The more I play the less I love.

+
I have well over 100 hours in at the moment and was working on my third playthrough, but the more time I spend in Night City the more shallow it seems. My initial playthrough had many awesome and emotional beats. My second explored a lot of the content I skipped over the first time... but over the course of that one the sheer amount of cut content in this game became clear. On my third attempt I was trying to explore a lot of the game in different ways, in every character I used a unique build, background, gender/orientation, but it started to become super obvious that those decisions changed little beyond which sex scene I may encounter. Parts of this game have incredible depth but the more I explore the world those parts seem to be the exception to the rule. Also the more I encounter enemy AI the harder it is to take it seriously. 40hrs in it didn't seem too terrible, but especially when playing an aggressive melee build, it's a bad joke. My current plan is to uninstall it and give the devs a year or two to hopefully finish this game.

CDPR, please finish your game and deliver on the promises of your illustrious marketing campaign before trying to sell us any DLC. I didn't request a refund because I still had some quality entertainment dancing around the bugs, but if you try to sell me more content before finishing what should have been in the base game you will lose a customer for life.

Having the same experience. The non existent faction system and useless police system make this game repetitive and shallow outside the main story. The gigs are copy/paste and repetitive too. The dumb enemy AI also makes each fight seem the same as the last one, and once you get to a certain level it's not even worth bothering with tactics like stealth/hacking etc when you can get the job done much quicker by just running in guns blazing. It's all feeling a lot like No Man's Sky when you compare the actual finished game to what it was marketed to be.

I have well over 100 hours in at the moment and was working on my third playthrough, but the more time I spend in Night City the more shallow it seems. My initial playthrough had many awesome and emotional beats. My second explored a lot of the content I skipped over the first time... but over the course of that one the sheer amount of cut content in this game became clear. On my third attempt I was trying to explore a lot of the game in different ways, in every character I used a unique build, background, gender/orientation, but it started to become super obvious that those decisions changed little beyond which sex scene I may encounter. Parts of this game have incredible depth but the more I explore the world those parts seem to be the exception to the rule. Also the more I encounter enemy AI the harder it is to take it seriously. 40hrs in it didn't seem too terrible, but especially when playing an aggressive melee build, it's a bad joke. My current plan is to uninstall it and give the devs a year or two to hopefully finish this game.

CDPR, please finish your game and deliver on the promises of your illustrious marketing campaign before trying to sell us any DLC. I didn't request a refund because I still had some quality entertainment dancing around the bugs, but if you try to sell me more content before finishing what should have been in the base game you will lose a customer for life.

I think you speak for 90% percent of us... nothing more to add. If they do not deliver the game that was promised there is no point in buying any DLC or a sequel.

1st playthrough, 45 hours and it's getting really boring outside main quest - not much to do in this game, everything very repetitive, same encounters all the time.

The non existent faction system
The dumb enemy AI
It's all feeling a lot like No Man's Sky
Probably, factions were created for multiplayer purposes... and yes, you're right in sp it is disappointing. There are no affections on quests, no affections on storyline, all gangs seems equally hostile or friendly to the V.

Enemy AI is not so dumb, but I can't figure out how enemy are changing their behavior. Maybe it is just not properly tested

No Man's Sky is kinda better now, personally, I cross fingers here and hope game will be improved with time

Not to mention the completely unbalanced gameplay, game is just too easy even on very hard difficulty, there is just too much ways to be OP in the game, is a complete cakewalk.

CDPR promised to create a "free open world" game, but the current cyberpunk has become a game of walking around the streets just to take pictures after seeing the story.

Dude I feel you. This game had me for the first 20 - 25 hrs and then it fell off fast. I have 180 hrs and it is painful to even look at the game now. I go back to it in denial but shut it off after a few minutes now. It's pointless. Story doesn't really change. The more I play it the more I see how the story isn't even that good. World is static. Can't even continue after the main story in world post main story. Just back to the point of no return. Once the map is clear there is nothing left to do and progression is monkeys. Lazy Lazy Lazy.

So much it could / should have been. There are just basic and common features inherent in games that are missing or broken. And after my 2nd play-through I realized how replaying it is pointless and not worth the price of admission. Not gonna return it cuz they got me this time. It's gonna take a few "Let's Play" videos before I play another CDPR game. Even then I will probably wait for a big sale.

I have well over 100 hours in at the moment and was working on my third playthrough, but the more time I spend in Night City the more shallow it seems. My initial playthrough had many awesome and emotional beats. My second explored a lot of the content I skipped over the first time... but over the course of that one the sheer amount of cut content in this game became clear.
Also the more I encounter enemy AI the harder it is to take it seriously.
150+ hours in. Currently on my second playthrough and completely agree and feel exactly the same. Considering doing this in a short while:
My current plan is to uninstall it and give the devs a year or two to hopefully finish this game.
I just hope it won't take as long as a year or two...

I have to cut CDPR (the dev studio, not the company as a whole) a li'l slack, cuz they were really kind of between a rock and a hard place, wedged between a segment of the pre-release player base begging for it's release, plus everytime they did delay release, they got blasted for it by angry, over-eager fans all over social media, while on the other side they have their stock holders to whom they ultimately answer to, demanding a pre-2020 holiday season release so that they could reap in those phat, phat holiday spending cashmonies.

I'd bet dollars to eddies that the studio itself, those who've poured their hearts into the game, wanted top puch release into 1st quater 2021, but the board said HELL NAW! And they did indeed make bank. Even with the refunds, their sitting pretty and as they fix bugs and improve QoL, etc, and a decent segment of those who asked for refunds start reading how good the game is in a few months, will be buying it back.

I'm still digging it, though I do have my gripes, and only time and updates will tell how long I dig it.

Ahh I get what you mean, 260+ hours in and honestly feel that even ME1 and even FarCry 3 had more content (way more in ME's case) in than CP, even on my 1st playthrough had such a hard time completing the police scanners because they were ALL THE SAME, once I completed 2/3 of them it felt like a copy paste, but the character missions were rather enjoyable, River's specially, although, an option in which YOU become the retribution force would've been great.
Post automatically merged:

1st playthrough, 45 hours and it's getting really boring outside main quest - not much to do in this game, everything very repetitive, same encounters all the time.
The character quests are rather enjoyable, but for more fun mix them up, like get to a certain point in ALMOST collecting all the delamains and then go for pacifica's missions with Mr Hands then go to River's missions and mix it up with some of the Peralez missions, of course always stopping to take out whatever little gigs or side missions you see, pretty much the only way to make the game a bit more enjoyable.

So glad i didn't buy this garb. Learned my lesson years ago when triple A companies started to go full corporate mode. I will never open an exception before researching games prior to buying, never, even to cdpr when it was on top of it's glory with witcher 3 launch.

Top Bottom