The literal Comfort Zone – Reasons you are happy that CP2077 releases later

+
I have placed an order for a 3070. Says it would be in store nov 18th. Even if it would be delayed, there's few weeks of leeway.. Let's see can we trust anything in this modern day and age.

Honestly my trust or belief in anything, including CDPR producing anything at all after 8 years of work is at an all time low. I need comfort.

I have a number of University assignments due around November 19th, so at least I won't be distracted for them! Nothing in December.

I would say "more time to get an RTX 3080" like I did the day of the delay, but... I literally nabbed one yesterday and it's due for delivery tomorrow, so I guess I don't need that extra time lmao

Guest 4406876

Good thing COVID-19 is more or less under control in Taiwan.
Yes too bad it's made in China that's why shit isn't coming out and we don't have a card in our case yet. Well most of us.

Yes too bad it's made in China that's why shit isn't coming out and we don't have a card in our case yet. Well most of us.

Their chip production line used for manufacturing the 3000-line chips is in South Korea as far as I can google.

Too bad that there are rumours of issues in that production line, causing large number of chips to be scrapped, greating yield problems. These are just rumours, but I think there is something definitely wrong in the process. The demand cannot be the only reason for their disastrous 3000-series availability.

I'm happy that those 10 people who are getting a next gen system to play this game get to start playing at the same time the rest of us do... I'll admit that is partly sarcasm, but it is honestly nice that people aren't being left out simply because they're dropping $1k on a new system and want this game for said, highly expensive, system.

Guest 4406876

Their chip production line used for manufacturing the 3000-line chips is in South Korea as far as I can google.

Too bad that there are rumours of issues in that production line, causing large number of chips to be scrapped, greating yield problems. These are just rumours, but I think there is something definitely wrong in the process. The demand cannot be the only reason for their disastrous 3000-series availability.
I heard that too as well, but as far as I know most parts are built in China. I can tell you more in couple of days and be specific, but I'm sure you can find parts now if you google it. Still the large quantity of faulty production is an issue and seems impacting the production more than expected. Still it isn't enough , in my humble opinion, to have such scarce availability. (and all of this combined maybe creates even larger issues, go figure, weird that cellphones aren't a problem while new consoles and new gpus are).

Btw we should check out AMD, I know...it's AMD for GPUs but hey, you never know..they'll most likely suffer the same fate of 3000rtx availability too, but it doesn't hurt to check and be ready for when it's released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw we should check out AMD, I know...it's AMD for GPUs but hey, you never know..they'll most likely suffer the same fate of 3000rtx availability too, but it doesn't hurt to check and be ready for when it's released.

AMD uses TSMC for manufacturing. Nvidia chose Samsung (something they are probably regretting about now). Its possible AMD wont suffer the same yield problems even though the demand for their cards is just as sky-high.

Am I disappointed by the delay? Yes, I am. Is it the end of the world? Not even close. Even though the situation sucks, I'm a grown up. I fully realize things happen. Besides, I've got a copy of the pnp (Cyberpunk Red) on it's way into my hot little hands. The delay will give me ample time to thoroughly examine Cyberpunk Red.

Had CP77 come out this November, I wouldn’t have had the money to buy a new GPU and monitor.

I would’ve been in the situation of playing the first half of the game on a GTX 970 and on a 1080p monitor - which probably would’ve reduced Night City to a stuttering, low-settings mess.
Then I would’ve switched to an RTX 3070 and a 1440p monitor halfway my playthrough and change settings to high in December.

Talk about awkward and immersion breaking!

At least now I’ll be playing it the way it was meant to be played all the way.

Also have a confession to make: I’ve never finished the Witcher 3. Sure I finished 1 and 2 and STARTED 3 about half a dozen times, but something would always make me stop the campaign halfway for a month or two. Whenever I came back, it didn’t feel right and I’d start over.

Something feels wrong about starting CP77 without finishing Witcher 3. Maybe I’ll use the next month to finish the Witcher 3 campaign!
/fails at keeping a straight face

Seriously though, them having a delay beyond even December would just give me time to finish W3. Just... make sure it’s done by january.

Oh ya, I forgot Nvidia isn't using TSMC this round.

On a side note, what a mess wafer fab has become recently. There are only 3 players left that can do leading edge wafer fab processes. TSMC is the only one that has working processes. Samsung as noted might be having yield and power consumption problems. Intel just got their 7nm delayed by a year but at least their 10nm node is kind of working - they are producing enough chips for laptop use but aren't willing to use it for desktop yet for either yield or performance reasons[1].

Hopefully Intel and Samsung will get their heads out of their arses - and heaven forbid they drop out of the business - or we are going to have a monopoly situation on our hands here.

[1] I'm beginning to wonder if the smaller newer nodes can even do high performance / clock rates.

That or the new AMD RT 6000 series, but I get your point. Both will be in terribly low supply and completely overpriced should I be able to get them from somewhere.

Let's create a "literal comfort zone - reasons you're happy you can't get a next-gen graphics card" thread. :ROFLMAO:

Just gonna have to hope I'll get my hand on one before 2020 ends at least. I might ACTUALLY want to wait until then, before playing CP77.

I'll wait for CP2077 by waiting for an Elder Scrolls or proper Fallout release.

Its supposedly good that games take a decade to be released. Maybe they'll be out when i'm 50.

I recently acquired the Early Access version of Baldurs Gate 3, so more time to test that out to the full. I also recently got The Outer Worlds on Steam, so more time to play that too. I had always planned my leave for the 2 weeks after January, though, so whilst I am disappointed at the delay, it won't really negatively impact me too much.

I'm happy that those 10 people who are getting a next gen system to play this game get to start playing at the same time the rest of us do... I'll admit that is partly sarcasm, but it is honestly nice that people aren't being left out simply because they're dropping $1k on a new system and want this game for said, highly expensive, system.

It's the current gen that are a problem seemingly.

I'm only happy cause the game will release around my december's holidays, but yeah, they could've worked the current gen first since it was basically was it should've released on first.
I'd have liked a bit less "confident" promo for the game ("only a natural disaster can delay Cyberpunk again" lmao) but yeah, by the time the game release in december in a solid state we'll be all happy.

If they delay it again, I 'd say we should cancel all our preorder, and use the money to rent a room in Poland to put the maketing departement and the devs in the same room for a day or two, cause they really need to talk lmao.

Top Bottom