Now reading [books]

+
The stormlight archive, 5th book.

Though there're only 3 in english cause saying stuff in german apparently takes longer.
So xD a part of oathbringer.

Currently reading my way through Majgull Axelsson's The Woman I Never Was (except it's the Finnish translation). Rather dark, and it took a while to get the hang of what is going on, but I really like it. At the halfway point right now. :D

The original, Swedish title is Den jag aldrig var, which is very close to the English translation. The Finnish translation, on the other hand, is very much not a word-for-word translation. Which is a common thing to see.

I've progressed to the fifth part (first half of the third book) of the Wheel of TIme.

Getting my hands on the books is a bit tricky, as I sometimes need to have them delivered to the local city library from a different library, which takes a couple of days. Thankfully everything apart from the actual borrowing can be done easily and quickly online. :D

Anyway, the story sure keeps surprising me with twists, turns, revelations, and new subplots. I hadn't read fantasy in quite a while before starting on this series, which is more than likely adding to the enjoyability.

I've progressed to the fifth part (first half of the third book) of the Wheel of TIme.

Getting my hands on the books is a bit tricky, as I sometimes need to have them delivered to the local city library from a different library, which takes a couple of days. Thankfully everything apart from the actual borrowing can be done easily and quickly online. :D

Anyway, the story sure keeps surprising me with twists, turns, revelations, and new subplots. I hadn't read fantasy in quite a while before starting on this series, which is more than likely adding to the enjoyability.

Let me know when you get to the part where Cadsuane accosts Rand about using a particular spell. It's a ways off yet, but that is probably my favorite part of the whole series. It's where everything comes into focus, I think.

Currently reading A Clash of Kings and Intro to Forensic Psychology: Essentials for Law Enforcement. I would like to read all the books in A Song of Ice and Fire... eventually.

There's a rumor going on that George has been working on both books at the same time but who knows honestly. ):

I'm beginning to suspect that the books won't be released until the TV series is released. I'd love to know if that was the plan, or if things just worked out that way.

I'm beginning to suspect that the books won't be released until the TV series is released. I'd love to know if that was the plan, or if things just worked out that way.

Well the last season is airing in about a month so thats pretty soon. I think the winds of winter will eventually be released this year, dream of spring however is just a dream for now i suppose.
I actually don't mind to wait but what concerns me is the fact that George R R Martin is 70 already and providing there is at least 8 years gap between "A Dance With Dragons" and "Winds of Winter" ... You get my drift.

Well the last season is airing in about a month so thats pretty soon. I think the winds of winter will eventually be released this year, dream of spring however is just a dream for now i suppose.
I actually don't mind to wait but what concerns me is the fact that George R R Martin is 70 already and providing there is at least 8 years gap between "A Dance With Dragons" and "Winds of Winter" ... You get my drift.
I lost all hope of him finishing the book series. :(

I lost all hope of him finishing the book series. :(

Not necessarily. 70 isn't all that old! Since it's unlikely we'll be running any marathons at that age, it leaves plenty of time for writing! :)

My deduction would be a mix of writing hassles and considerations for the TV series. I can vouch first-hand for how absolutely horrible it is to try to finish a piece of writing. (The only thing I find more difficult than nailing an ending is finding a good starting point. :p) But it would also make perfect sense for HBO to have contracted things so that Martin could not release the final novels until the show had been resolved on the screen. As annoying as I would find that, it makes really good business sense.

Can't begin to list off how many absolutely brilliant stories I've read that feel like they fall apart at the end. Whether it feels rushed, preachy, off-beat, or (in the worst cases) like it's completely missing its own themes...it's possible for things to faceplant right at the end. From the perspective of a film / television producer (especially if I'm investing in an unfinished work), it would be smart to ensure that people need to watch my production to get the ending. If it comes out in print first, and people don't universally love it, that could seriously impact the ratings / turnout when the film version releases.

Top Bottom