The loot system is garbage

+

Tuco

Forum veteran
It's an RPG, "too much loot" is the lifeblood of such a game.
Sifting through your inventory to find that one better weapon and dismantling en masse is one part of what makes RPGs RPGs.
No, it's just a core element of the poorly designed ones, that rely on skinner box elements more than anything.

GOOD RPGs with good itemization find a decent pace for how often you'll get upgrades, so that each one will feel meaningful.

They also don't force the player to do the "looter shooter" thing of comparing countless variations of the same basic item.
If I drop a Beretta from an enemy, it's supposed to be a Beretta, period. I should not be supposed to check dozens of Beretta in my inventory to see which one got the best DPS based on RNG.

I've been playing this genre for more than 30 years at this point and the attempted implication that "I don't understand it" because I don't like how CP2077 handles it is borderline insulting to my intelligence.

Too much loot making anything related to economy or vendors utterly useless, Clunky inventory, Tons of stuff you don't care or need, unorganized, unexplained, unclear, messy, eyes hurting and , in the end, Cheap and gamey.

I just stopped picking stuff up anymore. I just don't care.

At least in Fallout 4, the items you picked up were exciting and useful for crafting your base. You'd even be on the lookout for a roll of Duct Tape for Adhesive or Ballistic Fiber.

Here it's just a constant string of ashtrays and empty coffee cups you can't do anything with but sell.

I have zero issues with the amount of loot and weapons and I pick everything up.

The less valuable junk I dismantle and the higher values I sell. I've gotten 8500 as maximum eddies one time. There is also a perk where junk gets automatically dismantled but due to my play style I won't install it.

As for the weapons I've noticed the highest tier is always to the top so if I have 4 of the same weapon I go below the top variant and dismantle the rest. Fast. Ez. Effective.

As for eddies and the loot system: things are very expensive in the game. I had 35k and bought implants worth 25k but thanks to the system I started to get my eddies back.

I use crafting parts to upgrade what ever clothing I fancy and want to upgrade and for each time it costs more so even if I had around 1k of one material and 700 of the other I dropped down to around 70-80%.

In a mission I struggled with ammo and had only a couple of nades left on me when I realized I could craft new ammo and nades which once again drops the materials so overall I can gladly say its a good balance.

Given the rest of flaws and bugs I'm satisfied with the system. Like other said: do not pick stuff around you if you have a problem with it and focus only on higher tears instead.

There's a bit of issues worthy of highlighting and which have had us all bummed and disappointed but to nag about something which isn't a issue is just unnecessary.

They've made a game for millions of people who will and can play it completely differently to each other. I bet there could be the counter part who feels loot and stuff is lacking. Now that would be questionable and hard to solve. You'r point here on the other hand is simple.
Leave shit be ;)

Peace

Crafting seems pointless. The mats to craft anything are ridiculously out of reach, so much so that you might as well ignore it. You need epic crafting materials to craft a rare item (so you have to dismantle epic items to craft blue ones... WHAT TF?!) And the enemies are so easy to kill, even with just white weapons that it makes crafting or even looking for anything any better pointless. I have the game on Hard difficulty and I'm blowing through enemies like they're nothing. I can dice up cyberpsycho's with my sword and they can't even fight back because they remain stunned the entire time.

Plus, there are functions that have been standard in games for 20+ years that are missing from this one. Like, "Dismantle All Junk" or "Select Multiple Items" for dismantling instead of having to dismantle one at a time in this slow, clunky ass system that hurts my eyes to look at. Or a "Favorite" option for items you don't want to accidentally dismantle, like I did with my Iconic pistol. Still pissed about that, because there's apparently no way to get it back.

This game is broken on so many core, fundamental levels that I almost don't want to play it anymore. What the hell were they thinking?
There is a skill to auto dismantle junk upon acquire, not sure if you realized that.
I agree a favorite or do not dismantle needs to be an option - it does prompt you on epic+ but I could see how it happens when you are flying through 10 weapons.
I don't get people saying enemies are so easy - I'm playing on next to highest difficulty and I die frequently enough - maybe turn it up it to max then.
Post automatically merged:

There is a perk that does that. But then there is the problem of some junk items that are worth 750$ or more. You really don't want to dismantle. them.
Quite messy...
I thought the same thing, I think I find them infrequently enough that it's still worth having the perk to get rid of other junk.

