Now reading [books]

+
Ready player Two. I enjoyed the first book while admitting it will never be a classic but Player Two is pretty meh

Currently I am reading The Tournament of Supervillainy, one of the later books in CT Phipps' Supervillainy series. It's an amusing little superhero spoof series about a random office slub who accidently inherent the powers and costume of one of the world's greatest superheroes...and immediately decides to become a supervillain.

If George RR dies before he finishes game of thrones I will be severely disappointed and sad, it has been how fucking long since the last one? Last two better come out within a year of each other.

Just finished Sir Walter Scott's rather misnamed Ivanhoe (another gift), and am now reading The Pleasant Nights, translated by Suzanne Magnanini. It's an Italian collection of witty tales from 1550, by Giovan Francesco Straparola, and includes some of the earliest written examples of the short stories we today consider 'fairy tales' -- such as 'Beauty and the Beast'.

Hell's Angels - Hunter S. Thompson

We can't stop here, this is bat country...wait...is that..?

Hmm

I'm actually reading Ken Follett's Winter of the world.
I have read Fall of giants and plan to read Edge of eternity when I finish reading the current book

A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II
and
Iron Coffins: A Personal Account Of The German U-boat Battles Of World War II

Midnight's children - Salman Ruddie.
It's great, the dry sense of humor actually reminds me of The Witcher books

Top Bottom