The mess with Meredith:

+
Does anyone else think the ending of the quest to get the Flathead REALLY needs to be fixed?

Two ways the ending should be adjusted to actually be worthwhile:

First is if you want to pursue a relationship with Meredith:
The detail is in the spiked chip she gives you. If you remove the virus, but (spoiler) find the information implicating Anthony Gilchrist, you should have the option to call her and pass on the info, thereby saving her ass and keeping her around. Otherwise, you should be able to confront Gilchrist and let him know to start running, and then send the information right in front of him and watch his own guards suddenly turn on him (followed, naturally, by a call from Meredith offering begrudging thanks and an offer to meet sometime later).

Second is if you don't want to or don't care:
In this case, either you don't pull the virus from the chip, or you find the information implicating Gilchrist but don't call it in to Meredith. In this case, you should be able to confront Gilchrist with the information, and blackmail him for either eddies or equipment.

Either way, a more fulfilling ending for V and the player.

Oh, also... FIX THE FRAGGING CHIP SO WE CAN KLEP THE 50K EDDIES ON IT!!!

Guest 4519094

they can always add branches later, as the engine gets optimized more work might go toward iterating on new gigs or new interactions between existing ones, on a side note a modder has started working on a homebrew quest editor.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbrto

Forum regular
no idea what op´s issue is with this quest
i always collect the info on gilchrist, pass it on to meredith and take the 10k from the shard

I played the mission twice with a corpo with the goal of getring Meredith in the end. Even though I found the info on Gilchrist in both occasions, nothingnis done with that. And as someone already said: a corpo should be all over this creating chaos among Militech ranks and then dangling it in front of Meredith in you ever need a favor.

And as someone already said: a corpo should be all over this creating chaos among Militech ranks and then dangling it in front of Meredith in you ever need a favor.
This Is why I never like the so called lifepaths. Nothing was done with them. it was just window dressing. all you get out of it is a few more dialogue choices and nothing more. If they would of actual made lifepath have any kind of meaning then the game would of been tons better.

I'd like them to fix the branching error. I failed tricking them taking the chip. But the ending outcome the game only accepts is me taking the chip for myself. Which I did not do. There's no dialog for a mid convincing fail. Basically you have the guy beind the door come out. Pull the gun on you. Be a dick the first dialog. Than give him the card the second one. This is where he will assume it's bugged. Keep insisting. Doesn't accept it. Game counts this as I took it. So meridtih is not in the ending. The other guy is.

they can always add branches later, as the engine gets optimized more work might go toward iterating on new gigs or new interactions between existing ones, on a side note a modder has started working on a homebrew quest editor.
Yes! and the game will be polished and watch some really good DLC come out and the haters will come crawling back. I really can't wait I am excited for a CDPR come back, They are not letting this game go down.

i just let jackie kick off by not calming him down. kill everyone, release Brick kill Royce and dont hack then chip till mission finishes. get flathead meredith is happy you keep the chip and the eddies.

Top Bottom