The longer I play, the more frustrated I get

+
I did my first playthrough nearly two years ago. Back then it was mostly just running and shooting through everything, unlocking several endings by accident and then uninstalling it after the side missions werent appealing to me. This and last week I spent my time playing through it twice. Im going for 100% this time. In my second run I noticed the side missions are actually interesting and with my discovery how to utilize quickhacks I had more fun than before.

But whats ruining it for me are things like the terrible driving experience. Bikes are fine but cars are nearly unplayable. One tiny key hit and cars do a 45° turn. I already moved the steering sensitivity down but it doesnt seem to have any impact. Driving a car through the dense city just isnt fun while its fine with a bike. I tested some driving mods but none seem to work anymore. And the map not zooming out more so we can see the path past two seconds of driving almost makes me paranoid while driving because the nav system could send me through ten small streets instead of a long straight road directly to my destination. Hell, it takes seven seconds for cars and bikes to come to a full stop! Right now what bugs me are boot gadgets like the fortified ankles that can prevent fall damage on short falls but dont work at all on large drops. Then after every mission the tracker automatically gets set to nocturna opp55n1. Some implants with passive effects ruin stealth approaches because pinging a single enemy alerts the entire building.

It just feels like a beta sometimes. Its just mindblowing how these problems are still in the game after two years and an announcement of an upcoming DLC. Its like the devs never really played their own game.

Right now what bugs me are boot gadgets like the fortified ankles that can prevent fall damage on short falls but dont work at all on large drops.
Only a clothe mod can decrease fall damages, and even, it don't avoid to die by falling from very high... Like that since day one.
Some implants with passive effects ruin stealth approaches because pinging a single enemy alerts the entire building.
I suppose you talk about QHs, not Cyberwares/implants....
So yep, legendary "offensive" QHs have passive effects which can alert all enemies on the network, when you perform a QH (any, Ping included) on them. Like Weapon Glitch or Cripple Movement. If you want to be stealth, you don't need an offensive QH equiped, so unequip it and it should be fine :)

try adjusting your game settings to make driving more pleasant if you are using a keyboard. These are my settings, I really do not find driving difficult at all with the keyb. Failing that if you have a controller try using that

Attachments

• 1651243625822.png
    1651243625822.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 135

Guest 4561861

The braking really got bad this last update. I don't understand how each update fixes some things, and breaks other.
The quickhack problem I notice has gotten better. If the timer for revealing location runs out then the enemies will find you. If I need to, I hit them againto bring them down before that.
I've put hundreds of hours into this game so I enjoy playing, but except for combat, almost everything game-wise seems like an interactive cutscenes. Sit. Stand. Talk to Carol. Follow River. No choices, just press a button to do the next thing they want you to do. Follow they orange ball.

Only a clothe mod can decrease fall damages, and even, it don't avoid to die by falling from very high... Like that since day one.
You can activate certain jump gadgets in mid air to prevent or reduce fall damage. But this doesnt work if there is a deadly hight involved. Its like the game checks the hight and prevents the use of the boot implant.

legendary "offensive" QHs have passive effects which can alert all enemies on the network
Pinging isnt an offensive quickhack. And when I remove certain implant mods the pinging doesnt alert the entire network. The passive effects are not supposed to turn pinging into an offensive effect. Pinging spreads by default to the entire network. Adding implants with a passive spread effect should not further affect pinging. It doesnt even make sense. Whats it going to do? Give pinging a double spread effect but its actually bugged without adding that to any tooltip of the implants? Passive spread effects are for actual offensive quickhacks where they work as intended.

try adjusting your game settings to make driving more pleasant if you are using a keyboard.
I wrote I adjusted them but they dont have any effect... And your screenshot shows the steering sensitivity at 100. The other options are for the camera, not for driving. There is no mouse driving and I dont have a controller. I should not need either.

I really do not find driving difficult at all with the keyb.
My mechanic said something similar when I brought in my broken car. He kept talking about how fine his car was. Somehow that helped he thought.

Driving cars in this game was horrible

Its almost like the designer had never driven a car or truck before

Driving is even worse when driving through the desert because it feels like driving through a frozen ocean. The waves and low gravity are just absurd. My cars look like they went through a demolition derby race after. They should have made the desert abit smoother.

I actually tried several driving mods but none had any impact.

Pinging isnt an offensive quickhack. And when I remove certain implant mods the pinging doesnt alert the entire network. The passive effects are not supposed to turn pinging into an offensive effect. Pinging spreads by default to the entire network. Adding implants with a passive spread effect should not further affect pinging. It doesnt even make sense. Whats it going to do? Give pinging a double spread effect but its actually bugged without adding that to any tooltip of the implants? Passive spread effects are for actual offensive quickhacks where they work as intended.
If you read Legendary descriptions of some "offensive" QHs :
Cripple Movement > Passive while equipped: enemies under the effect of any quickhack cannot sprint.
Cyberpsychosis > Passive while equipped: enemies under the effect of any quickhack will no longer try to avoid friendly fire.

So no matter the QH you uploaded (Optic Reboot, Contagion, Overheat, System Reset,...), the passive effect is applied and alert enemies, even Ping which is, obviously a QH.
So in short, when you use Ping, you also upload Cripple Movement for no more additional RAM cost... But it alert enemies...

