The loot of Cyberpunk 2077

+
Well, I'm sadly not a Cyberpunk 2020 savant, so I doubt I'd be able to give it the contextual clarity needed in correlation to the setting, premise, and mechanics. If you want to, you are free to quote me and use it for a thread if you want to bring the subject up. :)

Looting bodies can work if you got the capacity and the skills. You want to sell any worthwhile organs, you need to know how to cut them out without destroying them, and you need to be able to store them. Of course you can't put them in you pockets, nor can you just sling the whole body on your back without alerting the cops. As for armor pieces, cumbersome and heavy, they won't fit into your trousers pockets either. In our Pen&Dice group, our driver had a van instead of a car for exactly that reason.

And please let harvested organs loose value rapidly if you don't decide to immediately and mid-quest leave that corporate tower you been infiltrating to bring the organs to a ripperdoc. the longer you wait with selling them, the more rotten they have to become, the less worth, so it is either get no money at all for organs or abandon your quest...

And please let harvested organs loose value rapidly if you don't decide to immediately and mid-quest leave that corporate tower you been infiltrating to bring the organs to a ripperdoc. the longer you wait with selling them, the more rotten they have to become, the less worth, so it is either get no money at all for organs or abandon your quest...
Agreed. Harvesting cyberware shouldn't be time-sensitive. I'd imagine it'd even be a little easier to harvest cyberware, if the corpse is a lil' over-ripe.

Meat organs, though, totally agreed; they should have a VERY limited expiration date, if they're not on ice.

Errr, agreed, in that case you should allow players to buy containers that prevent that degradation though. It’s 2077, people!

Yeah, sorry. No I haven't.
Well, in that case let me summarize how it works there: The game revolves around corporate agents who are augmented with special hard- and software. The most important part are chips that are implanted in their brains. Now, these are usually the cutting edge of technology and thus worth salvaging. So whenever you eliminated a corporate agent you can rip out his chip with a special tool (see below) to eventually upgrade yourself.
I assumed that the Cyberpunk 2077 universe would allow for a similar technology to exist. It wouldn’t allow you to just pick up all enemy implants and use them for yourself but it would allow you to quickly retrieve some of them from high-level enemies and sell them later. Click here (campaign) and here (co-op) to see the process in action. This “chip rip” is crude and thus takes only a few seconds so “Oh shit, the cops are coming” is not an excuse not to implement it. What you could do is require the player to buy certain tools and/or learn certain skills to do that.

I enjoy looting but even more i love shopping or getting some insanely hard quests (optional) to get the best stuff or upgrades. Ofc looting some badass tech from hidden stash in secret location from secret quest giver ha some "good feelin" too. Its simple. Players in RPGs like customization, merchants, loot and crafting. Having a system based on "guilds" would be cool too. For example something like brotherhood of steel from FLNV. Just another way to get some nice forbidden technology.

Yeah, the chip rip thing wont work, for several reasons. The basic neural rig that allows you to install everything else is integrated with the spinal collum and the data jacks are just slots for your cyberdeck and smart guns. Then there are chip slots. Which allow you to use skills you dont have.

Yeah, the chip rip thing wont work, for several reasons. The basic neural rig that allows you to install everything else is integrated with the spinal collum and the data jacks are just slots for your cyberdeck and smart guns. Then there are chip slots. Which allow you to use skills you dont have.
I imagine skillsofts as not being much more difficult to uninstall than pulling a USB drive.

Though, if they make skillsofts a lootable item off bad guys, again, it should be logical. I wouldn't expect a random Boosterganger to have a +3 Pilot AV chip, or +1 Art History (provided the retired Booster in question even has a chip slot.)

Like several have stated enemies should just drop what they have on them, but they also should drop everything they have on them (Bethesda style). I hate it when guy with uber armor goes down and none of it is in his inventory and if it got damaged just make it so that you can get it repaired or salvage some of it.

Cyberware harvesting sounds cool, but I also think that you shouldn't just be able to install'em to yourself. Maybe they need to be modified or are totally incompatible ($$$).

I think you also should have very limited inventory. Deus Ex size or maybe even bit smaller, or different sizes. Would also be cool if inventory was a visual thing (backpack, briefcase or those legpacks the cop has in teaser).

I also would like to be able to use disguises on some missions like in Hitman, but maybe that is asking too much? Though several rpgs have had those (playing Beyond Divinity atm).

Nobody thought about encumberance ?
Do you have a truck to carry the loot from A to B or do you rent an army of carriers ?

Be realist, looting in WoW or Skyrim is plain nonsense. Where is the truck to carry the 25 piles of rags or the 16 pieces of armor, not considering the 20 blades or so of the average looter ? It participates in the economy of the game : loot for sale. Looting is a way to earn money to pay for stuff or housing.

