The loot system is garbage

+
Like on this forum we haven't recommended CDPR for over 2 years not to make such looting/progression system... And that's exactly what we got and, surprise surprise, everybody complains and say it's pure shit. And unimmersive to say the least.

There is just simply too much. I dont want to even pick anything up any more because its overwhelming and I dont care about what im collecting - I mean the "junk section" it feels like im literally just scavanging garbage. And the guns - why does literally every guy drop a gun? I have to stop on literally every kill to see if maybe the dropped a gun stronger than one of mine, and of course I cant check as I pick them up everytime so end up with 10 identacle guns in my inventory I have to scan through to find out what ones I need to scrap. Yeah scrap, because vendors are useless. Why do they exist? There isnt any point in buying guns, or food or drinks. And the health boosters? I pick up to many to use.

And the clothing - why do I only pick up clothing items that enemies werent wearing? Why is there just a random chance for them to drop a seemingly random clothing item.

The whole entire system is just totally garbage and by far the worst thing bar the bugs.
NOW do you see why Kellie at Gamespot said she didn't bother to buy clothes or use crafting?

Everyone bashed her for not finishing the game, even though she played over 50 hours and finished it.

She was right. Most of the systems in the game are just not needed due to the sheer amount of stuff you pick up.

Maybe everyone won't be so quick to best reviewers that ALWAYS have more experience with any game then the general public.

Should be an option to "dismantle all junk" in one go, theres a lot very basic options that have been standard in games forc20 years, that are missing. Especially to do with accessibility options. Considering they had SO LONG to do this game properly, the amount of basics they forgot to put into the game is soul destroying. Very VERY poor CDPR. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🙄

I think it's more about...ok there's too much loot and it's very invasive, it's ok for a guy to drop a gun and I really stopped lpooting after 10 hours because I have far too much materials money etc it's not even needed. What I ask to CDPR is why do you put vendors if you can get the same or even better stuff from the floor anywhere? Why do you give every single piece of drink and meals the same attributes? Why should I buy it from a vendor if there's no reason to get better stuff or , god forbids that, a cool SPECIFIC animation in eating or drinking at a bar since you are so "perfectionists"? It's feacking inventory simulator 77.

Yeah the lack of interactions in the world is a dissaopointment :( Or animations for drinking or eating at bars/restaruants .. they are sadly absolutelly obsolete cause you cant even get a hooker there

I had the same problem with Witcher 2 and 3. Lots of loot everywhere with the vendors only purpose being to get money out off them. Didn't detract too badly in those games but I can see it being a bigger issue here since you are playing your own character living in this world rather than playing Geralt and exploring the world. That's my take on it until I get to play

Too much loot making anything related to economy or vendors utterly useless, Clunky inventory, Tons of stuff you don't care or need, unorganized, unexplained, unclear, messy, eyes hurting and , in the end, Cheap and gamey.
I was 3 hours into the game and back at my apt trying to figure out how to simply swap out my clothes or weapons. I finally had to google it to see I was in the wrong menu.....WHY!!!!!!!!

You don't need to pick up every single item or weapon, look at it, pick it up if it's good, if it's useful for you, if not, just leave it

Absolutelly not and hard disagree ... I love there is enough loot and hope they wont listen in that area so the next CDPR game dont wind up like AC Valhalla with its lame almost non existent loot and rewards.

I dont mind selling or dismantling 90% of the items I find one bit. You either get money or tons of crafting parts you use for upgrading the epic/legendary weapons and gear you acutally use so I dont see a problem there at all.
Non-existent loot and rewards in Valhalla!!!!?????? What game are you playing, it's certainly not Valhalla. The loot is perfect you just have to know where to look to get the armor sets and the weapons. What weren't you getting in Valhalla that you thought you should?

As far as Cyberpunk I only have 3-4 hours in. I'm picking up mostly junk based on the inspection from inside the apt. Took me an hour to figure out how to swap my gear but the weapons I found were different and interesting, from handguns, to SMG's to shotty's.

They need to at least change selling a stack of items without the stupid "choose amount" popup being the default. I would rather just spam the button selling 1 at a time, but it isn't an option.

And being able to sell with just a rightclick after choosing amount. Currently you have to click at the sell button.

