The literal Comfort Zone – Reasons you are happy that CP2077 releases later

+
So, instead of being (understandably!) sad or angry, the goal of this thread is to share inspiring stories what to do with the free time we win by not playing Cyberpunk yet.
Please don't turn this into another thread about the delay. There already is one.

So to start with me: Yes, I am sad and I've been waiting for this game very long and planned my job around it as best I could (unfortunately I can't take a vacation at certain times due to the nature of my job, and November–December is a no go unless I'm sick or needed by family members).

But now I will use the free time I made to play "Yakuza: Lika a dragon" (or "Yakuza 7"). I've started playing the Yakuza games two years ago and I really like them for their characters and story, but also for the absurdness and earnestness all at once. The game releases on November 10th and I knew I wouldn't have the time to play it properly before CP2077 releases. But now I got a full month for Y:LAD – and that comforts me.

What comforts you?

Sild

Ex-moderator
More time to play Watch Dogs Legion. Hopefully, it's going to be good.

I also received certain news today that would have made taking a vacation around the 19th of November quite troublesome, or rather undesirable. So, in my case at least, there's a very pronounced silver lining to it.

For me it's just waiting game and I'm looking forward to the lore drop from Cyberpunk Red that was -not- delayed so we have that saving grace.
Will be interesting to know what happened in the timeline that bridges the gap between the game and the tabletop RPG.

I'll also go to Bottledblonde's yoga class. ;*

Last edited:
Nothing really comforts me because I kind of didn't care. :LOL:

Nov 19 or Dec 10 (those are the dates right?) makes little difference to me.

I wasn't all that hyped nor looking forward to it - especially after they cut the stuff I was kind of looking forward to. Was waiting for reviews to come in (and depending on my mood) to determine if it's worth my time.

I wasn't all that hyped nor looking forward to it - especially after they cut the stuff I was kind of looking forward to. Was waiting for reviews to come in (and depending on my mood) to determine if it's worth my time.

You have to be lying! In this world there are only two kinds of people. One, people who are exteremely hyped for CP2077. Two, people who haven't heard about it yet. (*sarcasm mode off*)
Post automatically merged:

HAPPY?! Strong word...

You can switch "happy" for "on second thought, relieved" ;)

Guest 4406876

I can install and play the new expansion of WoW Shadowlands that comes out TODAY!...oh no wait...that's delayed too :D

- Chances of me getting my hands on a RTX 3070 for CP2077 release are slightly increased... My pc is 5 years old and Ive been holding on to the plan of upgrading just before CP2077 releases to get the best possible deal.. Little did I anticipate the Nvidia shitshow.

- If the rumours about a third party deal involving stadia or consoles being behind the delay are true, then at least the game quality on PC shouldn't be a worry. (The state of the game on prev-gen consoles, that's an entirely different matter)

- I suppose there is AC Valhalla..

Guest 4406876

- Chances of me getting my hands on a RTX 3070 for CP2077 release are slightly increased... My pc is 5 years old and Ive been holding on to the plan of upgrading just before CP2077 releases to get the best possible deal.. Little did I anticipate the Nvidia shitshow.

- If the rumours about a third party deal involving stadia or consoles being behind the delay are true, then at least the game quality on PC shouldn't be a worry. (The state of the game on prev-gen consoles, that's an entirely different matter)

- I suppose there is AC Valhalla..
I have a new PC with a ryzen 3900x , 32gb 3600 and brand new M2s and still holding my great 980 from years ago, not gonna buy into the 3070, waiting for next year and 3080Ti, most likely around spring, since I missed the 3080 'cause they ran out. The 3070 (if it's not budget related) isn't going to make you happy in the long term. I decided to wait for a better long lasting and more performant product, and I guess CP is gonna be 1080p at 40fps for now at least for me :D

I bet I will finish Bioshock Remastered, although I might get distracted by Dead Space, Rage or Brutal Legend... I have already started Bioshock, so I can push it for sure!

Also, now I am very certain that I will have all the time to watch the Mad Max franchise, Robocop, Blade Runner and potentially other movies that influenced the genre! Not to mention that YouTube playlist with the lore. The only I probably will forget by December 10, though, is the #countdowntothedarkfuture, but hey, Cyberpunk 2020 was set 57 years prior to Cyberpunk 2077 - I don't have to remember ALL the details!

Great thread, by the way. Glad to see people still looking at the bright sides to some degree.

The 3070 (if it's not budget related) isn't going to make you happy in the long term.

It will, unless you want ultra 4K. I don't even have a monitor for 2K, so I settle for less. But I plan to stream which takes its toll too.
But yes, budget is an issue for me. I've been saving money since autumn 2019 for the card.

ps. Its possible that 3080Ti doesn't even come.
pps. the 3070 seems to be just as difficult to get as the 3080. Failure to launch.

I guess CP is gonna be 1080p at 40fps for now at least for me

On a GTX 980? I sincerely doubt it.

Last edited:
Oh, and that's also the perfect opportunity to invest even more of my time into that frontend webdev internship I've landed, 44 days seems actually enough to make a mock-up page for one the tasks I have to do. Hopefully that gets me the job faster, too!

1) I didn't take a vacation to play the game on November 19.
2) More bugs will be fixed.
3) I like that it's closer to New Year holidays.
4) I'm not counting days/hours till the release. These 3 extra weeks will fly by.
5) Even if the game is delayed again, I'm still fine with it, because if the game and the devs needs more time, they should get it.

Guest 4406876

It will, unless you want ultra 4K. I don't even have a monitor for 2K, so I settle for less. But I plan to stream which takes its toll too.
But yes, budget is an issue for me. I've been saving money since autumn 2019 for the card.

ps. Its possible that 3080Ti doesn't even come.

On a GTX 980? I sincerely doubt it.
I'm a dreamer :D , FS2020, and every game right now can easily run in 2k (i have a 4k monitor so anything below 2k looks like shit) at 35/55 fps Maxed out besides stuff like shadows that I keep on medium because they take their tolls. CP is kinda next gen so I guess I'll settle for less detail but still waiting, If it runs so bad I guess I'll put it on the "virtual" shelf and play it later next year.

Top Bottom