These passive effects are pretty usefull in combat, you simply upload a Ping (affect all the enemies) and all the enemies without any exception in the area can no longer sprint. As expected, "Offensive" QHs are intended to be used in combat. If you try to sneak, don't equip them, simple as that ;)
Post automatically merged:

You can activate certain jump gadgets in mid air to prevent or reduce fall damage. But this doesnt work if there is a deadly hight involved. Its like the game checks the hight and prevents the use of the boot implant.
I think there is a cooldown for the double jump... You can't jump into the void, wait bunch of seconds and active the double jump to avoid taking damage... It simply don't work like that and never worked like that.

Th third person camera I found made the biggest difference rather than the steering sensitivity which I reduced to 3 in the screenshot. I play on PC, my game cannot be that different to yours. I have no driving mods installed.

If you read Legendary descriptions of some "offensive" QHs :
Except I didnt use those.

You can't jump into the void, wait bunch of seconds and active the double jump to avoid taking damage...
I use the hover thruster ankles which work perfectly when jumping from the first or second floor of a building but beyond that they dont. And the screen turning grey when the falling hight is deadly confirms the game checks the hight and prevents these specific feet implants to be used.

Th third person camera I found made the biggest difference rather than the steering sensitivity
The car camera is the third person camera which has absolutely nothing to do with driving controls.
Im sitting in my cthuluh right now, playing with the controls in your screenshot and none have any impact on the insane oversensitivity of the controls. No driving mods either because none of them work anymore.

Never played GTA5. Not very interesting story and charcaters for my personal taste.

Have you tried this?

Last edited:
Except I didnt use those.
Maybe I badly explained :)
You don't need to "use" them to trigger the passive effect... Simply have them equiped on your Cyberdeck.
Hence : "Passive while equiped" in the description.

If you have these offensive QHs equiped on your Cyberdeck, if you perform a Ping, all the QH passive effects which are triggered by any QH, will be uploaded too for no additional RAM cost (it's on all the targets affected by the QH, so for Ping, every enemies in the area...)
----------------​
Let's take a short example :
You have legendary Short Circuit and legendary Cripple Movement equiped on your Cyberdeck.
Short Circuit > Passive while equipped: Crit Hits with any weapon apply this quickhack's uncommon effect.
Cripple Movement > Passive while equipped: enemies under the effect of any quickhack cannot sprint.
You fight Sasquatch.
  • You don't use any QH at all but you deal a crit damage with your gun.
  • The legendary Short Circuit passive ability is triggered, so the Short Circuit level 1 effect is uploaded for "free".
  • Then, Sasquatch is under a QH effect (Short Circuit level 1), so Cripple Movement passive ability is triggered and uploaded for "free".
AT the end, you don't use any QH, but she's affected by two QH effects in a row by simply dealing a crit damage.
----------------​
It's like that since 1.2, so more than a year now.
But if you think that there is a bug in your game (it work as intended for me), feel free to send ticket to the support ;)

Last edited:
I really don't get some people's complaints about the driving in this game. At least not anymore. All the cars have been fixed and it's a joy to drive around Night City now. Of course if you're at 100km/h and try to take a harsh turn you're going to crash...
Reasonable speed and good handling of your acceleration and the brakes makes for mighty fine driving in Cyberpunk 2077. I mean, just like a real car...?

Guest 4561861

I really don't get some people's complaints about the driving in this game. At least not anymore. All the cars have been fixed and it's a joy to drive around Night City now. Of course if you're at 100km/h and try to take a harsh turn you're going to crash...
Reasonable speed and good handling of your acceleration and the brakes makes for mighty fine driving in Cyberpunk 2077. I mean, just like a real car...?
I've been driving real cars for 40 years. When I press the brake pedals my cars stop. In CP2077 the cars often keep going, even when V was driving a reasonable speed, same as the cars ahead. The 2 cars ahead of V stop,
brakes or no Vs car just slides along right into the car ahead of it. It didn't used to be like this, but it changed in the latest updates.
Also, some cars just accelerate too quickly. I know some real cars do that, but I can control the the pressure on the pedal. In this game, it's either full on or full off..
I'm surprised neither Rogue nor Johnny complain about how V treats his Porsche.

Edit. Changed some cats to cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been driving real cars for 40 years. When I press the brake pedals my cars stop. In CP2077 the cats often keep going, even when V was driving a reasonable speed, same as the cats ahead. The 2 cats ahead of V stop,
brakes or no Vs car just slides along right into the car ahead of it. It didn't used to be like this, but it changed in the latest updates.
Also, some cars just accelerate too quickly. I know some real cars do that, but I can control the the pressure on the pedal. In this game, it's either full on or full off..
I'm surprised neither Rogue nor Johnny complain about how V treats his Porsche.

Do you play with a keyboard or a controller? I forgot to take this into account, but driving is obviously much easier with a controller (which I use) since you can perfectly control both acceleration, speed limit and the brakes.

As for cars not stopping quick enough, I do agree, though this is a thing on some cars and not others. I distinctly remember the Quadra type cars like the Javelina and the Avenger to have really good brakes despite being some of the fastest vehicules in the game (the Javelina especially is imo the best vehicule in the game for that, amazing brake, good top speed and amazing handling) while others like Johnny's Porsche or the Quadra Turbo-Rs do have terrible brakes.

This is what I am like driving with the keyboard.. I mean it isn't as good as the controller, but it is far from unplayable. I'm not being particularly careful, not particulartly slowing down for turns but trying to slide round them.

and with a controller back in 3.1 still getting used to controllers, I keep using the keyb because I am lazy

Last edited:
Top Bottom