The monk in Flotsam

+
The monk in Flotsam

Hey guys,

as some of you might know by now I recently started another “The Witcher 2” playthrough. Now, I remembered from my first playthrough that there was a monk in the Flotsam inn who, if you beat him, offered you some GOG discount or something like that. So I decided to check if he was still there and indeed he is. But it seems that no matter what I do I cannot get him to give me the “relic” so now I wonder whether you can beat him at all in 3.3. Is that still possible? Or is he always gonna say “You are lucky, traveler, but not enough. It does not look as though the gods decree that you should bear up my burden”? If so, why the heck has CDPR not removed him yet? This gotta be hella confusing for new players. I mean what’s the point of having him in there if he does not serve his old function anymore?

Well, you were given a link to GOG.com and got 20% off a $5.00 game of your choice, I think.

Well, maybe the discount doesn't exist nowadays, but the lucky game is to win him having just a pair, if you win having something better he says that you're not lucky enough

Yeah, it was just a bunch of discounted games.

I agree that they should remove the Monk, or at least make him give you an unique in-game item. He's too confusing otherwise.

I wish they would add a real artifact to him, like a rune or something, would be worth maybe trying to win. Spent hours trying to win ,never did .

MarcAuron said:
I wish they would add a real artifact to him, like a rune or something, would be worth maybe trying to win. Spent hours trying to win ,never did .

Maybe with the toolkit someone will give him something worthwhile to win .

Guest 3593423

knicksknicks said:
Strange that he is in the xbox version of the game as well, I beat him a million times before I read this lol.

Same here... but I made a bit of money off him, so all good. :p

Top Bottom