The literal Comfort Zone – Reasons you are happy that CP2077 releases later

+
It's the current gen that are a problem seemingly.

You mean old gen. Because thats what it'll be soon.

Sure, there is a massive amount of people who are looking forward to playing CP2077 on the old consoles. But the hardcore gamers, the ones who are actually going to be hyping your game (or were) play on PC. CDPR shouldn't forget them either. The recent vote is a decent indicator.

Last edited:
You mean old gen. Because thats what it'll be soon.

Yes, well, you get the idea.
I remember for MK10, Netherrealm planned a PS3 (multiplatform, cyberpunk style) release at first, but their new engine couldn't run on old console, so they kept the pc/ps4 etc... Release at first, postponed the Ps3 release, but dumped it after a while cause it was too much of a pain to port on it.

People were disapointed but since they were clear on their problem, there weren't any outrage.

Sure, it's not the same kind of game, but IMO it's all about how you present things to people, if they'd just clearly tell us that they struggle to port it or whatever, we'd be fine (I guess even about the contracts, it could be feasible, since other games do it too).

Release the game the 19 for the system aviable (so the marketing campaign doesn't ends in a garbage can), and tell people the old gen will release a bit later (3weeks isn't a pain in the ass, if that's REALLY a solid date).

It's the lacks of solid info that gets on people's nerves.

Same thing happened over here, for a Tabletop game editor...
They used to make a Loooots of crowdfunding, preorder etc....

They had always the worse delay etc....
Gave some public message, but without saying much. Exactly like CDPR (they had deaththreats and stuff aswell)
I think that the delays aren't the issue in itself, IMO, the problem is money...

When you let people give you money (60for the game, 200 for the collector édition, prices were almost the same with the tabletop funnily), with a close release date (so they're tempted to give you than much of money), and you kept delaying...
Even if you're a well known studio, I guess people are feeling like they're scamed.

Everything went too soon and the release it messy as fuck, no surprise people don't know where they are now.

I'm studying for a Cybersecurity certification so now I can just focus and not have itchy hands to play this game since it won't release until after I've taken the exam.
That's definitely going to make the Internet less spoiler-hazardous for you, that's for sure. I'm glad I graduated because even after 10th of December, I'll be perfectly able to avoid any spoilers simply by putting myself off media.

There's also that game, Diabotical, and I'm trying to 100% their Season 1 battlepass before I buy it (I'm a completionist of a sort). The battlepass end overlaps November 19th for a week or more, which means that now I can get way slower with my quest to level 100!

Tbh I do not understand why people are so unhappy about this, most people already have 20-30 game backlogs they can go to.

I'm honestly happy about this news. I'm glad they're taking more time to polish and finish the game for us.

Tbh I do not understand why people are so unhappy about this, most people already have 20-30 game backlogs they can go to.

I'm honestly happy about this news. I'm glad they're taking more time to polish and finish the game for us.
It's about the expectations and plans. My current employment has no PTOs for my position at all, so I couldn't wrap my schedule around the release, which kinda makes me way calmer with the news, but I guess that's the biggest reason. Even bigger of a reason than anything else.

What I really hope for is good controller support. I mean, Cyberpunk 2077 will be an RPG title and as unfamiliar with the genre as I am, I expect there to be quite a few buttons to press and actions to take, which can be limiting with the controller. But hey, we've only seen controller footage so far, haven't we? That's promising, really promising.

Another point to polishing is probably some more optimizing. My CPU and RAM are a little below recommended, but honestly, seeing how DOOM: Eternal performed on i5-3470 (not clocked at all) with 8 GB RAM, this delay makes me feel like it's even more possible for me to get closer to the highest settings and 60+ FPS.

I have placed an order for a 3070. Says it would be in store nov 18th. Even if it would be delayed, there's few weeks of leeway.. Let's see can we trust anything in this modern day and age.

Honestly my trust or belief in anything, including CDPR producing anything at all after 8 years of work is at an all time low. I need comfort.
Whose soul did you have to sell to get a series 30? ;)

Seriously, stay on topic. Quoting part of someone's post in an attempt to de-rail the thread to suit your own interests... yeah, no.

Several posts deleted.

I am quite content with December 10th release because I have a gaming PC and gaming area in a renovated shed in my backyard, both of which are not quite ready yet. Also, trying to figure out time to binge and play the game. Not sure if I will take any time off.

Anyone else in the same situation? My new gaming area wasn't even planned. Just a random idea.

Anyone else in the same situation? My new gaming area wasn't even planned. Just a random idea.

Me, sorta. My brother moved out of the house at the start of the year so I got two bedrooms of my own now. My previous one is now my “man cave” (i.e. computer room) but rearranging/redecorating it has taken a while. So far, it’s just my new desk (got me a new one a couple of months ago), my new PC (built it around June, although I’m currently stuck with an old graphics card and older monitor, long story :LOL:), a fan in the corner, some ugly drapes, and... that’s it :shrug:

Hopefully in a few weeks I’ll overhaul it a bit. I’ll get a mobile desk “attachment” of sorts for my PC case (something similar to this but prettier I hope), paint the walls, decorate them, buy decent drapes, and get me a proper bookshelf for my books for once in my life.

(I’m also saving for a house of my own, but that’s gonna take a too damn looooong while for it to even deserve a mention now :sleep:)

Guest 4211861

I'm taking two weeks off starting Dec 21st. Yeah, it's not on the 10th, but close enough.

Plus, what else is there to do in miserable winter weather? Although I'm half-expecting it to be delayed to February.

I have placed an order for a 3070. Says it would be in store nov 18th. Even if it would be delayed, there's few weeks of leeway.. Let's see can we trust anything in this modern day and age.

Well, so much for that hope. Now the estimated delivery date has moved to January 25th as with other places. Yay.
Even if CP2077 would launch in december, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it fully from the beginning. Now I can just hope that even THAT date holds. Living in Europe sucks sometimes.

I guess three month delivery on a graphic card I already paid is the new normal..

I am comfortable reading all the memes as well. I mean that's the best thing that came out of this delay.
( Besides the game being polished to be better of course )
In the end, this delay is for us to enjoy the game on launch. Albeit I will be playing on PC I could imagine people being really pissed off if their potato console runs the game in like 15 fps
I just hope, hope, hope it will be the final delay. I cant imagine they taking another hit to their stocks like this. It fell by approximately 25% which is a whopping 13 billion

Albeit I will be playing on PC I could imagine people being really pissed off if their potato console runs the game in like 15 fps

I can imagine myself trying to suppress the nausea of hectic First person view on 10 fps low because I didn't get the 3070..

I can imagine myself trying to suppress the nausea of hectic First person view on 10 fps low because I didn't get the 3070..
Let's hope it wont come to that.
The minimal specs are super low for the PC so it looks like it had been optimised for potato PCs too

I played Witcher 3 with 2 GB of graphics and 4 GB ram on almost ultra settings with 30 fps. I am quite confident in their ability to optimize.
( I did lag in the big cities especially turning raining )

Guest 4419821

Having planned to get this and Valhalla around same time, It means I won't need to rush assassins creed valhalla, well not rush so to speak, but as soon as cp2077 would have originally released on the 19th I would have dropped AC, and not gone back to it for a while, so nice to spend a bit longer with Assassins Creed and any other games on the new next gen consoles.

December 10th is finals week at my university so I'm definitely not happy. I have to choose between playing cyberpunk or failing my classes. hard choices

Top Bottom