The live 5th of June Livestream Analysis Thread

+
Sorry, I don't undestand you..

But Ciri has got really big green eyes.

She looks somehow boring, it's predictable that everyone will have their own vision of the characters, she's lacking the elven element , not sure how to describe it, the eternal youth of the elves, strange I know.

wasn't the witcher with the red vest was killed?! i can remember the name the one they show fighting in the trailer, i remember killing him in the witcher 1 or 2 cant remember (not letho),

his name was Leo, he was killed by the profesor in TW1, the guy in the red vest is Eskel

Every time I watch the trailer I start to like the new face models more and more. Geralt is looking especially badass. I guess this is my way of saying that I take back the initial reservations I had about the character models. Still don't really know what Ciri looks like, but I'm sure it won't disappoint.
A round of applause for CD Project! This trailer really is something special!

There are two small topics i haven't seen discussed yet (unless i'm blind, in wich case, sorry) that i'd like to jumpstart conversation on. I don't know why but small stuff tends to draw my attention like that.

First:
View attachment 3694

This is not how an army marches. Not even if they have to pass through a forest. Could these soldiers be actually looking for something? Like a searching party for a missing person? They seem aware of some danger. Some of them have their swords drown and are actively looking around. But what are they looking for?

Second:
View attachment 3696

This is without a doubt Geralts hand, that's forcing something into Dandy's mouth. In fact, you can even briefly see his right hip and the hook attached to it. It's his armor, the same one that's used in the rest of the trailer too. Maaybe he's forcing a cure down his thoat? Or maybe it's a shapeshifter?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 41
There are two small topics i haven't seen discussed yet (unless i'm blind, in wich case, sorry) that i'd like to jumpstart conversation on. I don't know why but small stuff tends to draw my attention like that.

First:
View attachment 3694

This is not how an army marches. Not even if they have to pass through a forest. Could these soldiers be actually looking for something? Like a searching party for a missing person? They seem aware of some danger. Some of them have their swords drown and are actively looking around. But what are they looking for?

Second:
View attachment 3696

This is without a doubt Geralts hand, that's forcing something into Dandy's mouth. In fact, you can even briefly see his right hip and the hook attached to it. It's his armor, the same one that's used in the rest of the trailer too. Maaybe he's forcing a cure down his thoat? Or maybe it's a shapeshifter?

1) search party is posible but then again it would be stupid to make them walk in a cluster and have them taken down by arrows
2) i think he was musled to be quiet

Second:
View attachment 3696

Why do you think that he's forcing something into his mouth? He could just be forcing him to be quiet. Also, if nobody has mentioned it, there's a purple trail when Geralt's hand is moving away.

Last edited:
To be true to himself, Dandelion will have gotten in trouble and Geralt arrives to rescue him ....

Sorry, what i meant to say was that i have no doubt it's Geralts hand. The latter part of the sentence was meant to be a question, but it came out wrong. As far as i'm concered he might as well be pulling his teeth out. That's why i'm wondering what others here think. The purple trail is just lense flare, it happens because Dandys hat is illuminated.

Sorry, what i meant to say was that i have no doubt it's Geralts hand. The latter part of the sentence was meant to be a question, but it came out wrong. As far as i'm concered he might as well be pulling his teeth out. That's why i'm wondering what others here think. The purple trail is just lense flare, it happens because Dandys hat is illuminated.

That doesn't look like lens flare, it looks like it's something in the air. It's moving to the left fairly fast while the camera is barely moving at all. And it's not a reflection on his hat because when it moves to the right the trail still moves to the left at exactly the same pace.

Last edited:
Why do you think that he's forcing something into his mouth? He could just be forcing him to be quiet. Also, if nobody has mentioned it, there's a purple trail when Geralt's hand is moving away.

Exactly... I wonder what that was... Maybe some potion or something, maybe something similar to what Iorveth used on the poor Nekker to wake him up in the Witcher 2...

She looks somehow boring, it's predictable that everyone will have their own vision of the characters, she's lacking the elven element , not sure how to describe it, the eternal youth of the elves, strange I know.
That's how Ciri is described in the books, plain-faced.

Hmmm, i think the effect is far too subtle to be intended. It looks exactly like lens flare should look to my eye. But who knows, you could be right. Or he may really be just keeping him quiet, but then, why so violently. It look like his hurting him.

guys...he is tied up and his mouth is covered so he can't talk and Geralt frees him...it's that simple

Annnnnnd we have a winner! Yep it totaly looks like he took a gag out of his mouth.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

But I'm not yet used to this woman who has always been described as small and lithe showing up with the body of a welterweight MMA fighter

Good to know there's a second trailer I haven't watched. The one I did watch lacked all manner of MMA fighters. But if their league enlists competitors of Ciri's girlish built, then I'll be paying closer attention to their events.

first I thought Geralt was giving Dandelion something to inhale, now I just don't know anymore....it certainly does not look comfortable

Top Bottom