Guest 4406876

I really start to wonder how comes all those reviews were so detatched from reality... how can you possibly give a 5/5 or 10/10 or even a 9 to something like this. The only person really that highlighted the pointless game this is, it was that girl from gamespot that everybody roasted..this makes me think a lot.

Crafting is irrelevant. Save your perks elsewhere

Why must I require items of a higher tier to craft a material below that tier?

Epic crafting materials to make a rare item...

This game loves to throw duplicates upon duplicates towards you

That gamespot female reviewer was right to ignore the irrelevant loot/crafting system

no she wasnt right or correct nor did she do the job that was expected of her and to all the people crying about loot are you guys aware that you can upcraft mats and as well there is an auto scrap junk ability to take care of "junk" items for you, as well as the loot can either be sold or scrapped for parts to further upgrade the weapons you like or identify with to continue their use, most of the people on here seem to not understand that this isnt meant to be rushed through and you hand be held. while sure they could always implement some better options for managing or auto scrapping items of a certain rarity or type as well as maybe a sell all common uncommon rare etc buttons but i hardly think there is too much and its all useless when i can easily find multiple uses for all.

Guest 4406876

no she wasnt right or correct nor did she do the job that was expected of her and to all the people crying about loot are you guys aware that you can upcraft mats and as well there is an auto scrap junk ability to take care of "junk" items for you, as well as the loot can either be sold or scrapped for parts to further upgrade the weapons you like or identify with to continue their use, most of the people on here seem to not understand that this isnt meant to be rushed through and you hand be held. while sure they could always implement some better options for managing or auto scrapping items of a certain rarity or type as well as maybe a sell all common uncommon rare etc buttons but i hardly think there is too much and its all useless when i can easily find multiple uses for all.
But the game does everything in his power to hold your hand and not even hiding it (because the only gameplay there is is scripted so heavily that doesn't allow for anything else from the player), so where's the catch? Btw the autscrap is the worst idea ever, good way to waste Eddies. Very very bad idea to use that. It feels more like a "last fix to avoid the clutterness we created but not really thought thru" to me, because that's what it is.

But the game does everything in his power to hold your hand and not even hiding it (because the only gameplay there is is scripted so heavily that doesn't allow for anything else from the player), so where's the catch? Btw the autscrap is the worst idea ever, good way to waste Eddies. Very very bad idea to use that. It feels more like a "last fix to avoid the clutterness we created but not really thought thru" to me, because that's what it is.

well i disagree with you but thank god for free speech am i right lol, as well the hand holding part wasnt directed directly at your comment just other i have seen, i do fail to see how the autoscrap is a bad thing tho all i ever did with junk was sell or scrap and id rather scrap for mats and sell the more valuable guns and clothing etc., as well as the autoscrap feature also nets you crafting exp everytime it does its thing which is also good, i also fail to see the only gameplay being scripted? i mean the quests have to be scripted since most of them in dialogue at least play out in like an in-game cutscene manner or am i missing your point? i must admit im a little lost as to that comment.

Guest 4406876

well i disagree with you but thank god for free speech am i right lol, as well the hand holding part wasnt directed directly at your comment just other i have seen, i do fail to see how the autoscrap is a bad thing tho all i ever did with junk was sell or scrap and id rather scrap for mats and sell the more valuable guns and clothing etc., as well as the autoscrap feature also nets you crafting exp everytime it does its thing which is also good, i also fail to see the only gameplay being scripted? i mean the quests have to be scripted since most of them in dialogue at least play out in like an in-game cutscene manner or am i missing your point? i must admit im a little lost as to that comment.
I know buddy no sweat, I just quoted as a "getting along with the converstation". No hard feelings here towards users, never :D
Gameplay mechanics are not existent outside of scripted events, that sometimes are one time only, while they should be part of gameplay mechanics on demand by the player. The only gameplay we have is go there shoot, or sneak, cyberware is just another skill tree that is useless and doesn't really open up new gameplay capabilities, just different ways to optimize damage to enemies, but it's somewhat underdeveloped. The only gameplay mechanic that there is is to be able to use the trunk of you car as storage. The autoscrap is a bad thing because money>all atm, crafting is only good to level up clothing you like and not go around as a clown with random pieces, or maybe to upgrade unique weapons, but you get so much materials and loot and money by selling scrap or collecting on the floor that it's pointless to dismantle scrap. I get around 6000 eddies of junk every 2 hours of gameplay, and this allows me to entirely skip crafting, as I can just buy what i need, or even better, I don't need to buy it, because I'll find it everywhere on the floor. At least this is what's happening to me atm, I'm playing at Very Hard, and doesn't even pose a challenge in any department.

