The Modding Community

+
Heh, RIGHT after @Agent Bleu points out we're not at the point we can have an open discussion without equine humour, ( a beautiful phrase), someone else gets a post deleted for ad hominem attacks. And not even against CDPR! Against another user!

Let's remember who the -REAL- enemy is here, kids: Santa Claus.

DO be civil, or either your posts will be deleted or I will fix them so that they make me smile instead of frown. And then your beautiful words will have been wasted! Which should bother you, if your words meant anything.

Sad truth is, CDPR gives out little information on plans or choices or reasons for same these days.It is their prerogative and we must allow them that. We aren't friends, we are in a business relationship with them is the hard truth. It seems to be working for most parties, so I guess that's..success?

I think betting on a REDkit after B+W isn't a terrible bet and if @essenthy represents at least some of the talented modders out there, community death is unlikely.

progress comes from friendly competition
fixed :p
but seriously, some of the stuff that nvidia's been doing is extremely shady, and i ,for one, am considering buying one of their cards just because of all their consumer and developper friendly decisions.

? "Friendly competition" between publicly held companies in a bit of a nonstarter. "Competition" means "I will sell more of my product at a higher profit than yours, and you shall be made to know it." nVidia does not have to modify its practices to compete with AMD; nothing they have done is unfair. AMD has to come to bat with something more than hot air and specious claims of unfairness, i.e. actually superior products and ways to make it easier for developers to use their products than nVidia's.

I wonder how you can claim this. I mean, have you run the previous rendering engine build ? do you know what it requires ?

because that demo was not yet optimized, the only stuff that the demo has and the final game does not are : water physic, a higher quality geralt model, volumetric clouds , all the rest is art direction and coloring, so yeah if you think these 3 things would require you 3 titan x, you are out of your mind

and in many ways vanilla can go way higher than what was shown in the demo, and yet you'll not burn your GC ,also there was no hairwork back then, that alone free you some serious headroom

even at ultra settings you still have a crapload of headroom that you can allocate to other things, the game is really well optimized, but unfortunately they cant afford having a build for PC and another for consoles

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

Fanboy service ? This video is clearly one sided, and forgets one thing : Nvidia has the upper hand at the moment. Why would they even "play it fair". Is that something that companies are supposed to do ? you're better than your competitor, please play it fair ? why don't you fire a couple of your best engineers to level the playground ? We assure you, consumer would win in the long term ? But are the consumers supposed to win ? or the shareholders ?
Clearly and obviously, however the truth is uniform for any business.

Everybody hates Ubisoft and EA for being greedy money whores and everybody reveres CDProjekt for being a business with conscience.
Same could apply to GPU market, NVIDIA wouldn't loose a lot by not being a dick and consumers would benefit a lot.

I understand that money is money, but in the end - and i'm saying that as someone who's been a loyal NVIDIA consumer since ages, maybe people would be willing to forfeit some of their benefits for the sake of "greater good".

As much as i don't like AMD, be it for their CPUs or GPUs i can't say that their initiatives like TressFX or GPU Open are bad, in fact they're much better and within few years i imagine that unless NVIDIA will start paying developers to use their proprietary, closed-source "gameworks", everybody on the market will switch to AMD solutions.

what a lie, maybe you want to say, money makes the world go round?
It's cliche, but it's not entirely untrue.
Take a look at CPU development in early 2000's, especially when 64 bit architecture got kickstarted by AMD.
Those were the years of greatest jumps in CPU performance. Once intel gained steady lead on the market all we're seeing is 5 to 10% performance gain per generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how you can claim this. I mean, have you run the previous rendering engine build ? do you know what it requires ?
(...)

It's more than just a reasonable assumption. According to José Teixeira, in an interview I can't be bothered to locate, devs ran the editor on top of the game on mid range machines, which would definitely exclude the Titan X hypothetical scenario.

(....), the only stuff that the demo has and the final game does not are : water physic, a higher quality geralt model, volumetric clouds , (...)

I definitely seem to notice a host of other omissions, compared to, for example, the VGX. You will remember the infamous self-proclaimed insider who purportedly reported the following missing effects;

Level of horizon detail (essentially the draw distance had to be completely tuned down to tax the consoles less)

Volume based translucency

Ambient occlusion and foliage density / tree count

Flexible water simulation / tessellation we resorted to a (script texture effect similar to most games than physical based simulation)

Ground/building tessellation

Forward lit soft particles (this is the fire, smoke, fog that you would encounter while going through thick terrain into open space)

Real-time reflections in the water are completely off and replaced with a cheaper render solution estimator (this is a primary reason blood splatter was also removed from water)

Source

Last edited:
what a lie, maybe you want to say, money makes the world go round?

are you kidding? look at Intels new lineup of cpus every year, barely a difference in performance.... why? because amd is no competition atm

edit:
It's cliche, but it's not entirely untrue.
Take a look at CPU development in early 2000's, especially when 64 bit architecture got kickstarted by AMD.
Those were the years of greatest jumps in CPU performance. Once intel gained steady lead on the market all we're seeing is 5 to 10% performance gain per generation.

yeah exactly

2. Fallout 4 community has released last 30 mods - nearly 75% of retextures, including at least 3 / 4 sex oriented retex (in a game where no sex scenes can be found, so basically just to see nude pixels running around...). A cat spawning mod, and a couple of cheat modes. A couple of gameplay mod could be seen along the "piece of garbage". Making it, as a couple of potential precious stones in a pile of dirt.
Umm, only 30 mods? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/? And you are wrong about the quality of the mods. I am as big a TW3 fan as there is. But spreading falsehoods about the FO4 modding scene is just plain wrong.

are you kidding? look at Intels new lineup of cpus every year, barely a difference in performance.... why? because amd is no competition atm

man pc is not only use for gamers, almost always first use of technology is military,i think are better programmers in games than in the nasa for example because they don´t need it, and about these you remember VHS and BETA who was the best and who was the winner....

man pc is not only use for gamers, almost always first use of technology is military,i think are better programmers in games than in the nasa for example because they don´t need it, and about these you remember VHS and BETA who was the best and who was the winner....

what?

Guest 2364765

Not sure what kind of argument is that supposed to be.

Sony's Betamax vs JVC's VHS was entirely different thing, but it proved one thing - that ultimately consumers chose open format of VHS.
Thanks to higher quality, Betamax was used in Cinemas, but VHS won in practically every other field.

wait, i though we wanted REDKIt, now we're asking CDPR to send us VHS tapes via a NASA aircraft using intel CPUs and AMD tressfx ?

wait, i though we wanted REDKIt, now we're asking CDPR to send us VHS tapes via a NASA aircraft using intel CPUs and AMD tressfx ?

hahaha my english is poor and i can't explain myself and google translator is a shit, forgive it. Sorry.

Just checked. 5427.
As i am patient with CDPR releasing a good modkit for their new engine, i'll have wait for a creation kit for FO4 if only they have upgraded their engine!
It will be nice to see how many of this mod are just reuse of mod from previous games..
I'm not saying it's a bad thing to keep an engine for better modding compatibility, but at some point Bethesda will have to recreate an engine that support new tech, fix theirs bugs.

CDPR had develop a good tool too, the redkit, which infortunatly was incompatible with the need of an open world engine, they didn't lower the game just for the sake of making good on their words having a redkit, they took a risk they took heat for delevering the best game they could whith what they have.
That risk is afftecting the entire modding coimmunity as they now have to rebuild a redkit from scratch based on the new engine, but they didn't compromise their game for the sake of modding.
At times we will see if it pays off, but i personaly can't blame them for giving us a stable game even if the modding suffer a bit..

Top Bottom