The Man of Glass - Speculation

+
The Man of Glass - Speculation

SooOooo, I recently started my NG+ and I noticed that, during the Inn scene in White Orchard you are introduced to one of the major characters of the first DLC, the Merchant who tells you to go to the garrison to gain information on where Yenna is happens to have many nicknames, he apparently is a 'Merchant of Mirrors' and says that people call him 'The Man of Glass' - A prominent figure from the upcoming 'Hearts of Stone' expansion.

During his one - and to my knowledge, only scene in the game as is, he appears, he knows of Geralt and Yen - and before mysteriously disappearing again he implies that Geralt should return the favor if he were in need.

Now to the fun bit - Speculation, who and what do you guys think Mr O'Dim really is?

A Spy?

A Doppler?

A Doppler Spy?

~And what, if any links does he have to Shani?

What do you guys make of it?

I remember one think in that conversation that made me suspicious, when Geralt asked if he know him from Dandelions ballads too he didn't answer, and he is very interested in Yen and Geralt for some reason? at least that is what i gathered
:uma:

"Merchants of Mirrors"
When I think about mirror.In world wide western cultures,there are just countless fairytales/folktales about mirrors or as a very important element in it.
The most ambitious target for CDPR is to gather all the stories and mediate them into the ultimate dark one.The oxenfurt is the perfect spot for that.
But that's not what I really pay attention to.I always have this view which i think is funny.
When Geralt stands in front of that mirror with triss/yen/philippa/magreta/fingela/francesca and all others from lodge.
And he opened his mouth "Mirror,mirror who is the prettiest of them all?".
lol.So here goes the famous "The First war inside Lodges of Soccerrers".
Anyway still got one more month to wait.Just can't wait for that long.
Really hope marcin can have some news or information to tell instead of touching myself every night(just kidding).

ok as for this man imo i think he is just what he said a nobody who does not need to be anybody we know but who leads to the great plot

Last edited:
The Man Of Glass is probably bound with the Oxenfurt Academy.

Radovid Closed this Academy, and we don't know why ?

The Oxenfurt Academy is maybe like Versaille, a palace with Glasses and it's probably a maze, i hope so.

And this man is the key, maybe He is a doppler, a wizard like Philippa Eilhart, etc...

There is many way to interpret him or It.

The Man Of Glass is probably bound with the Oxenfurt Academy.

Radovid Closed this Academy, and we don't know why ?

The Oxenfurt Academy is maybe like Versaille, a palace with Glasses and it's probably a maze, i hope so.

And this man is the key, maybe He is a doppler, a wizard like Philippa Eilhart, etc...

There is many way to interpret him or It.

I assume that it will have something to do with the academy, maybe this expansion will open it up for exploration, Shani might assist you in trying to get something out of it for the Man of Glass, then maybe it spirals out of control and you need to sort him out, one way or another.

There was no portal he could've summoned and disappeared through, the speed of his vanishing makes a Doppler more likely as he could change into any of the people who were in the Inn at will and just blend in.
Also all the talk of mirrors, and Doppler's appear as exact copies of those they imitate so it makes sense as a nickname that he'd be a Doppler.

---------- Updated at 09:52 AM ----------

i just hope Shani's gonna be friendly when we meet. we didn't exactly part on the best of terms when i brought Alvin to Triss instead.

Yeah, she was quite mad, but I am sure that she'll have at least cooled down a little bit, and now that Geralt has recovered his memory he'll actually remember their previous interaction.

I don't intend to pursue any intimacy anyway, My Geralt is a one Woman man in TW3

~We don't talk about Keira, shh.

---------- Updated at 09:52 AM ----------
Yeah, she was quite mad, but I am sure that she'll have at least cooled down a little bit, and now that Geralt has recovered his memory he'll actually remember their previous interaction.

I don't intend to pursue any intimacy anyway, My Geralt is a one Woman man in TW3

~We don't talk about Keira, shh.
i dunno i kinda enjoyed playing Geralt as a gigolo. would be a shame to let that immunity to STDs go to waste eh? :D

sigh i sure miss cheeky Keira. who else is gonna call me Geraltie-poo?

Man of Glass, Merchant of Mirrors...
He may be a sorcerer or some magical being with the power to create real good illusions! Hahaha!
I instantly remembered him after reading the article on the expansions.

His knowledge of Yen and Geralt certainly makes him an intriguing character!
Looking forward to the expansion packs!

Top Bottom