The look-alike thread

+
The original artwork for Shani looked very much like Natalie Portman...

Attachments

• 2908725-dlc.jpg
    2908725-dlc.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 52
TOo bad there's no mods out there to make Geralt as real as in the Killing Monsters trailer. So realistic.

Attachments

• geralt.jpg
    geralt.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 60
Well, it is CGI after all! Not sure any mod or mod creator could replicate that. That's not to say a very talented person couldn't get the face structure as or close to being accurate. Platige image are extremely talented, they make some of the best gaming trailers/intros I've had the pleasure of viewing. It would be cool to also see a modded Geralt from the 'A Night to Remember' cinematic.
The 'A Night to Remember' trailer was absolutely incredible! Easily one of my all-time favorite cinematic game trailers, along side Killing monsters, The Trail and the intro cinematic Witcher 2:The Assassination of King Demavend. ETA: WOW, last but not least, I cannot believe I forgot to mention the intro to the first Witcher. I love the battle with the striga/Adda, another Platige image classic.

BTW, the image you posted is from the intro to TW3, named 'The Trail'.

Last edited:
Well, it is CGI after all! Not sure any mod or mod creator could replicate that. That's not to say a very talented person couldn't get the face structure as or close to being accurate. Platige image are extremely talented, they make some of the best gaming trailers/intros I've had the pleasure of viewing. Be cool to also see a modded Geralt from the 'A Night to Remember' cinematic. That trailer was incredible! Easily one of my all-time favorite game cinematic trailers, along side Killing monsters.

True, although "A Night to remember" was so firmly through the uncanny valley for a few seconds it was creepy. Still it's a wonderful micro movie... the reason Geralt looks so vastly different from his ingame model is mostly due to lighting and textures, which can not be really done on that level with the game engine. There is mod that tried, didn't really pan out...

True, although "A Night to remember" was so firmly through the uncanny valley for a few seconds it was creepy. Still it's a wonderful micro movie... the reason Geralt looks so vastly different from his ingame model is mostly due to lighting and textures, which can not be really done on that level with the game engine. There is mod that tried, didn't really pan out...
Oh I agree. It reminded me of the 3D motion-cap technique used in the 2007 Beowulf movie, very impressive indeed. As for modding, yeah, that's why I said it would be very unlikely, at least to get that kind of fidelity. Not positive what the RED engine 3 is fully capable of pertaining to getting the face structure looking similar. As you said, doesn't sound like something that is necessarily easy to do.

I'd like to add - merely going by looks alone, in my unprofessional opinion - RED Engine 3 creates some very life-like and unique looking faces.(Especially so when you consider TW3 is an openworld game) I cannot help but be curious and wait with eager anticipation to see what the next iteration/upgrade has in store for us in the near future! (or is it far future? ;)) CP2077 has a ton of potential!

P.S. - Do you happen to have a link to that mod by chance?

Meh, thought this was a thread about how there's so many clones and twins in the game.
Nope, not the topic at hand. On that front I;d like to just say, it could be better but it could be a lot worse. All things considered, CDPR did a great job (Admirable job truly) However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want anymore variety.

I have a strong suspicion that using UMBRA, consistent loading in the background, no load times for interiors to exteriors (Think Bethesda games - separate cells) and the sheer scope and complexity of the game all around played a big factor. Another key aspect is the amount of unique NPCs you can have on-screen at one time, which in a game of this magnitude, there are going to be limits. Push things too far and the game wouldn't run or not run well for the majority of players ;)

At the end of the day, open world games with the amount of NPCs that are in a game like Witcher 3, it must be an almost unfathomably challenging task to even get everything running and working together nicely.

Linear games, in an isolated and controlled environment make things like having more unique NPCs much more feasible. Plus in most linear games there aren't as many NPCs compared to OW games. Having said that, IMHO, The minor and major characters in TW3 are all fantastic and unique in their own way.

Last edited:
Meh, thought this was a thread about how there's so many clones and twins in the game. But to get on topic, bearded Geralt looks like a white haired Big Boss IMO

Attachments

• 3428510-big+boss.jpg
    3428510-big+boss.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom