The mmr won't change in the near future

+
I read your link and I guess I'm still confused. What MMR change are you talking about, and why is it a grindfest?

I saw for a few days the MMR for the top 2 ranks was 4400 and 4800, but that has since been changed back down to how it was before.

Raunbjorn

Wellspring;n10285612 said:
I read your link and I guess I'm still confused. What MMR change are you talking about, and why is it a grindfest?

I saw for a few days the MMR for the top 2 ranks was 4400 and 4800, but that has since been changed back down to how it was before.

The point being that your mmr gained won't be higher to make up for shorter seasons - therefore the grindfest.

Hydrahead;n10285712 said:
therefore the grindfest

The "grind-fest" was already there before the change. The only difference is that you now have less time. However, that doesn't make it more of a grind-fest. Climbing ranked is mostly a matter of skill, rather than time (unlike pro-ladder which is more about time). For those at the top, I reckon it matter little because they can get there regardless. In the same way, for casuals, it also doesn't matter as much because they are never aiming for the top to begin with. This only leaves a small "border" group of players with enough skill, but not enough time and those with the occasional holiday break.

Having said that, it does make me wonder why CDPR switched to a one month cycle. I don't think players asked for it and I don't see any advantages for CDPR, other than maybe keeping players busy, which is not really a good reason, in this case.

Raunbjorn

4RM3D;n10285992 said:
The "grind-fest" was already there before the change. The only difference is that you now have less time. However, that doesn't make it more of a grind-fest. Climbing ranked is mostly a matter of skill, rather than time (unlike pro-ladder which is more about time). For those at the top, I reckon it matter little because they can get there regardless. In the same way, for casuals, it also doesn't matter as much because they are never aiming for the top to begin with. This only leaves a small "border" group of players with enough skill, but not enough time and those with the occasional holiday break.

Having said that, it does make me wonder why CDPR switched to a one month cycle. I don't think players asked for it and I don't see any advantages for CDPR, other than maybe keeping players busy, which is not really a good reason, in this case.

I think a lot of top players would disagree would you. Of course it was always a grind getting to the top but now you have to do double the amount of "meaningless grind" getting to the higher ranks in the first place. I consider myself a casual that want go to get to rank 20 each season if I'm able to (well pre midwinter patch that is.) but with these short seasons it's impossible which makes me not want to rank up at all.

I think the reason for the change is to keep players busy making it seem like the game is alive and thriving but that's pure speculation. I sometimes get the impression that they pretend to be listening to the community or at least make us feel they listen but I don't think players asked for these short seasons either. And I don't think people were asking for "beautiful RNG" as Burza put it in the latest plays of the month video but that's another discussion.

I guess my point is that they need to be more transparent and tell us why they make all these changes.

4RM3D;n10285992 said:
The "grind-fest" was already there before the change. The only difference is that you now have less time

Ähhm, yes....it's quite a huge difference.....you have to play more games per day for the same result. I've played less than 350 games each the last two seasons and reached the top 1000 both times. If I'd play around 170 games this season I should be able to do it again if I have the same winrate like before. Otherwise the game becomes more of a "grind-fest". And at this moment I'm pretty sure that this won't be enough....not even close. You definitely have to play more games than before except you have some crazy 80% winrate or something like that.

its only a grindfest if you really care about ranked. the only real reason to desperatly try to climb are maybe the rewards? but even then they are so neglectable that it makes no real sense to play for them. i do not think that rewarding different rank levels with different rewards is a good idea anyway.
the primary purpose of the ranked ladder is not to make people grind for rewards or compare dick size even though many people like to abuse it for that. it should only be there to make players with equal win rates play against each other. if this is due to skill or card balance and rng is another question.
so if you are stuck in a rank and can't climb any further because you do not want to switch to the op decks then its your problem or better there is actually no problem at all. just ignore the ladder and play whatever you want and do not care where you are placed in the ladder. you will naturally end up where you belong. the players with the op decks will naturally climb up the ladder and end up on top and keep the players with weaker decks out.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n10285992 said:

Really? The obvious advantage is its pushing players into the shop more. Half the time to rank up for half the rewards, less kegs all round, more cards coming out.... Easier just to simply pay $25 and get the same ammount of kegs you would for a month of grinding ranked.

It's CDPR getting greedier, pure and simple. Their rapidly changing the games model into a much more grindy, pay 2 progress version. Is it still more F2P friendly than HS and such? Definately (not that its a high benchmark.) but the evidence is obvious what their doing.

4RM3D;n10285992 said:
However, that doesn't make it more of a grind-fest.

If you have to play the same amount of games, in half the time... I'm pretty sure that constitutes as more of a grind-fest, than the same amount of games over 2 months.

Well, with my lack of time, I aim for rank 19 normally, and climbing to rank 20 with about 50% win rate is nearly impossible.. and I usually get that done in 2 to 3 weeks of about 5 games a day.. so I spend a month either just getting dailys or not play altogether. This will give me more incentive to play as I have to go through the process twice.. so you can say it's twice the work for the same amount of rewards over 2 months... Or keep it fresh for causals ish people like me (I call it keeping it fresh).

BornBoring;n10286582 said:
Ähhm, yes....it's quite a huge difference.....you have to play more games per day for the same result.
Karfuss;n10288652 said:
If you have to play the same amount of games, in half the time...

You are forgetting one important aspect. Most players are just idling during the two month period, only being active at the start and the end of the season. To reach rank 20, you'll need to play an average of 5 matches per dag with a 60% win-rate, or roughly one hour each day. That is doable for casual players.

Anyhow, it's not like I am particularly happy with the change because I do like to idle every now and then. It's just that the change is still within reason, even though I do think CDPR is going to adjust the MMR in the near future.

Zjiin;n10288252 said:
Really? The obvious advantage is its pushing players into the shop more.

By reducing the season length to one month, doesn't mean CDPR is releasing new cards every month. This means you can still use the same deck and you don't have to buy kegs. Furthermore, when CDPR does finally release new cards, most veteran players already have enough scraps and ore saved to get whatever they want without paying. So, this one month cycle will barely increase sales. That's why it has other reasons. I can guarantee that.

Just sharing my experience with the new season:

It took me 77 ranked games (4 days of massive spare time) to climb from 2034 MMR to 4043 MMR. I used various non-dorf decks.

I wouldn't consider it a grindfest, so there's really no reason to be upset with CDPR's decision to leave MMR gain as it is/was. As I undarstand it, rank 21 & top 1000 spots [by the end of the season] would be just as hard as before anyway.

I am starting to tire from the bad moves.

I really fail to see the logic behind this, yeah, you cut rewards by more than half (rounding down number of kegs) but MMR system stays the same.

Last season you could get to the 19 in two weeks, lay back and play Pro Ladder, now for the less rewards overall you have to grind the same rank twice, so even less time for Pro Ladder.

There was little incentive to play Pro before and now there is even more punishment coming from Ranked system.

All players hate having to work twice harder for less rewards, better take that into account, this is ridiculous, no amount of existing good will is going to help you if you continue this way.

Top Bottom