I do not want CP 2077 to be like that, looting every piece of crap, carrying about 2 tons of useless junk just to sell it and pay for my ammo.
I want to work (black ops / grey ops), to buy things (black / grey / white market) -or steal them, but better be paid to steal things-, to be an edgerunner, and that means lots of contracts (quests).
I do not want to play some crazed looter of the CZ, just eager to kill people for the legendary Eurodollar infinite Credstick (+5 for all financial operation involving Merrill Akasuka & Finch), or the Golden Body Plating of Fame (+5 to rep roll when compared to Johnny Silverhand), or simply it's daily Bliss fix. :)

Do you have a truck to carry the loot from A to B or do you rent an army of carriers ?

Be realist, looting in WoW or Skyrim is plain nonsense. Where is the truck to carry the 25 piles of rags or the 16 pieces of armor, not considering the 20 blades or so of the average looter ? It participates in the economy of the game : loot for sale. Looting is a way to earn money to pay for stuff or housing.

I do not want CP 2077 to be like that, looting every piece of crap, carrying about 2 tons of useless junk just to sell it and pay for my ammo.
I want to work (black ops / grey ops), to buy things (black / grey / white market) -or steal them, but better be paid to steal things-, to be an edgerunner, and that means lots of contracts (quests).
I do not want to play some crazed looter of the CZ, just eager to kill people for the legendary Eurodollar infinite Credstick (+5 for all financial operation involving Merrill Akasuka & Finch), or the Golden Body Plating of Fame (+5 to rep roll when compared to Johnny Silverhand), or simply it's daily Bliss fix. :)
Well I mentioned inventory size. Didn't think about encumberance, but now that I do.. I believe if the inventory would be Deus Ex size then you ran out of room before it gets too heavy just like in real life (unless you plan on moving furniture ;) . I know carrying machine gun and few rocket launchers long way is pain in the ass, but let's leave some wiggle room for the game.
As far as I'm concerened those ratpacks who wanna sell everything can run back and forth :p

I respectfully disagree : carrying a rocket launcher, a machine gun or the latest marvel from Rheinmetall is not acceptable in most part of any city.
Unless you want some action.

I respectfully disagree : carrying a rocket launcher, a machine gun or the latest marvel from Rheinmetall is not acceptable in most part of any city.
Unless you want some action.
Cool sounds smart. My point was just basically to the weight limit that if I can pull that of so should the player in game too.

I think half the fun of the PnP game is watching the players grab some dead bodies and take them to a ripper doc for their cybernetics.

Obviously there should be a limit to what you can carry. However, if you don't want to be a crazy looter, thats fine, don't be... but thats no reason not to allow other people to be one.

And while you your self might be limited to what you can carry around... it would be enormously awesome if you could use your vehicles trunk to store things in... not sure if something like that is necessarily possible... Maybe if they implement it that only one vehicle can be used in such a manner at any given time, or that the vehicles "share" trunk space, but only after they have been "saved" in your garage... that would definitely be kind of cool. That way you can have access to your big guns, without wandering around with them on your back, and inviting all sorts of trouble.

At your safe house(S) there could be an option to transfer items to and from your trunk....

Wow......... that really would be fucking sweet.

The discussion over in the vehicle thread got me to thinking.

I'd like to see an encumberance system put in place. And one that makes sense, too; in Fallout 3 / New Vegas, you could load up additional gear until the cows came home, and take the LOOONG walk back home, if you chose. (Friend of mine actually did this; took 2 - 3 hours, real time, to walk back to Megaton, just because he didn't want to drop or leave anything along the way.)

I figure that they can set thresholds, based off of your Stats.

At threshold (w), you're at 3/4 speed and jump (provided they give you the ability to jump.)
At threshold (x), you're at 1/2 speed.
At threshold (y), you're at 1/4 speed.
If you actually meet threshold (z), you're not moving anywhere. How much do you REALLY want that Gibson armorjacket and those smartgoggles, and what are you willing to leave behind for it?

The discussion over in the vehicle thread got me to thinking.

I'd like to see an encumberance system put in place. And one that makes sense, too; in Fallout 3 / New Vegas, you could load up additional gear until the cows came home, and take the LOOONG walk back home, if you chose. (Friend of mine actually did this; took 2 - 3 hours, real time, to walk back to Megaton, just because he didn't want to drop or leave anything along the way.)

I figure that they can set thresholds, based off of your Stats.

At threshold (w), you're at 3/4 speed and jump (provided they give you the ability to jump.)
At threshold (x), you're at 1/2 speed.
At threshold (y), you're at 1/4 speed.
If you actually meet threshold (z), you're not moving anywhere. How much do you REALLY want that Gibson armorjacket and those smartgoggles, and what are you willing to leave behind for it?
Thank god for the hardcore difficulty in New Vegas though. In it ammo weighted also, but I still think you could carry bit too much.

Obviously there should be a limit to what you can carry. However, if you don't want to be a crazy looter, thats fine, don't be... but thats no reason not to allow other people to be one.

You miss the point that looting is part of the game mechanics. It is a mean given to the players to earn money easily by selling stuff no one would buy to shop owners. They may so buy better stuff and houses and have drinks and see girls. Well, forget the part about the girls, even if rated PEGI 18 :)

Will CP 2077 have the same stance toward money and game economics ? I don't know. I just hope not.

Top Bottom