Votes: 28 6.9%
  • Ida Emean

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Assire var Anahid

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Fringilla Vigo

Votes: 77 18.9%

• Total voters
So...I just replayed TW2 and guess what? I found another thing to complain about regarding the Lodge's treatment. Shocking, right? :D So from what I understood Sheala was planning to become Henselt's advisor...wich makes zero sense. She already has a position in Kovir. How can she be an advisor to the monarchs of two different kindoms? :dizzy: Or she was going to give up her position in Kovir? It that's the case it still doesn't make much sense. Kovir is the richest kindom in the North, Sheala is known and respected there. It's just stupid to give all that up for Kaedwen. And if the Lodge was that desperate to have someone to manipulate advise Henselt why didn't they pick Keira? She was perfectly free at the time. Oh my poor Lodge. What have they done to you? :crybaby:

So from what I understood Sheala was planning to become Henselt's advisor...wich makes zero sense.
I noticed it too, when played TW2 for the first time. I simply can not understand - why take a respected sorceress from Kovir, who already was good friend of the queen and was greatly respected by Tancred who listened to her and did what she wants (and she wanted him to be wise man, not fuck around and get education, lol, what an evil hag! How could she?). From her castle in Kovir she came to Flotsam tohund the beast herself (!) and to live in the brothel, then in Henselt's camp, lived in the tent. And this is the great madame de Tancarville who dressed in silk, diamonds and pearls? Oh, come on!
And second - there was a info she is poor as a church mouse. Do not remember this shit from the books, and I searched all of them over to find text that claims she lives in some half-broken castle and is very poor. There is nothing I can find, but witcher wiki claims that it is true. Maybe someone can find answer or wiki takes info only from the games?

I think the reason why Sile wanted to become Henselt' s advisor was to secure their magical state of Upper Aedirn.

After Saskia won, Sile and Philippa' s plans were going pretty well.

Saskia was to become the Queen of Upper Aedirn with Philippa as her advisor who completely controlled her.

Dethmold was executed which was just what they had wanted and now they just needed someone at Henselt' s court to keep an eye on him in case he wants to attack again. (Or plan another assassination once their new state grows in strength and numbers and is strong enough to attack Kaedwen? )

If she was up in Kovir, she would be unable to meddle in politics between Upper Aedirn and Kaedwen. Besides, the indication that she was running out of money might have been a suggestion that she was out of favor at the Koviri court already.

As Sile was capable of teleporting over long distances using the megascope, I suspect she only stuck around in the brothel and the camp instead of commuting because of Letho. After Foltest's death, she and Phil were a little panicky over the possibility of someone finding out their connection with him.

OMFG! I just noticed something. The last paragraph in Sabrina's journal entry:
It cost Geralt a great deal of sweat, but he finally found a solution to the problem. Sabrina's spirit finally found solace, and the curse she had placed on Henselt was lifted.

Really!? Really, Dandelion!? Does this look like solace to you!?

No. This is a true solace for her:

I'm actually quite happy that Henselt is dead in TW3 no matter what :D

Last edited:
OMFG! I just noticed something. The last paragraph in Sabrina's journal entry:
It cost Geralt a great deal of sweat, but he finally found a solution to the problem. Sabrina's spirit finally found solace, and the curse she had placed on Henselt was lifted.

Really!? Really, Dandelion!? Does this look like solace to you!?

I have to agree. Sabrina's ghost has to go through being burned at the stake again before the guy who burned her the first time stabs her.... Radovid is right: Geralt is the best witch hunter- he even burns dead witches!

It's a real pity they killed off Sabrina- after Philippa she's the most interesting of the bunch. Once Letho's connection with Nilfgaard was revealed she probably would have demanded an end to the Lodge's political neutrality and the expulsion of Fringilla from the group. A schism within the Lodge would have been a fun plot point. Plus we know that Keira, Triss, and Sabrina like to go on road trips to explode castles.

Too bad Lodge is not exist in TW3. I think it would be interesting to see how Lodge will act in this situation with the new war. Or just imagine that among rulers who will rule the North (Emhyr, Radovid or Dijkstra) in the end could be Lodge. (As "eminence grise" I suppose).

So...Looks like this bit of dialogue was cut from TW3.
fringilla_vigo_default.w2scene:

Fringilla Vigo: Yes, Geralt?

Geralt choice: Who's Cantarella? (sq306_completed)

Geralt: Cantarella - who is she, really? She mentioned you knew each other.
Fringilla Vigo: You ran into her? Her real name is Carthia van Canten, Assire's former collaborator. She's very… talented.
Geralt: Spied for you?
Fringilla Vigo: Not just for us, probably. I doubt she wishes any harm upon me or other sorceresses, but one must be very careful what one says in her presence.
Geralt: Seemed like you'd told her quite a lot about me.
Fringilla Vigo: You ought to feel flattered, then. That makes you famous on both banks of the Yaruga.
A real shame, it's the only time when poor Assire is actually mentioned in the game :(

Try the console command addfact(sq306_completed) on the boat in Battle Preparations before talking to her. If that makes the topic available and work correctly, then it may be a bug.

Edit: the dialogue works fine with the command.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Really? Weird, it never appeared in any of my playthroughs. So maybe it's a bug.

Not sure if it's a bug, the conversation with Fringilla implies that Geralt talked about her with Cantarella, which doesn't happen in the actual quest. Perhaps it's changed in the final version of "High Stakes", so leftover remained

Yes, the dialogue is available if the quest "sq306_maverick" is completed, and I guess that is the Gwent quest in Novigrad.

A very fitting name :D

It's quite amusing that in TW1 Triss talks so openly with Geralt about the Lodge, but in TW2 she's surprised that he knows about its existence :lol:
[video=youtube;ZHwa-7LBfV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwa-7LBfV4[/video]
At 1:59:30 and then again at 2:34:30. Interestingly, in the Russian version they talk about the Council of Mages instead. Wich also makes no sense since the Council doesn't even exist at that time.

It's quite amusing that in TW1 Triss talks so openly with Geralt about the Lodge, but in TW2 she's surprised that he knows about its existence :lol:

A relatively minor issue compared to being replaced with a different character between the two games.

A relatively minor issue compared to being replaced with a different character between the two games.

True :D I guess we can headcanon that the character from TW1 was actually an evil doppler who stole Triss' identity and locked her in the basement. Hence why the real Triss doesn't remember telling Geralt about the Lodge in TW2.

And people slam TW3 plot for being a bad follow-up to TW2 :rolleyes:

:facepalm2:

Yes there are always special points of interesting in the threads on that people always pounce. But if you look exactly to the story and the connection between the TW1, TW2 and TW3 you find a lot of bigger and smaller inconsistencies. But anyway it's a great game! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
At 1:59:30 and then again at 2:34:30. Interestingly, in the Russian version they talk about the Council of Mages instead. Wich also makes no sense since the Council doesn't even exist at that time.

IIRC she didn't tell him that she is a member of the Lodge. So when in TW2 she asks "How do you know about the Lodge" I thought it means - "How do you know about me as a member of the Lodge"

Top Bottom