The live 5th of June Livestream Analysis Thread

+
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I think the one with Dandelion in the trailer is Geralt, based on the armor and gloves he's wearing.
Maybe Dandelion made something stupid, he seems pretty regretful in the trailer.

Any thoughts?

Glove in trailer

Armor in trailer

Geralt screenshot for comparison, you can see the spikes in the knuckles and the soft padding at the end of the glove.

we covered this....Dandelion did something stupid and is now tied up and gaged so he can't speak and Geralt is taking the gag of and is saving him

Gameplay Trailer Footage

Great post, just a few edits.
the giant crab is an endrega, a rusalka is a mermaid and a manticore is a lion with a scorpion's tail. That creature is probably a cockatrice.

oh lel I didnt realize that was the 2nd post in the thread, my input is probably a repost at this point.

Last edited:
Great post, just a few edits.
the giant crab is an endrega, a rusalka is a mermaid and a manticore is a lion with a scorpion's tail. That creature is probably a cockatrice.

oh lel I didnt realize that was the 2nd post in the thread, my input is probably a repost at this point.

Thx for the input. Didn't know the Manticore, someone else posted that as "maybe it is a maticore" so I noted it as an option. Removed it now and replaced it with "cockatrice? / wyvern ?"

randyrhoads is mostly spot on on everything. Wiverns dont have horns (theyre more like winged lizrds/dragons) this creature is more like a bird, so its certainly a Cockatrice or related.
Regarding the Rusalka... Mermaids (at least in this game) will have fish-shaped lower torsos (whilst in the water) but outside they will be winged and attack from the air, as in the Greek Classic myths. Rusalkas are spirits from the water(water-nymphs), that lure men and feed on them, burt they dont have fish tails.

There are two different but kind of similar monsters depicted in the trailer: One (at 0.24) killed from behind by Lambert, which resembles the creature from the Dark Horse Comic(see right side of pic)View attachment 3822
THAT is a Rusalka to me. :)
The other, who sticks out her tongue to a man in a nasty way (at 2.21), could be a Bruxa, but Im not sure.

As nothing of this is officially confirmed, take it with a grain of salt. :)

Attachments

• the_witcher_dark_horse_cover.0_cinema_720.0.jpg
    the_witcher_dark_horse_cover.0_cinema_720.0.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Ithlinee's Prophecy at 0:51 of trailer?

Hi,

First of all, forgive my misspelling of "Ithlinne" in the thread title!

Secondly, I was just wondering whether people thought 0:51 in the most recent trailer was showing "The Great White Frost"/Ithlinne's Prophecy? It is the same shot where Ciri is shown. It looks rather similar to the post-apocalyptic world seen at the end of the Witcher 1, with the ruins looking like the same ruins where Geralt fights Grand Master Jaques de Aldersberg and the King of the Wild Hunt.

Thanks

Last edited:
A little less snowy, and it looks alot different to me, but people have said that it looks like it before. And since in my mind, I have excluded the possibilities of the tower being Tor Lara, or Tor Zirael, I have no idea on where the tower might be.

The voice that is attributed to one of the leaders of the Wild Hunt, does speak of the prophecy though. I'm thinking they were talking about the war though, not so much about the eventual "frostification!" of the world, since that situation lies quite far away in the future.

Last edited:
There aren't actually THAT many spoilers in the trailers. Though I would avoid the Debut Trailer if I were you until you finished TW2.
Also, I would not necessarily hang around in this thread (no offense, but kinda spoiler-heavy here.

As for TW2, get going man, play TW1 and then go to TW2, it's one hell of a ride :D
Sorry I just figured out I get messages at the top so I am just seeing this reply now. Sorry to ignore you and thank you for the advice.

Top Bottom