The little things...

+
I would like the camera to circle my character if I leave him idle for longer then a minute.

I would like to bring the camera to the front of my character so I can see the front of him at anytime.

I would like to control the camera's distance from my character, zooming in, zooming out and leaving it at desired distance while playing.

This topic is about... er.. other little things.

please hold your fire, I'm trying to post in the afterlife forum so CDPR can see it when they go sifting through info. :)

I'm holding fire.

But i'm not sure how this helps you.. Oh well.

So how do you disagree with mentioned 3rd person camera control?

I would like the camera to circle my character if I leave him idle for longer then a minute.

I would like to bring the camera to the front of my character so I can see the front of him at anytime.

I would like to control the camera's distance from my character, zooming in, zooming out and leaving it at desired distance while playing.

So how do you disagree with mentioned 3rd person camera control?

Did i say i disagreed with you? When? I just said that i didn't think this is the place for it. Since we have topics better suited for these kind of requests.

I disagree with anything that sucks up resources without a corresponding benefit to me. These are all tiny benefits I have little interest in. I hope they do them well after the rest of the game is done and ready to play. When they're bored, maybe. Really bored.

That said, when Jensen steps into the lobby in Deus Ex Human Revolution and the shades snap across his eyes - very cool. I look forward to little touches like that.

That said, when Jensen steps into the lobby in Deus Ex Human Revolution and the shades snap across his eyes - very cool. I look forward to little touches like that.

I am also looking forward to small details like this, regarding what we wear, what augments we have and so on. Something more context sensitive. These can be more unique, created for certain situations or fashion styles/cyber and definitely provide more of this mythical immersion factor everyone is so obsessed about than repetitive animations of eating, drinking, sitting and pissing.

And knowing CDPR's attention to hand crafted details - opposed to repetitive, copy & paste stuff - I am quite confident we will get lots of these in the game.

some of these may have been mentioned before or will obviously be in the game but I will say them anyways.

I want to be able to holster my weapons and walk around with empty hands.

I want to be able to pull my gun on npc and watch them shit themselves as they drop gear for me to loot, or pull their own weapon and try to take me on.

I would like to go prone in 77.

I would like to have a follow me mechanic on npc linked to charisma stat or credits.

I would like to smoke in this game.

Oh, I think those are all quite reasonable and likely, cept maybe the smoking thing and, hey, mods!

And CDPR has not, as yet, ever had NPC companions, so that's going to be a big question we all wonder about. I think, given their generally very high production quality, they will opt not to, since NPC companions always seem very...cardboard. But that's a question and issue for the other thread.

And CDPR has not, as yet, ever had NPC companions, so that's going to be a big question we all wonder about. I think, given their generally very high production quality, they will opt not to, since NPC companions always seem very...cardboard. But that's a question and issue for the other thread.

Triss, Dandelion and Zoltan are Geralts companions, they just don't follow him around. But Geralt is also a lone wolf. It wouldn't have suited him to be carting around a small entourage.

I think CDPR are more than capable of creating NPC's with depth of character who will assist us.

Oh, I think those are all quite reasonable and likely, cept maybe the smoking thing and, hey, mods!

Only games they have ever released are the Witcher games. As you well know, in the books, the Gerald of Rivia almost always works alone.

But he technically do have companions. He has Dandelion, Zoltan Chivay and Triss. (And maybe Shani.. I miss Shani..) They just don't usually fallow him around and fight at his side but even if they wanted to, he would most likely rather work alone. They didn't seem very cardboard to me. CDPR is much better at these stuff than you give them credit for.

EDIT: Damn! ChrisWebb, you beat me to it! :D

What Witcher books did you guys read? Because I am re-reading the saga right now, The Tower of the Swallow to be exact, and Geralt is travelling and going through adventures with 4 other people for the whole book so far(Cahir, Regis, Milva and Dandelion), a companioship as they call it themselves. And Angouleme joined them, so that makes it 5 companions. It's been like this, in different configurations, for quite some time already(I mean, in the books). So no, Geralt of Rivia doesn't always work alone. Quite the opposite.

And yet, CDPR decided to have Geralt as a sole main character, without any regular party or companions. Small exceptions have been made in the Witcher 2 when you can control other characters or in the quest with Brigida Papebrock, but that's about it. So maybe CDPR prefer to concentrate on the main protagonist and his own, personal story, with many awesomely written NPCs he meets throughout his journey, rather than splitting their efforts on additional development needed to bring to life a fully controllable companions.

And so far, from what CDPR mentioned in the interviews, CP2077 will also concentrate on the protagonists personal story.

But as Sard pointed out, this is off topic here.

What Witcher books did you guys read? Because I am re-reading the saga right now, The Tower of the Swallow to be exact, and Geralt is travelling and going through adventures with 4 other people for the whole book so far(Cahir, Regis, Milva and Dandelion), a companioship as they call it themselves. And Angouleme joined them, so that makes it 5 companions. It's been like this, in different configurations, for quite some time already(I mean, in the books). So no, Geralt of Rivia doesn't always work alone. Quite the opposite.

And yet, CDPR decided to have Geralt as a sole main character, without any regular party or companions. Small exceptions have been made in the Witcher 2 when you can control other characters or in the quest with Brigida Papebrock, but that's about it. So maybe CDPR prefer to concentrate on the main protagonist and his own, personal story, with many awesomely written NPCs he meets throughout his journey, rather than splitting their efforts on additional development needed to bring to life a fully controllable companions.

I guess the operating word in my post was "almost always", NOT "always". I didn't get to read the books yet, but i'm planing to read them soon enough. (When i find some spare time.) I've been told by one of my close friend who read the series and played the games, books and the games are similar enough. Did he even really need them at his side? (And be fair, don't you think Gerald pulls the weight of the group?) Did he ever work with a group in an other book?

But anyways..

And so far, from what CDPR mentioned in the interviews, CP2077 will also concentrate on the protagonists personal story.

Which does not translate as "no companions".

I guess the operating word in my post was "almost always", NOT "always". I didn't get to read the books yet, but i'm planing to read them soon enough. (When i find some spare time.) I've been told by one of my close friend who read the series and played the games, books and the games are similar enough. Did he even really need them at his side? (And be fair, don't you think Gerald pulls the weight of the group?) Did he ever work with a group in an other book?

In the books, the companions fight at Geralt's side a lot. And very often save Geralt from trouble. I would even go that far and say that Geralt's companions are crucial part of the books, not much less (if at all) than Geralt himself. So no, books and games are not similar enough in that regard.

And yet CDPR decided for the games to be Geralt's solo adventure, with his closest, long time friends as NPCs. Which in my opinion has a great benefit for the games in terms of writing.

I'd say that he's probably with companions more than he's alone, and when he is alone, his friends are usually looking for him. The books are much more of an ensemble work than the games - Geralt isn't even the central character a lot of the time.

I'd say that he's probably with companions more than he's alone, and when he is alone, his friends are usually looking for him. The books are much more of an ensemble work than the games - Geralt isn't even the central character a lot of the time.

I really should start reading the books. I will start.. someday.

Wheee! So off topic! THE HORROR.

A little thing I'd like to see in-game - reflections off chrome cyberware, so you can see your face when your cyberarm comes up. Cool?

Wheee! So off topic! THE HORROR.

A little thing I'd like to see in-game - reflections off chrome cyberware, so you can see your face when your cyberarm comes up. Cool?

Cool. If they can do it with cars, they can do it with other stuff as well. But what if you face is chrome as well? MAXIMUM REFLECTION!

Top Bottom