Last edited:
Sounds like they could just have a 'dismantle all' option in the menu to solve this. The latest AC games did something similar and it works fine.

Non-existent loot and rewards in Valhalla!!!!?????? What game are you playing, it's certainly not Valhalla. The loot is perfect you just have to know where to look to get the armor sets and the weapons. What weren't you getting in Valhalla that you thought you should?

As far as Cyberpunk I only have 3-4 hours in. I'm picking up mostly junk based on the inspection from inside the apt. Took me an hour to figure out how to swap my gear but the weapons I found were different and interesting, from handguns, to SMG's to shotty's.

Yeah no man its complete garbage in Valhalla :DD ... there is like 10 armor sets and 20 weapons in the whole game its a complete joke ... not to mention that most gear you find is by going to the dot on map and loot chest :D no gear rewards for killing elites, for killing bosses, for doing quests or for doing side activities nothing ... its complete garbage

Cyberpunk in comparison to this is a complete heaven ... and if you find it too many just dont pick up the junk no one is forcing you ... see there is the differnce why Cyberpunk loot system is fine and Valhalla is a complete garbage in comparison ... Here if you find it too many and think most of loot is junk you just dont have to pick up the loot and pick up just the epic/legendary ones here problem solved ... in Valhalla if you want more loot drops in the game then friend you are out of your luck cause you just cant magically summon gear or weapons which are not present in the game so there is nothing you can do how to bypass the game mechanic

Thats why I always say better too much loot then too little its always much better and more people are satisfied that way, thats why I get why they went with lot of loot and why I am completely ok with this

Yeah it was overwhelming the first few hours, but after a while you learn to quickly recognize worthwhile stuff without inspecting the info UI which cuts down time spent scavenging a lot.

Yeah it was overwhelming the first few hours, but after a while you learn to quickly recognize worthwhile stuff without inspecting the info UI which cuts down time spent scavenging a lot.
I get your point, but this is not the type of game where i should "learn to quickly recognize" loot IS broken (poorly done)

I like to have options. An option to not pick it up, to pick it up for sell, to pick it up for dismantle, to pick it up for style change of guns or cloth. Live in style baby :D

I get your point, but this is not the type of game where i should "learn to quickly recognize" loot IS broken (poorly done)
Well, I like how it is, because I expected NPCs to drop every little thing they have on them. Junk lying around the city can be ignored like in real life. Just out of honest curiosity. How did you expect the loot system to look like?

Its pretty simple in CP: you get best gear from specific unique NPCs (miniboss in a mission etc) or as mission rewards. Some iconic things you have to pick up from specific places...But always related to unique NPCs. For example your first iconic is most likely the pistol that Wilson the gun salesman wants to give you as you walk out of your apartment the first time.

bottom line: the good stuff isnt random drops. Most every other loot is for selling or dismantling. You can upgrade your stuff using the stuff you get from dismantling, so it stays more up to par with your level.

I had no Problem to find loot in every Corner or NPC. Sure some Stuff is crap and it takes some Time to clean the Inventory, but by the way, its on our own to pick up or not. You want a less filled bag, look for needs and leave the rest.
I would like to see the Junk has a little second use in the game to interact with NPCs. A smoke or a drink, throw dildos on them or squeeze the stressball as gimmick.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Yeah no man its complete garbage in Valhalla :DD ... there is like 10 armor sets and 20 weapons in the whole game its a complete joke ... not to mention that most gear you find is by going to the dot on map and loot chest :D no gear rewards for killing elites, for killing bosses, for doing quests or for doing side activities nothing ... its complete garbage
I never even liked an Assassin's Creed game so far but you are almost selling it to me.
Sounds good, actually. Far better than the garbage of compulsively looting something every two steps the franchise made me used to (and Cyberpunk is doing the same annoying bullshit now).

Itemization is cool when every upgrade feels meaningful and sticks with you for a while. Nnot when the you are essentially invited to compare random shit every two steps and spending whole minutes doing busywork in your inventory is the norm.

Gothic had one of the best progression systems in the entire RPG genre and you had like, what? FOUR armor sets for each faction you joined? And each one marked your upgrade in status too.

Top Bottom