Votes: 28 6.9%
  • Ida Emean

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Assire var Anahid

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Fringilla Vigo

Votes: 77 18.9%

• Total voters
Something has suddenly occurred to me...We don't know Margarita's nationality! We constantly hear in the books: Philippa Eilhart of Tretogor, Sheala de Tancarville of Creyden,Triss Merigold of Maribor, Keira Metz of Carreras, Sabrina Glevissig of Ard Carraigh... But Rita was always referred to simply as Margarita Laux-Antille. I wonder why her nationality was never mentioned? Is she so apolitical that she gave it up?

Guest 3847602

Zyvik;n9278621 said:
Something has suddenly occurred to me...We don't know Margarita's nationality! We constantly hear in the books: Philippa Eilhart of Tretogor, Sheala de Tancarville of Creyden,Triss Merigold of Maribor, Keira Metz of Carreras, Sabrina Glevissig of Ard Carraigh... But Rita was always referred to simply as Margarita Laux-Antille. I wonder why her nationality was never mentioned? Is she so apolitical that she gave it up?

Good question. Is there anything in the books about Ilona Laux-Antille origin?
But yes, I remember Margarita claiming multiple times she's completely apolitical and only ever cared about her school and students. She'd certainly disliked to be associated with any country in particular.

ooodrin;n9311221 said:
Is there anything in the books about Ilona Laux-Antille origin?

Unfortunately not. Ilona gets a mention in Sapkowsi's Dynastic Descriptions but nothing concrete about her origin.

ooodrin;n9311221 said:
She'd certainly disliked to be associated with any country in particular.

That's probably the case. If I remember correctly Tissaia de Vries' (another apolitical sorceress) nationality wasn't mentioned either.

Speaking of Rita. It's embarrassing that her in-game model was never officially "cleaned up". She actually looks quite pretty without all the blood and dirt:

Even her gwent card is all battered up. What the hell?

Guest 3847602

Zyvik;n9314731 said:
Speaking of Rita. It's embarrassing that her in-game model was never officially "cleaned up". She actually looks quite pretty without all the blood and dirt:

It's obviously just a dirty trick to keep Geralt off herself. Philippa really scared her. :D

ooodrin;n9315851 said:
It's obviously just a dirty trick to keep Geralt off herself. Philippa really scared her. :D

lol can't say I blame her, considering that pretty much every of his sorceresses "conquests" ended in some major embarrassment for all of them. Plus getting on Yennefer's bad side would probably lead to her looking even worse than she does now :D

Zyvik;n9315911 said:
lol can't say I blame her, considering that pretty much every of his sorceresses "conquests" ended in some major embarrassment for all of them. Plus getting on Yennefer's bad side would probably lead to her looking even worse than she does now :D

Geralt isn't her type anyway, she only likes those tall handsome elven men ;D

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Rita become political towards the end, she's apolitical up until the coup and then she becomes very engaged in politics, even sitting at the table towards the end, making sure the kings make the right decision :)

And for my point of view Rita and Tissaia have always considered their academy/school as their nation. :>

TheSorceress;n9488381 said:
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Rita become political towards the end, she's apolitical up until the coup and then she becomes very engaged in politics, even sitting at the table towards the end, making sure the kings make the right decision :)

Well, during the Lodge's first meeting she was pretty firm in her apolitical status:
"I am apolitical," Margarita Laux-Antille raised her head. "And my school is apolitical. I mean all political types that exist!"
And her involvement in all the political discussions was always minimal. She'll insert a word here and there, but nothing particicularly important. It always seemed to me that she joined the Lodge just to be up to date with what the magical community was doing at the moment. And to make sure that her students would be safe. But I doubt she was really invested in the Lodge's political plans. She's actually the only sorceress apart from Francesca and Ida who didn't do any "assignments" for Philippa.

What I find funny is how vexed the Lodge is with Geralt in the books especially with how events kept swirling around him . Also the irony of Yen being in the position she is in in Witcher 3 compared to the position she was in with the Lodge in the books . If Yen was petty the Lodge would or could have been exterminated by her request .

I don't understand why people are upset about Frigilla . Yes she was a romantic interlude with Geralt but she was a tool by the Lodge to try and keep Geralt in check . By the end of the game the Lodge is a non-factor anyway you slice it .

Well, personally I don't like when the games use important characters from the books and do nothing with them. What was even the point of bringing Fringilla and Rita into TW3 if they have nothing to say or to do? Though I guess it's still better than what they did with Assire :confused:

dmcaldw;n9497431 said:
If Yen was petty the Lodge would or could have been exterminated by her request.

You might be onto something. :p The new forum rules do not allow discussion of leaked or data mined content, though, and some people are also too quick to jump to conclusions from incomplete data, so I would rather not tell more.

Last edited:
ooodrin;n9505021 said:
Assire? Still better than off-screen entity with drug addiction

Oh, that's right. I almost forgot about those fugly gwent cards :eek: But at least she still has a chance to appear in the sequel (if they ever make one). And hopefully she won't look like a Goblin Queen.

ooodrin;n9505021 said:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...lodge-in-act-3

Zyvik;n9505171 said:

Actually, many people seem to wonder about this possibility without ever having heard of the deleted content, or are frustrated that there is no way to kill Philippa. It just seems odd that Yennefer would completely forgive even Philippa. Not to mention, it is insinuated in the game that the Lodge (or at least the 3 or so remaining members) has plans with Ciri again, one would think it would make sense to try to stop them.