I don't think the loot system is garbage. In fact i think the loot is too good.

I am playing in very hard difficulty, bought a weapon once, never upgraded or crafter any weapon.

If anything the loot needs to be more "junk" so people actually have to craft/buy stuff.

Guest 4406876

I don't think the loot system is garbage. In fact i think the loot is too good.

I am playing in very hard difficulty, bought a weapon once, never upgraded or crafter any weapon.

If anything the loot needs to be more "junk" so people actually have to craft/buy stuff.
I think it was referred to the "amount of loot" you get, too much, too uncalled. You find stuff literally on the floor that should be only purchasable etc.

Guest 4375874

There is just simply too much. I dont want to even pick anything up any more because its overwhelming and I dont care about what im collecting - I mean the "junk section" it feels like im literally just scavanging garbage. And the guns - why does literally every guy drop a gun? I have to stop on literally every kill to see if maybe the dropped a gun stronger than one of mine, and of course I cant check as I pick them up everytime so end up with 10 identacle guns in my inventory I have to scan through to find out what ones I need to scrap. Yeah scrap, because vendors are useless. Why do they exist? There isnt any point in buying guns, or food or drinks. And the health boosters? I pick up to many to use.

And the clothing - why do I only pick up clothing items that enemies werent wearing? Why is there just a random chance for them to drop a seemingly random clothing item.

The whole entire system is just totally garbage and by far the worst thing bar the bugs.
You do realize that the items are color coded so you can see what is Common, Uncommon....Epic or Legendary right? Just don't pick up things that you think would not be useful. It's VERY SIMPLE. More over exaggeration.

Guest 4406876

You do realize that the items are color coded so you can see what is Common, Uncommon....Epic or Legendary right? Just don't pick up things that you think would not be useful. It's VERY SIMPLE. More over exaggeration.
More people not getting the point. I hope the devs do or else ths game will be fucked if that's the level of understanding in every department.

i think most people are wanting a loot filter and i agree it would solve alot of these complaints

No, it's just a core element of the poorly designed ones, that rely on skinner box elements more than anything.

GOOD RPGs with good itemization find a decent pace for how often you'll get upgrades, so that each one will feel meaningful.

They also don't force the player to do the "looter shooter" thing of comparing countless variations of the same basic item.
If I drop a Beretta from an enemy, it's supposed to be a Beretta, period. I should not be supposed to check dozens of Beretta in my inventory to see which one got the best DPS based on RNG.

I've been playing this genre for more than 30 years at this point and the attempted implication that "I don't understand it" because I don't like how CP2077 handles it is borderline insulting to my intelligence.
Not really. "Loot" is a important part of Open world games, specially RPGs.

IF anything there's too few "garbage" items, where players actually get upgrades from the garbage random enemies drop.

Players should not look for stuff and upgrades from random enemies, unless they want to check the enemy armor, weapon, etc, because it looks nice. Not because it can be a ready to use upgrade. But sadly this game has too few loot, where the enemy only drops random misc and the weapon. Rarely their armor.

And armor and enemy dropping their gear is important because the player should be able to look at their enemy gear and "want" to have it and pick from the body. That would make upgrade/crafting more viable since you could get gear from enemies and upgrade to be useful.

But nope, the loot in this game is small and quite frankly "too good" to the point you can get actual upgrades from random mac rando.

What forces people to check every enemy down because "maybe" they have a good item.

Top Bottom