The Mahir Coach bus as a drivable vehicle [Spoilers]

+
You heard right. Finally a drivable bus in Cyberpunk 2077, thanks to the marvelous modders of the AMM. Still can't believe it. Not only is it drivable, it can also be used as public transport between Fast Travel Points. So instead of instantly teleporting, it'll drive you to any Fast Travel Point you select.

That said, unfortunately, it does come quickly apparent as to why it was most probably never officially implemented, as the bus sustains damage during the ride, up to the point where it gets completely destroyed, mid-trip.

Observing why this happens, noticed that the bus's collision registration especially at the low-front is so low above ground that it collides when floating over curbs, on up and down hill sections, and even the lowest road humps sustaining heavy damage.

To my accounts, this issue could easily be solved by simply removing the collision registration of the under part at the front, or by raising the collision registration across the entire length of the vehicle by a few inches.

Will suggest this to the modders. In the main time, enjoy the vid below. Jump to 22:48 where V travels per bus as a passenger.

Nice !

With a less intrusive mod and no hit box for the bus, i will ad this mod in my game for sure.

Too buggy at the moment for me.

Nice to see modders still working. I can imagine it is not simple at all.

Think a hit box is necessary for the vehicle to register the path, and/or the other way around. Could also be that that's the reason as to why the bus's collision registration is so low above the ground. Maybe else it would "derail", from its path quite easily.

I think that because to my accounts, this system could just as easily be implemented for all the vehicles, which these modders actually already did. By spawning a second vehicle and selecting a companion on its driver's seat, that companion will follow you driving that vehicle.

Only, they drive very erratic, swaying left and right, hitting anything and anybody along the way, and lose you the moment you drive over 110 - 130 mph.

Will ask the modders sometime, but if these findings are in any way accurate, than a God-mode for the bus would be the only option if it would to survive any trip.

Exit74

Forum regular
Yeah very nice, we need these kind of mods ingame..too make it more immersive and too enjoy the views in and around NightCity :cool:

The modders said they'll look for ways to make the bus invincible to damage.

You can repair the bus during the trip, but apparently, although it does remove the visible damage, it doesn't seem to replenish the vehicle's health pool. So it gets wrecked either way.

Have always used the repair feature to remove the damage from my vehicles, but never actually wrecked them. So didn't know. Whether or not it was intended for the repair feature to also replenish a vehicle's health pool will unfortunately remain unknown, as the feature has officially been taken out of the vanilla game.

Top Bottom