The Launcher

+
Within the "\Witcher\System" directory (folder, same thing), is the primary Exe file. Create a shortcut to that file, and run from that shortcut, to skip the Launcher.

If your talking about the cutscene during launching the game just hit ESC key ONCE ONLY when it starts the movie, it will skip the movie and get on to the options menu.

Kiwi's answer was correct--make a diret shortcut to the main exe to avoid the overly SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW launcher application. :peace:

ok kiwi so, that just skips the little menu screen with the option of checking for updates, web site, etc. What takes so long about that part? What speed processors are people using complaining about how long that takes? I'm confused ???

It doesn't take any time at all on any of the several systems I've tried with The Witcher, so I can't guess why it might need to be skipped, myself.

DemoKnight said:
Is there a way to skip the launcher and go right into the game? Thanks
I've got a similar problem. I hit "launch game" and I literally wait 10 minutes before I have the screen with a selection of saved games to load. Very frustrating. I now open this, and go and do something else around the house for 10-15 mins. Anyone else experiencing this?Additionally, if I want to stop a current game, or get killed, it takes over 10 minutes for the selection of saved games to become available ( I actually timed this). So if I'm in a scenario where you get killed easily, I might get 4-5 tries in an hour... Something's got to be wrong here...Any suggestions?(I've got a high end PC with buckets of processor power, RAM, disk space, etc, and I'm reasonably technical - work in IT and started with an XT (8088) back in '82, so I've been around the block a few times... so this one beats me...).

Magdoran said:
I've got a similar problem. I hit "launch game" and I literally wait 10 minutes before I have the screen with a selection of saved games to load. Very frustrating. I now open this, and go and do something else around the house for 10-15 mins. Anyone else experiencing this?Additionally, if I want to stop a current game, or get killed, it takes over 10 minutes for the selection of saved games to become available ( I actually timed this). So if I'm in a scenario where you get killed easily, I might get 4-5 tries in an hour... Something's got to be wrong here...Any suggestions?(I've got a high end PC with buckets of processor power, RAM, disk space, etc, and I'm reasonably technical - work in IT and started with an XT (8088) back in '82, so I've been around the block a few times... so this one beats me...).
what hapenns if you run witcher.exe from the witcher/system folder ?

Top Bottom