Guest 3847602

Zyvik;n9505171 said:
But at least she still has a chance to appear in the sequel (if they ever make one). And hopefully she won't look like a Goblin Queen.

Maybe, but I seriously doubt it. Gwent SP campaign is probably her best chance of appearing in any game.

Zyvik;n9505171 said:

Well, it's deleted, so I'm more like...

sv3672;n9505311 said:
It just seems odd that Yennefer would completely forgive even Philippa.

Yennefer may not like Philippa, but it doesn't mean she wants her dead. If she did she'd sell the Lodge out in the books when they actually intended to make Ciri a member by force.

sv3672;n9505311 said:
Not to mention, it is insinuated in the game that the Lodge (or at least the 3 or so remaining members) has plans with Ciri again

Yennefer made the deal with Emhyr regarding the Lodge long before she knew about any of their plans. Also Yennefer herself says that Rita won't harm Ciri and Fringilla wasn't even present at their little "chat."

sv3672;n9505311 said:
one would think it would make sense to try to stop them.

It doesn't make much sense to me. The Lodge is broken in TW3. Sheala, Assire and Sabrina (the most active members besides Philippa) are dead. Triss, Keira, Francesca and Ida don't seem to be interested in regoining it. Margarita has no interest in politics and Fringilla has no power outside of Toussaint. Wich means the only problem is Philippa. And even she is not much of a problem. What can she possibly do to Ciri? Nothing. She's a wanted woman, she has no political power. Her plans to become Ciri's advisor are ridicolous and will never come to fruition. So Yennefer has nothing to worry about.

Zyvik;n9505551 said:
Yennefer may not like Philippa, but it doesn't mean she wants her dead. If she did she'd sell the Lodge out in the books when they actually intended to make Ciri a member by force.

Not a convincing argument. Just because someone does not do something once, it does not mean they cannot do it later under different circumstances. Not to mention it is not said anywhere that she would have intentionally sold the Lodge out knowing that all of them would die (in fact, even in the few deleted lines it is said that the others would only "possibly" die), let alone why.

Yennefer made the deal with Emhyr regarding the Lodge long before she knew about any of their plans. Also Yennefer herself says that Rita won't harm Ciri and Fringilla wasn't even present at their little "chat."

We do not know if the Lodge's "betrayal" was already a part of the deal between Emhyr and Yennefer or if it is something that was decided later, what (if anything) Yennefer's role was in it other than collecting all the Lodge members, and what changed between the time when the deal was made and the deleted scene. Particularly around The Sunstone, where Philippa sounds more threatening, her plans apparently change after Ciri rejects the offer to join the Lodge, but they are never fully explained. There is just not enough information, and from past experience this seems to be one of those topics about which it is difficult to have a sensible discussion, so I leave it at that.

Wich means the only problem is Philippa. And even she is not much of a problem. What can she possibly do to Ciri?

Something similar to what she did to Saskia. After all, she talks in The Sunstone about Yennefer being imprisoned if she tries to interfere, how could empress Ciri allow that to happen while still being herself? With mind control, it would also be easy to become Ciri's advisor. Of course, that is only a theory, but Philippa can always be a problem.

Last edited:
sv3672;n9505961 said:
Something similar to what she did to Saskia. After all, she talks in The Sunstone about Yennefer being imprisoned if she tries to interfere, how could empress Ciri allow that to happen while still being herself? With mind control, it would also be easy to become Ciri's advisor.

I'm sure Geralt and Triss would notice if Ciri started behaving out of character. The latter is the head of the Brotherhood and pretty much has all the Northern mages at her disposal. Philippa has no one.

Zyvik;n9506081 said:
I'm sure Geralt and Triss would notice if Ciri started behaving out of character. The latter is the head of the Brotherhood and pretty much has all the Northern mages at her disposal. Philippa has no one.

By then, it would be too late, Philippa would have the empress of Nilfgaard and the power of Elder Blood under her control. Then again, it was just a theory to illustrate that Philippa can indeed still be dangerous if she wants to. I do not know what CDPR's writers really had in mind, but they are not incompetent, so it is not unreasonable to think that the characters involved in the deleted content would have had good reasons to do whatever they would have done.

Last edited:
sv3672;n9506171 said:
By then, it would be too late, Philippa would have the empress of Nilfgaard and the power of Elder Blood under her control. Then again, it was just a theory to illustrate that Philippa can indeed still be dangerous if she wants to. I do not know what CDPR's writers really had in mind, but they are not incompetent, so it is not unreasonable to think that the characters involved in the deleted content would have had good reasons to do whatever they would have done.

I have to agree with that. Philippa shouldn't be around any ruler becouse she will always try to find a way to manipulate them and she will have the power. She wanna to use Ciri in her dirty politics and definitely do it again if she will have the chance. Yennefer can see that and I wouldn't be suprise if she will wanna get rid of her for which I woudn't blame her. Good Philippa is dead Philippa. We cannot even warn Yennefer that Phillipa threatened her. If the quest looked like Yennefer betrayed Philippa it's ok but not if she betrayed others but the whole idea of betraying Philippa wasn't bad in my opinion. She will have her reasons.

YenneferB;n9506341 said:
If the quest looked like Yennefer betrayed Philippa it's ok but not if she betrayed others but the whole idea of betraying Philippa wasn't bad in my opinion. She will have her reasons.

She might have her reasons, but using Philippa to help them against the Hunt just to sell her out later is vile. And it makes Yennefer no better than Philippa. It actually makes her worse, since Phil never used any of her fellow sorceresses just to betray them.

Top Bottom