The Map Screen

+
The mini-map isn't perfect, but CDPR has improved it some since launch; right now, I'd like to talk about the full Map screen.

• It'd be nice to have textured buildings, if only as a toggle; the solid red look makes everything so generic, doesn't really tell us much about that part of the city, doesn't help us recognize our destination when we get close, or to recognize a place we've been when we see it on the map.
  • If we switch to perspective mode, it'd be nice if the labels stuck around. Or, failing that, the ability to rotate the map while the labels are still up would help. Being able to see the icons that are behind buildings would be very useful for navigation.
  • To sum up those first two, the Map screen should be more like Google Earth.
  • Fixers should have their names on their icon, even if only when you mouse over them.
  • Cars should have a picture of the car when you mouse over them.
  • Bars should have their name when you mouse over them.
  • Basically, every icon should give the player as much information about it as possible when they mouse over or click it. Even today, just on the web, I can get tons of information about a business before I leave the home, like a restaurant's menu and hours, etc; CP2077 should have at least a little more of that kind of functionality to keep the player from driving around town looking for just the right place.
  • Players should be able to set location icons which stick around if there is something of interest to which they'd like to come back at some point. A couple of times, I've spotted some bit of scenery that looked interesting, like it might hold some secrets, but I'm in the middle of something and have to come back later...
I mean, I guess these are critiques and suggestions, though I'm absolutely boggled why this functionality wasn't built into the map from the beginning.

Someone posted that one of the devs had explained that the minimap is more involved than people thought because it's showing objects rendered; it's not actually a predrawn map. Hence, presumably, why a zoomout fix is taking a long time to emerge.
Ohh never saw that, good to know, oh well, guess we have to wait then..

Someone posted that one of the devs had explained that the minimap is more involved than people thought because it's showing objects rendered; it's not actually a predrawn map. Hence, presumably, why a zoomout fix is taking a long time to emerge.
It's seem logic for me (on XBSX), because sometimes the minimap have really bad time to load the roads and buildings (especially in japan town in hight speed) :(

Do I understand correctly that they are working to make it larger (specifically while driving)?

Top Bottom