The Main Villain (Eredin) Just Doesn't cut it for me... (SPOILERS!)

+
The Main Villain (Eredin) Just Doesn't cut it for me... (SPOILERS!)

1.As some members wonderfully expressed around here, last time a 13-15 year old Ciri and our main villain met, he ended up swimming and limping.

Last time Geralt met him, the only thing that saved his life is the sheer number of his servants, Geralt and his witcher mates just couldn't kill fast enough of them.

Basically the only thing that kind of kills the hype for me (Except Ciri's heels) is that Eredin isn't really a big deal, even if you discount Ciri's godlike powers. Anyone from Geralt's company except Dandelion could tear apart Eredin and Yennefer/Triss probably most of his riders.

The only ones who CAN and don't even have to be a danger to Geralt/Ciri are Phillipa and Sile's lodge and even more so Emhyr with his whole Empire behind him.

Oh a small correction, I forgot W1 the ending, so chances are that Geralt's and Eredin's last meeting ended up with Geralt kicking his ass...
I forgot something about Ciri, by her 15th year she kicked everybody's ass, she defeated EVERY opponent, one of which killed three witchers, yeah she used an advantageous surrounding against this witcher-slayer, her body size and type of training were better suited there, but still she would last longer then most of his opponents.

The thing is Ciri by her 15 year, is probably among top 10 swordsmen in the Witcher universe (although she had like half a year of training at most). And that's without all the witcher alchemy and herbs. So logic kind of demands that by now she she the be the best, even easily beating Geralt.

The only thing that goes against this theory is that Ciri barely raised a sword after their last meeting, but knowing her and the ending I highly doubt that.

Notice that this discounts Ciri's magic and time traveling abilities.

Oh Eredin, you are so screwed...

Last edited:
If I remember correctly Eredin had lost his powers when he met Ciri and he was trying to retrieve them.
Maybe he has retrieved his powers, or maybe he has found other means to strengthen himself and his men. I bet he hasn't been sitting around on his ass after his defeat.
Plus in Witcher 2 it was said that he was able to grab Yen hostage and force Geralt to surrender and give his life for that of yennefer's. That takes a lot of balls, and it requires power to back it up.

I think that's really early judgment.

When I was in Grade 5 I got into a fight and beat some other boy up, like completely dominated him. Over a decade later, and if we got into a fight again 99% chance he'd completely wreck the shit out of me. Times change, people change, perhaps Eredin changes.

Who knows how CDPR are going to go about justifying Eredin and friends power, perhaps they aren't even going to be overly powerful but there's going to be some circumstances that make the encounters interesting.... Really we don't know, and I think you should wait until the game comes out and you beat it before judging the appropriateness of the Villains.

Last edited:
Eredin and his kind had lost their Time/Space Travelling powers. That is what they want back. And they want to take it from Ciri.

While Eredin appears to be young (for and elf, and at least to me), he is much older than any human. He is the Leader of the Wild Hunt. He knows how to fight. Ciri beat him with the help of a bridge, using the elf's rage. She did not beat him in a swordfight.

I would say that Eredin is quite a strong swordsman. Also, he had Geralt in his "group" for some time, we don't know what he might have gotten from the witcher. Either way it's speculative.

He however leads a rather large unit of Elven Riders. I bet you that is a force to be reckoned with, even for half a dozen of witchers.

I will agree, he has not shown any signs that his power is similar to that of Vilgefortz, if that were the case then we would not have this discussion. But there are also no signs that he is not as strong or even stronger.

The Aen Elle, appear to me that they are much stronger than their "cousins" the Aen Seidhe. Both magically and physically. After all, they have subdued all the humans in their world.

I guess we'll see. :)

I don't agree with your assertion of Eredin being weak.

Ciri managed to escape, but it was partly due to luck that she managed to drop him in the water, he is no pushover whatsoever, so you can expect him to be kicking ass and chewing gum, since they don't have gum, he'll be kicking more then.:)
Geralt will have a tough time against him, not to mention anyone from his party, even the sorceresses.

Also the power that they want to retrieve is the power to travel between worlds, as the unicorn explained to Ciri, even though they are still able to jump to a certain extent, since they are chasing Ciri between worlds while she is trying to escape.

So I expect to see some tough fights with Eredin and his army.

Dont worry avallach will prove a challenge :p

I forgot about him for a moment, now he is definitely is a wildcard. :)
His power was never revealed, but without doubt he will be strong. Also from what was hinted I believe his experiments to be much more brutal than those of Vilgefortz, so I'm expecting some surprises there.

Well Avalach gave a way better impression on me, when Ciri pushed him to the limit he completely incapacitated her with his one hand if I remember correctly, if willing he seemed to be able to strangle her in seconds.

EDIT: Another point. Eredin was fighting on his "turf" in a place rather familiar to him with his full battle equipment.

