The list of things that must be changed in Gwent

+
1) Stupid prestige level banner design must be changed to something much more obvious. This one is rather vague so that you cant understand none's prestige level unless it is 10.
2) Preset for leader skins and cosmetics must be added into game. Each time i build a new deck it resets my god damn leader skin and its cosmetics. It is quite irritating.
3) Some ordinary leader skins and cosmetics definitely are overpriced in the market and lack of discount exists. We need lower prices and more discounts for such ordinary staff.
4) Number of boards are quire less and not reachable because of pricing. Believe it or not, seeing same boards over and over also makes the game boring at some point.
5) Report system must be added. When some people are crushed by their opponents, they [...] utilize turn durations fully in each turn just to make the opponent bothered.
6) Ranking system definitely must be changed into something more competitive and punishing. Right now any net decker might end up in pro rank with no effort. Especially considering the mosaic boost on winning streak up till rank 7.
7) Some Arena contracts such as "Make an arena deck with only gold cards" are impossible to accomplish. There are many others like this one. Those must be also changed.

These are the things came to my mind. Please do not hesitate to mention the things you want to be changed in Gwent.

Last edited:
1) Stupid prestige level banner design must be changed to something much more obvious. This one is rather vague so that you cant understand none's prestige level unless it is 10.

Just look at the color of the little triangle at the bottom of the banner and the trim. The colored triangles are easy to remember since they're the same ones used in the corners of all the cards.

No triangle = 0 - 2
Grey / Common = 3 - 4
Blue / Rare = 5 - 6
Purple / Epic = 7 - 8
Gold / Legendary = 9 - 10

The higher level in each color band has the fancier trim.

1 - agree
2 - agree
3 - agree
4 - agree
5 - agree
6 - agree more or less. I think maybe it could change to players need to win with 4 factions, or something like that. But at the moment i think its fine in this way
7 - well, if something its really impossible i think it have to be changed. But if its only extremly dificult, i think its ok. you dont need to conclude all the contracts and they are only "buffs".

What i think must change.

1 - If a gold card changes his atributes the game needs to give you the option to meal that card for its total costs (i am still angry with Ge'els change).
2 - well this one has a particulary topic and devs already said they wont change, but i think in unranked matches we could ban a faction or a leader
3 - changes lockdown. For me this leader its stupid and should be changed. I have a lot of decks wich needs my leader abillity and when i play against lockdown i just forfeit, because there is no chances of winning. Someone can say - "oh uou can change your deck to try to beat lockdown" - but fuck off, i will not change my entire deck only because one stupid leader, wich i think should be changed (also, for this change i am thinking to make an especific topic).

Just look at the color of the little triangle at the bottom of the banner and the trim. The colored triangles are easy to remember since they're the same ones used in the corners of all the cards.

No triangle = 0 - 2
Grey / Common = 3 - 4
Blue / Rare = 5 - 6
Purple / Epic = 7 - 8
Gold / Legendary = 9 - 10

The higher level in each color band has the fancier trim.
I know it but it is a stupid way to illustrate it with tiny triangle.

Their entire approach to balancing. Statistics based balancing with no deep game knowledge is not the way to go. If they don't have time to play their own game for hours on end they need to properly consult with the playerbase, maybe a platform to test these changes out beforehand as well. The fact that the game still feels like some sort of beta test 3 years later is absurd.

Agree with everything except number 5. It is impossible to work out, and it is just too sentimental and silly.

I would add:
1. Put some effort in fixing bugs (there are plenty), the game needs some polishment.
2. Better display and explanation of rankings and mmr.
3. Improve the tech support (they just dont answer).
4. Faster response to unbalanced factions/cards.
5. Make tokens animated (the excuse that it costs money is ridiculous).
6. Create a better server system when tournaments occur, especially allowing players (who for some reason disconnected and the match is considered lost because of this) reconnect to the match.
7. More things to buy with meteorite powder.
8. Improve visual quality (Thronebreaker boards, characters, cards and effects look way better than Gwent). They should make some graphic options for those who want better graphics and those who want lesser graphics.

Last edited:
While these suggestions are relevant, I'd say they are priority №79. The game needs so many things more urgently, don't you think?
Yep and they are pointed out many times in this forum. Countless times. And each time minor ones are neglected and such problems lasted for years. That is why i didnt bother myself to mention all known issues once again.

I would add:
1. Put some effort in fixing bugs (there are plenty), the game needs some polishment.
3. Improve the tech support (they just dont answer).
Actually on this topic, I raised an issue about the row lock warning on iPad. Only the "Accept and never show again" button worked as intended.
Both the "Accept" and "Cancel" buttons, cancelled the action!
This meant you had to accept and never receive the warning again to play the card. Which is not something you want to do, due to issues with the touch screen interface, making this is a critical issue.

I got a reply after a few weeks, which personally, I was happy with. They said they would look into it.

It seems they did patch it.
Now:
The "Cancel" button Accepts.
The "Accept" button cancels.

:facepalm:
They are making progress I guess.
:beer:

Last edited:
7) Some Arena contracts such as "Make an arena deck with only gold cards" are impossible to accomplish. There are many others like this one. Those must be also changed.
1597450014739.png

There is a special arena event where you only play with gold cards.

View attachment 11055911
There is a special arena event where you only play with gold cards.
You probably mean there once was a special arena mode like that before they decided to run the Seasonal rules on Arena each month instead.

This was the Open Beta Version of Arena Special rules mode (only Golds, Silvers, Bronzes or specials) which got replaced by seasonal rules shortly after the Homecoming launch and made some of the contracts like only bronzes, specials, fill a row with Artifacts almost impossible to complete.

Do you mean that once a year seasonal feature?
I do not know, mine is from January 2019, I do not remember if in January of this year there was a similar event.

You probably mean there once was a special arena mode like that before they decided to run the Seasonal rules on Arena each month instead.

This was the Open Beta Version of Arena Special rules mode (only Golds, Silvers, Bronzes or specials) which got replaced by seasonal rules shortly after the Homecoming launch and made some of the contracts like only bronzes, specials, fill a row with Artifacts almost impossible to complete.

I suppose it would not be difficult to implement them, I remember that the special events were apart from the normal mode so they did not interfere with each other.

What I was referring to is that they are achievements that are not worth trying normally, it is simply waiting for the event. If it comes out earlier by chance, all the better, but only that. :beer:

I'm getting really tired of playing against mobile players who close their app rather than forfeiting, leaving me stuck waiting on the "opponent disconnected - reconnecting" error for the better part of a minute. It's especially annoying during "speed Gwent" season.

Ideally, I'd like to see some sort of "app closed = auto forfeit" functionality. Or failing that, train mobile users to not close the app mid-game by implementing a forced cooldown before they can join another match because they abandoned their last one.

Top Bottom