The list of actual UPgrades from pre-optimized version of the game

+

Guest 3841499

The list of actual UPgrades from pre-optimized version of the game

There was one, I remember for sure. Back when all the optimization/downgrade talk was going on, CDPR published a list of graphical tech UPgrades that were not present in the earlier, pre-"optimized" version of the game. I can't find it now... Can someone provide a link?

Yes, it's mod-related.

Never saw anything like this to be honest & I was poking my nose into any article related to "optimizations" brought to the game.

reducing the detail and distance of drawing the horizon
removing the volume-dependent transparency changes in ambient occlusion and leaf density / tree number
removal of advanced water simulation
worse tessellation of the ground and buildings
changes in real time reflections in water
removing the animation of leaving a drop of blood in water.

"removing the animation of leaving a drop of blood in water."

Why did they remove this tho? I don't think it took as much fps as hairworks. :facepalm:

Guest 3841499

There was a definite list, I know it, I clearly recall it's existence, just not the list itself!

Guest 3841499

Nope, UPgrades since 2013\2014 as in improvements in tech. You are citing the opposite.

That I cannot find for the life of mine. I just know Blood and Wine and final patch for PS4 Pro /Xbox One X brought the resolution up, added HDR support and on PC graphics got definitely better after that DLC was released.
But finding actual list of what was upgraded since 2013/2014 hmm, was there one? Or maybe it was in some YouTube interview you heard it? Cause you know, CDPR purges threads sometimes.

Guest 3841499

Yeah there was definitely a list, even posted on these CDPR forums and it definitely had shader-related info. It came.out very early, either right before the game was released or right afterwards. I think it was a way to combat the whole "optimization" negative talk. It's not a big deal, just thought that if those things were superior to E3 assets, then focusing on them for modding purposes may be result in better results FX-wise.

There was something like this for sure! I can definitely remember reading something about "increased world size" in the final version!

Top Bottom