I mean I know that Ciri is kinda OP even without the time travel, she had a few months of training and already she's arguably the third best swordsman in the witcher world, and she's not even 18! By know she should be able to defeat Geralt with an toothpick.

Last edited:
I guess we will have some tough time fighting him and his minions.
I am little bit dissapointed about this new design iteration of Eredin (if it is him). I liked the previous one better, maybe minus this "Sauron's crown", but still it seemed more original design with all these holes drilled in helmet. More manacing - better than simple skull replica helmet that he is wearing now. Correct me if I am wrong - is it Eredin (in skull helmet) in latest screenshots showing all three Wild hunt generals?

I guess we will have some tough time fighting him and his minions.
I am little bit dissapointed about this new design iteration of Eredin (if it is him). I liked the previous one better, maybe minus this "Sauron's crown", but still it seemed more original design with all these holes drilled in helmet. More manacing - better than simple skull replica helmet that he is wearing now. Correct me if I am wrong - is it Eredin (in skull helmet) in latest screenshots showing all three Wild hunt generals?

Oh man, I didn't realize that they had changed him.

I agree that I much prefer the old design, it looked like something from an alternate world. The new one looks extremely cliche.

Attachments

• witcher3_poster_bonusLG.jpg
    witcher3_poster_bonusLG.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 314
Actually, Ciri's training was definitely over a year, maybe as much as two years. When Triss arrives at Kaer Morhen, Lambert mentions that Ciri has been training for a year. And then Triss stays for quite a while. Add to that that she kept up her training when she stayed in Ellander, then she stayed with the Rats for several months, and they fought regularly.

Geralt is most likely still better though, but she definitely deserves to call herself a witcher. (as soon as she puts on some proper boots youknowwhatimsayin?)

Well Avalach gave a way better impression on me, when Ciri pushed him to the limit he completely incapacitated her with his one hand if I remember correctly, if willing he seemed to be able to strangle her in seconds.

EDIT: Another point. Eredin was fighting on his "turf" in a place rather familiar to him with his full battle equipment.

I mean I know that Ciri is kinda OP even without the time travel, she had a few months of training and already she's arguably the third best swordsman in the witcher world, and she's not even 18! By know she should be able to defeat Geralt with an toothpick.

Not denying Ciri's progress, but she's still lagging behind Geralt in terms of swordsmanship, Bonhart totally owned her for example, and some things just come from experience. She still has a long way ahead of her.

As for Eredin, if I remember correctly, she got lucky and barely managed to escape and Avalach also had her totally helpless.

If she was so powerful, she could have easily defeated them and not be on the run. So yeah, she's not OP, at least not yet. :)

There must be a reason for this change. Maybe people were complaining about him resembling Sauron too much, I don't know, but old design was more unique and looked more mysterious, menacing. The human skull theme was stylized perfectly in the previous design in my humble opinion as an artist. It needed only some fine-tuning to not give associations with beforementioned Sauron guy. This newer version is not bad, but it lacks personality. On the other hand the two other "guys" are very well made.
Anyways I trust their artists, because from what I have seen so far - the art direction / design is top-noch. After seeing these wonderfully designed yet deeply horrifying and disturbing "Ladies", I am confident that this will be a game to remember and to serve as an example of how things must to be done in visual aspect of gamedesign.

Last edited:
Who says Eredin is the end boss? Perhaps it's Emhyr. Or it's Jacques, since they took his soul. Who knows, but it will be epic I'm sure of it.

There must be a reason for this change. Maybe people were complaining about him resembling Sauron too much, I don't know, but old design was more unique and looked more mysterious, menacing. The human skull theme was stylized perfectly in the previous design in my humble opinion as an artist. It needed only some fine-tuning to not give associations with beforementioned Sauron guy. This newer version is not bad, but it lacks personality. On the other hand the two other "guys" are very well made.
Anyways I trust their artists, because from what I have seen so far - the art direction / design is top-noch. After seeing these wonderfully designed yet deeply horrifying and disturbing "Ladies", I am confident that this will be a game to remember and to serve as an example of how things must to be done in visual aspect of gamedesign.

I actually like the new design more than the old one, it looked fat and uncomfortable for combat. Also the glimpse of the fight with them in one of the trailers looked awesome.
I expect them to kick Geralt's ass at least once before he is able to deliver divine punishment upon them. :)

Who says Eredin is the end boss? Perhaps it's Emhyr. Or it's Jacques, since they took his soul. Who knows, but it will be epic I'm sure of it.

Emhyr is just a human, Geralt can easily defeat him one on one. Alvin? Yeah, that would be interesting. :)

I imagine Philippa as a tough endboss. I think her knowledge and power could be compared with the power of Vilgefortz.

After radovids "gift" to her, she could be turned in some more vengeful, evil sorceress. Furthermore she is the head of the lodge which also had an interest in Ciri (at least at the end of the books)

Top Bottom