Firesworn, they seem really strong and yet I don't see a dedicated hate thread on the forum.

Last edited:

ya1

Forum regular

Devotion does not have artifact removal so obviously you weren't playing it.

So if I were to pitch in, I'd say I strongly suspect that your problem is that you use homebrews against meta lists netdecked from the best ladder players in the world. You're not gonna win like that. Deck building in Gwent is difficult and important, and those guys at the top do it much better than you (or me).

Back to the topic, devotion NR should easily outpoint SY if you apply your removal right.

we can try all sorts of things without forfeiting every second match on start (against NG - red.)

I wonder how NG stats would look like if THAT was included...

Devotion does not have artifact removal so obviously you weren't playing it.

So if I were to pitch in, I'd say I strongly suspect that your problem is that you use homebrews against meta lists netdecked from the best ladder players in the world. You're not gonna win like that. Deck building in Gwent is difficult and important, and those guys at the top do it much better than you (or me).

Back to the topic, devotion NR should easily outpoint SY if you apply your removal right.

I wonder how NG stats would look like if THAT was included...
Yes, of course it wast a devotion deck.

I doubt you wins SY HC with a devotion shield wall deck. But well, like you said, Maybe i AM doing it wrong, i dunno

So, SK has been rampaging everyone even after the "nerfs" and people are just too distracted with the ShieldWall. ShieldWall has been shielding SK all the while, who is the real boss. Makes perfect sense why CDPR didn't want to hotfix ShieldWall. It can't fix ShieldWall without handling SK as a faction.

ST has the 4th highest win rate and that is great. I think it is only due to Nature's Gift and a bit from Precision Strike.

But I think the low winrate from other factions are due to SK and NR being super strong in a different league of their own. If and once they are toned down a bit, I think other factions will naturally come up. (But I am afraid that CDPR will nerf them and buff the low performing factions a bit too high and make them the next SK/NR)

Yeah, SK and NR are definitely dominating right now. But, there might be an ST deck in the top 3 right now.

Top Bottom