The live 5th of June Livestream Analysis Thread

+
True. A combination of the two, I guess. :p

Ah, yes. I forgot how much Letho explains. Even so, the story from her point of view would be quite something.

Indeed it would be very interesting. I don't know if it can be achieved gameplay wise. I mean Yennefer is a sorceress, she fights in a really different way that Geralt does, and I am not sure if its worth adding completely new game mechanics, for the relatively short time frame that Yennefer would retell her story.

Ciri is a whole different matter, but I am not a fan of the idea that we get to roam around with Ciri for a long time. Maybe just a small part of the game, and always if it helps story wise.

Yes, Ciri would work better. For Yennefer's part, I would rather see a non-combat adventure which relies purely on dialogue - with the occasional magic thrown in - with a focus on only characters and story, but I doubt CDPR would ever go that route. At least not with this franchise.

He had such machinations before, yes, but having him turn on a dime and go back to wanting to procure Ciri again would undo one of the more memorable character developments made in the final parts of the novels. After a long talk with Geralt, Emhyr gave his plans up and allowed for Ciri to stay with her loved ones. It was one of the strongest portrayals of character growth in the book, and to have him once again want to steal Ciri away to use for his own nefarious means would - in my humble opinion - cheapen this act. That is why I hope this is not the case, but it is of course possible that this is the way CDPR has taken the story, and it would make for a truly grandiose scenario in which Geralt and Yennefer not only need to fight the Wild Hunt, but also the Empire itself in order to protect Ciri.

Agreed.

I think what he aims to do is have her inherit the Empire as his daughter and heir, hence "give her what she deserves."

I wonder if we'll be able to give ciri up to the wild hunt or the emperor, and by doing such will determine how the ending plays out.

I wonder if we'll be able to give ciri up to the wild hunt or the emperor, and by doing such will determine how the ending plays out.

I agree with you that we probably see such a choice, but not between the emperor or the wild hunt. Gerald would never give Ciri over to the hunt. So if a choice exists, it's between the emperor and letting her go where ever she wishes. Or there will be another party/choice we can choose from.

The choices available to us have to be realistic though, I don't think Geralt would ever let Ciri to the Wild Hunt lol

Unless the wild hunt offers Geralt a deal he can't refuse or an ultimatum, but yeah, it'd have to be very convincing or it wouldn't work.

So I noticed something.There is a certain floral pattern that I found in both trailers.Perhaps this (bad?)guy resides in this village.I amnot sure what to make of it.That's that I guess.

Good eye m8

Person in the hood. Who might it be ?

View attachment 3794

During that scene Wild Hunt killed villager or etc but in the background there is someone in the boat. Who might it be ? Looks like they are chasing that person. Also, in the end, after main part of the trailer there is few seconds of upcoming CGI and again, hooded person appeared. In the first screenshot there is no chance that it is Geralt because i dont see him escaping, especially from the regular Wild Hunt soldiers, not commanders. What do you think ? Ciri ?

CGI screenshots.
View attachment 3795View attachment 3796

I hope, CGI will be shown tomorrow, on E3 so we might get explanation, of course if it is the same person in both scenes

Attachments

• sdfghj.jpg
    sdfghj.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 43
  • sdfgh.jpg
    sdfgh.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 37
  • dfghjk.jpg
    dfghjk.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 36
in the end, after main part of the trailer there is few seconds of upcoming CGI and again, hooded person appeared.

The hooded person in the end is Yennefer escaping from Nilfgaardians captivity, during the fight on her transport route to some location over the war zone... She probably has gained her memory back and don't want to be in their custody anymore.

Guest 2013460

Is Geralt the one roughing up Dandelion in the trailer?

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I think the one with Dandelion in the trailer is Geralt, based on the armor and gloves he's wearing.
Maybe Dandelion made something stupid, he seems pretty regretful in the trailer.

Any thoughts?

Glove in trailer

Armor in trailer

Geralt screenshot for comparison, you can see the spikes in the knuckles and the soft padding at the end of the glove.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 34
  • ibq4GyXI0C6Acc.jpg
    ibq4GyXI0C6Acc.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we really get a lot more detail of what happened after Letho, Yen and co were captured by the Nilfgaardians. The whole story that Letho told about extracting information, Vattier, etc sounded really interesting.

I am also looking forward to seeing Letho and Roche meeting the game. Obviously Roche hasn't been confirmed, but it would be interesting to see those two's reactions to each other after all that has happened.

Damn, you're right. That could be Geralt. I wonder what's going on there, and what kind of magic he's using. Looks a little disturbing. I was also curious about the Triss scene, where she seems to be sucking someone's soul out of their head.

I don't think it would be Geralt. Could it be... Letho? Or well literally anyone can have similar gloves i think.

Alternatively, Dandelion did something stupid and got caught. Geralt is quietly saving him, closed his mouth so that he doesn't scream >_>

I've comment something like this in another thread. It's the most reasonable knowing Dandelion's atraction to get always in troubles..... Almost hanged in TW2? YEs!

After watching trailer... I want to have sex with Dance's voice.

I am also looking forward to seeing Letho and Roche meeting the game. Obviously Roche hasn't been confirmed, but it would be interesting to see those two's reactions to each other after all that has happened.
In fact, Roche was confirmed few months ago (and Iorveth too).

Top Bottom